Nu 107

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_xbox_boy_*

Guest_xbox_boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

mga pare ko wala na ata itong nu 107? ano sa tingin nyo.

#2 the walrus

the walrus

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:02 AM

wat d u mean? i used to listen to this station all day back home!!!!

#3 Guest_xbox_boy_*

Guest_xbox_boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:39 AM

parang nagbago na ng format eh. ill check tomorrow kung nagbago nga.

#4 tamago

tamago

I'm not a negative person. I just don't care

• 41196 posts
  • Interests:anything that would make me happy

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:53 AM

Pangit na NU 107. Used to be my favorite station, but their playlist became lousy. "The Home Of New Rock" daw sila, pero meron silang tinutugtog na di namang "rock" ang dating. Natatawa ako when they used to play Eminem. Rock ba yun? Even Enya isn't categorized as "rock," yet they play "Orinoco Flow." Pati Cypress Hill nga, kasama sa playlist nila. Mas rock pa nga si Avril Lavigne, pero di siya kasama sa playlist nila.
Paiba iba nga ang storya bakit di nila tinutugtog mga kanta ni Avril e. !st, sabi nila mga ibang DJs, pinaglaban nila na wag itugtog mga kanta nya. A few weeks later, sabi bigla ng isang DJ, ang mga listeners ang may ayaw daw. Ano ba talaga, kuya?
There was a time nga that they played "Unchained Melody." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Someone should educate them what "rock n' roll" is all about.

#5 turboneticssx8

turboneticssx8

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

ok naman ang NU ha. palagi pa din akong nakikinig dito lalo na pag si zack ang DJ kasi ang kulit nya e. meron ba kayo pics ng mga DJ ng NU like sila trish, teoni, dillon, etc..

#6 the walrus

the walrus

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:27 AM

i dunno about their new format but all i can say is NU is the only UN-COMMERSIALIZED radio station out there (if there is such a word). NU lang ang nagpapatugtog ng materials ng indie musicians at underground rock. those rock hits/musicians you hear from "forever" and "for life" radio stations first got their brake on NU before making it big. mainstream is obviously not NUs concern. and who would have thought ROCK AWARDS would go this far?

#7 Guest_xbox_boy_*

Guest_xbox_boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:29 AM

well its a shock if they play songs such as unchained melody hehehe.

#8 Immortal666

Immortal666

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1968 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

I don't listen to NU 107 anymore. Puro emo naririnig ko whenver I tune in and I don't like most emo bands.

Hindi ko na rin naman kailangang makinig ng NU 107, marami naman akong cds e. Tsaka they don't play METAL anyway. With the advent of mp3s and the net, I don't need NU to supply me with music.

#9 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts
  • Interests:Mountain bikes, PC, Electronics

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:18 AM

havent had a chance to listen to NU 107. If those things really happen, then NU 107 degrades into one Craptastic Act.

#10 howard_the_duck

howard_the_duck

April 19: Version 2.0

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18000 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:30 PM

Wow kontrobersyal pala NU 107 hehehe
I was listening during Holy Tuesday and mukhang rock pa naman yata. Lately malabo ang reception sa bulacan kaya hindi ako makapakinig

#11 kotiko

kotiko

Ragin' Demon!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:01 AM

Sayang NU 107.5! It had its best run nung mga late 90's. Ngayon nasiskip na nga lang siya ng tuner ko sa radio e :( Medyo bumano na talaga ngayon. Di na rin gaano uso rock music unlike before.

#12 orionpax

orionpax

Autobot Leader

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6458 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

Chris Cruise rocks!! hehehe puro Khumb Mela at High Adventure plug ins dati ah :lol:

#13 incredible

incredible

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:39 PM

I know a lot from NU. They still rock dude. Marami silang mga gig ngayong april. Try mo to go and you will see.

#14 thirteen

thirteen

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:50 PM

I think the problem with NU is that many of their radio veterans left about 2 years ago, including the station manager Myrene (of Sandwich). While I don't know if this is true, the reason why NU puts lousy music on the playlist is because one of the people inside is on the "payola" from the record labels (which would explain Avril). And while I absolutely cannot stand emo rock, it seems emo is the choice of music of the highschool crowd, NU's biggest target audience.

#15 the walrus

the walrus

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:21 AM

I think the problem with NU is that many of their radio veterans left about 2 years ago, including the station manager Myrene (of Sandwich). While I don't know if this is true, the reason why NU puts lousy music on the playlist is because one of the people inside is on the "payola" from the record labels (which would explain Avril). And while I absolutely cannot stand emo rock, it seems emo is the choice of music of the highschool crowd, NU's biggest target audience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

indeed.... most of their better DJs chose to play for their respective bands full time.... i believe emo is more like a fad. gaya ng new metal a couple of years back so definitely it would die out soon. but i would rather listen to local emo bands than to anything from those "manufactured" rock acts like avril!!

#16 turboneticssx8

turboneticssx8

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

bakit wala na si zack sa NU107? :blink:

#17 kiko machine

kiko machine

Ero-Sennin

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Kumain at Matulog

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

pre eto yng txt ni zach sa philmusic before his last broadcast sa NU107

He said (and we quote), M leavin nu107. Its an indefinite leave . Its tym 2 try nu things n lyf. Nw in d evnt dt i gt run over by a truck r smthing f d sort, do catch my lst shw ds fri. Zach and Joey in d morning in d afternoon! Wahoo!

but zach still plays drums for imago.....

:P

#18 pazayhunk

pazayhunk

The Best Things in Life are FREE!!!

• (05) Regular
  • 510 posts
  • Interests:alternative music

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

oo nga, i used to listen to nu din pero hindi na masyado ngayon kc they've lost their angst!
but i still like the 20 minute rockathon. maybe its true that they have chosen the highshcool crowd. same as nung ako ung highschool and they played nirvana and the like.

peace!

#19 suff

suff

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

:( wala ako radyo

#20 milhouse83

milhouse83

currently suffering from excessive foot odor

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

hey.. stop bashing avril! that girl is such a hot piece of ass.. :wub: anyway.. i used to listen to nu all the time back when i was in highschool. id leave home at 7.30am and arrive at school at umm.. at 7.40!! so for the 10mins that the car radio was tuned at Nu, id be sometimes lucky enough to hear zach and joey in the morning. but id just hear ads throughout the entire drive most of the time.. :grr:

ive been out of the country for 5 years now so i cant really tell how "worse" theyve gotten already. but even back then, there were already signs that Nu has pussified their playlist. i remember hearing eminem and cypress hill tunes inbetween metallica and 311 songs.

Nu 107 is just as "commercialized" as the next FM station. They've got alot of advertisers that they need to keep happy.. and in order for them to do that is to have alot of people listen in to their station. But sadly, people are not into same kind of rock music were into. So Nu ends up playing music that will appeal to the most number of people.. pussy music!! :grr:

the only good thing i can really say about Nu is that they do a good job at bringing unknown and unsiged talent right into the spotlight. but then again, most of these new bands are highschool kids who are into this emo bullshit. id be great if a new led zeppelin, or black sabbath sounding band came about. or even some good old fashioned trash metal.. like the pre-black album metallica. that would rock!! :thumbsupsmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users