South China/West Philippine Sea

If you can see the number of Chinese military vessels in the area you will be shocked. I took some secret pictures but I can't post it here. Glad that Pres. Marcos somewhat allies himself with US. The Philippines has support near Seogwipo should China try to attack Philippines. With regards to China subs, madami lumubog hindi lang lumalabas sa news. Iba fighter jets may problems din. Somehow, si exPRRD nalatag kailangan ilatag pangontra sea landing. Sana operational na din homemade drones natin. For now, sana nag iincrease na din tayo defensive capabilities natin. Yun mga nasa Bataan baka nangangalawang na o worse nabenta na sa junkshop.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the ruling from the Hague, there really is no question regarding our economic and exploratory rights in the West Philippine Sea and the CCP's infringement of those rights and invasion of our waters. We didn't before, but now the CCP and those in the international community that side with the CCP have no real argument.

While the CCP did not send a delegation to appear before the Court in the Hague, they still made a point to submit a position paper that the Hague had no jurisdiction and that their ruling would have no effect. The former is false and the latter is partly true because the UN and it's courts do not have policing authority to compel sovereign nations.

Until we develop a sufficient level of defensive force over the West Philippine Sea, either on our own or through cooperation with other ASEAN members, the CCP will not cease its bullying and forceful takeover of our sovereign rights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 9:35 AM, Blxst said:

After the ruling from the Hague, there really is no question regarding our economic and exploratory rights in the West Philippine Sea and the CCP's infringement of those rights and invasion of our waters. We didn't before, but now the CCP and those in the international community that side with the CCP have no real argument.

While the CCP did not send a delegation to appear before the Court in the Hague, they still made a point to submit a position paper that the Hague had no jurisdiction and that their ruling would have no effect. The former is false and the latter is partly true because the UN and it's courts do not have policing authority to compel sovereign nations.

Until we develop a sufficient level of defensive force over the West Philippine Sea, either on our own or through cooperation with other ASEAN members, the CCP will not cease its bullying and forceful takeover of our sovereign rights.

The Hague ruling on South China Sea territorial dispute has no effect on China because we cannot impose our sovereignty over our UNCLOS-based extended territory. We need to spend to acquire more deep-sea capable, high-endurance, off-shore patrol vessels distributed among the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR), Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), and the Philippine Navy (PN) to make our presence felt and deter other countries (Vietnam, Malaysia, and China) from being too aggressive.   

We're lagging too far behind in the "Might-is-Right" gunboat diplomacy.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:51 PM, camiar said:

The Hague ruling on South China Sea territorial dispute has no effect on China because we cannot impose our sovereignty over our UNCLOS-based extended territory. We need to spend to acquire more deep-sea capable, high-endurance, off-shore patrol vessels distributed among the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR), Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), and the Philippine Navy (PN) to make our presence felt and deter other countries (Vietnam, Malaysia, and China) from being too aggressive.   

True, I fully agree. I wish we had the option of speaking softly and walking with a big stick.

But, we should still use rule of law diplomacy to chip away at the CCP's soft power while we develop our naval defense capabilities. Like, mentioning it every time the CCP incites an incident. I haven't been watching all the news on it, so it's possible the naval officials that make appearances have been saying it, but I think they should if they haven't.
However, I recognize that diplomatic matters are up to the President.

I actually haven't heard of Malaysia or Vietnam's aggression against the Philippines and feel that we should make stronger alliances with our ASEAN neighbors, in general, since the nine dash line affects all of South East Asia. But if they are hostile, we should still form alliances with other countries to strengthen support against CCP aggression.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 2:51 PM, camiar said:

Just read this now and agree with you 100%. We need to do this right now, we cannot trust our ASEAN neighbors because they are under the Chinese payroll (especially Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia), are Chinese (Singapore) and have many trade relations with China (Thailand, Indonesia). Vietnam even has opposing claims with us. Sa totoo lang, Pinas is alone and we need the US

• 4 weeks later...

That cry for help of "Tama na Lord" from one of the crews ng Unaizah Mae 4 nung recent water cannon incident. Sobrang nakakagalit at nakakapikon na. And I guess that's what China wants. Provoke us, but then again, we don't stand a chance since our navy, military, marines, and airforce (well I guess I just have to say this) sucks!