Mixed Martial Arts

Some Israeli Defense Forces and US Army Special Forces (Green Beret) trained with us. I'm sure they're exposed to Krav Maga. But after their initiation with a escrimador's knifing mentality, they said they'll probably get killed when confronted with a skilled knife fighter. And so they trained in Balintawak Escrima - Tabimina System.

I'm sure some instructors in your gym know us.

(Even some IDF guys told us that they suspect one of them is a Mossad operative, but it's impossible to verify.)

Krav Maga is not infallible but it is demanding physically and mentally. Taht's why cross training is still a valuable source of knowledge. :)

Train as much as you can. As hard as you can. :)

Edited by Queen Darkeinjel
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried Muay Thai before at a BodyWorx. I like the training, all those kicking exercise, and maybe the sparring too. But I found all those jumping exercises to be too strenuous for me. Di na bagay sa age ko. Nagagawa ko naman (siguro out of pressure na lang) but I find it incredulous when the trainer told me to jump from the floor to the table top. Ngyek!

I tried Taekwondo when UFC offered an open mat in Vertis North. I enjoyed that more, maybe because Taekwondo focuses on kicking.

I stayed longest in Karate-do. The Kata is like meditation for me. And the moves and exercises are just about right. Or maybe because I did it when i was younger. But the moves aren't so practical. Sports lang talaga.

Now, I'm looking for MMA training or Krav Maga (it's so hyped up, wondering if its as good as it sounds). Kaso , Covid, so wala rin.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...