Current Events Tidbits Et Al

What is WHO’s current position on the use of Dengvaxia®?

Following recommendations made by the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on immunization, WHO’s advisory body on vaccination, a position paper was published in July 2016 based on the data available at that time. The position paper makes a conditional recommendation on the use of the vaccine for highly endemic areas.

http://www.who.int/immunization/diseases/dengue/q_and_a_dengue_vaccine_dengvaxia/en/

The dengue vaccine was implemented during PNoy's time which should not have been in the first place. Health Sec. Garin even suggested not to implement it but PNoy still insisted on it. Period.

http://www.manilatimes.net/aquino-ordered-health-secretary-buy-p3-5-b-defective-dengue-vaccine/366550/

Granted, Digong should have discontinued it. He didn't thus he is liable too.

Simple as that

Granted, Digong should have discontinued it. He didn't thus he is liable too.

Simple as that

Former Health Sec. Ubial discontinued it but implemented it again. The present, Health Sec. Duque has put it on hold.

Now again, we would NOT have this problem in the first place if they did not implement it. Also, simple as that. They created this problem.

I also would like to add that the WHO has denied making a recommendatiion to use this dengue vaccine. (see link below)

http://m.philstar.com/782974/show/adb478d637bca91c8a3b50b54fad87be/

May bahid pang corruption sina PNoy. Overpriced. (see link below)

http://www.newspunchupdate.com/2017/12/journalist-says-that-controversial.html?m=1

Edited by JFK

Former Health Sec. Ubial discontinued it but implemented it again. The present, Health Sec. Duque has put it on hold.

Now again, we would NOT have this problem in the first place if they did not implement it. Also, simple as that. They created this problem.

I also would like to add that the WHO has denied making a recommendatiion to use this dengue vaccine. (see link below)http://m.philstar.com/782974/show/adb478d637bca91c8a3b50b54fad87be/

May bahid pang corruption sina PNoy. Overpriced. (see link below)http://www.newspunchupdate.com/2017/12/journalist-says-that-controversial.html?m=1

Ikaw na nagsabi Sec Ubial discontinued it but implemented it again .... Despite the WHO position paper? Aba sino ang mas isa't kalahating tanga...yun nag implement na wala pa yun position paper o yun nag implement pa rin despite naglabas na ng position paper ang WHO. Panahon na ni Duterte turok pa rin sila ng turok at hindi pinatigil ito. Aba kung tanga pala sinundan mo may karapatang ka na rin maging tanga without liability.

Yes in hindsight, we would not have this problem if it was not implemented in the first place. Everyone is always correct in hindsight. However it would not reach the current magnitude if not also for the negligence and incompetence of the current admin who had the power to discontinue the program since there is already the published WHO position paper which i supposed was not available to the previous admin. WHO can deny making any recommendation ... Then the more the Duterte admin should have stop the program ASAP last jul 2016 and not only now.

Now sa overpricing issue kung totoo man eh let those involve suffer the full penalty of the law. Now if sa pagpatuloy ng programa eh may overpricing din sa administrasyong duterte then hindi ba obvious dapat accountable din kung sino man. Now kung wala naman then well and good. Patas lang sa lahat.

This essentially is how the argument looks like...

Dutertards : PNoy created a problem when it implemented the dengue vaccination program. (Daming pang sinabi &@$/$&@- )

It should have never been implemented in the first place!

Juan dela Cruz: i totally agree with you, so what did the Duterte admin do to the program?

Dutertards : well it was continued but stoped recently nun pumutok na ang issue.

Juan dela Cruz : what?! Alam ninyo mali and yet why only stop it now? so who is at fault here? Who should be held accountable?

Dutertards : siyempre si PNoy at yun tao niyang involved lang, sila yun nagpasimula eh, sinundan lang naman namin kaya bakit kami

idadawit sa mga pagkakamali.

Pero tinigil di ba ni Sec. Duque? Which means may effort to correct it. Ang tingin ko mas isa't kalahating tanga pa rin ang nag implement despite former Sec. Garin not agreeing to it eh tinuloy pa rin. So ano ito? Bakit itinuloy pa rin? Kasi malaking pera kikitain dito? Baka sakaling makalusot? O, baka naman wala lang talaga pakialam sa kahit magkaroon ng bad health effects ito?

May magandang palusot ngayon kasi naituloy. Nakahanap ng damay na accountability. Dahil naka lusot nga naman. Siguro, naisip din nila na ituloy na natin kahit mali at delikado tutal kung hindi nila maihinto agad edi kasalanan din nila?

So again, punto ko lang is pinilit pa nila kahit hindi dapat and yes, talagang they created this problem.

This problem created by them is now being corrected by Sec. Duque kahit na medyo late na. It just shows how the previous adminstration is. It is the worst administration ever. PNoy is just so insensitive talaga despite his slogan of Kayo ang Boss Ko.

Ganito lang yan ...

Yun nagimplement when he made his decision wala pa yun position paper. There are inherent risk, yes but hindi naman confirmed pa. Alam naman natin in any decisions one makes usually it involves taking risk ... Albeit calculated risk. So what am i really trying to say here. Dengue is an issue. While there are people who are oppose to it thete are also those who are in favor. Given the absence of a definite or concrete medical findings as well as the position paper from WHO i will give the president the benefit of the doubt that he acted in good faith (tanggalin muna natin yun over price issue sandali ha) in terms exposing these kids at risk. Remember the program was even lauded by the WHO country rep at nakita mo naman yun sinabi niya that the program is consistent with the recommendations of the WHO expert group. Now the issue on graft if ever sabi ko nga is another matter which just like the rest of you suportado ko na maparusahan ang sino man may sala.

Fast forward to july 2016 lumabas na yun position paper na sinasabi mo. So ano ang difference? Hindi ba malinaw at this time mas guided na dapat yun administrasyon? Kung tulad mo naniniwala ka sa sinasabi ng position paper which i also do, then if one is given this info to aid him in his decision making then my assumption is he well aware and yet ipinagpatuloy pa rin niya. Kasi kung pinahalagahan niya ang position paper na wala at the time when it was initially implemented ipatitigil niya ito. That is well within his powers to do so. May pagkakaiba ba yan yun sinasabi niya talamak ang droga nunmga nakaraang panahon at parang hinahayaan lang kaya nga since naniniwala siya na mali ito gusto niya ipatigil by launching the war on drug. Using your logic Alam naman niya hindi niya matitigil totally di ba so bakit di na lang niya hayaan manatili instead na labanan? So in short kung alam niyang mali na ginawa ng dating Admin ipinatigil niya dapat agad.

Now yun pagpapatigil ni Duque ngayon late na rin diba kasi pumutok na issue sa medical findings na hindi available in july 2016 and earlier. May naturukan na rin sa panahon ni digong. And sa tingin ko kahit sino sa posisyon gagawin yun .... Had that info been available back then i am confident the decision to implement or not will be different.

Hindi nandadamay ang tawag kundi sino ba ang accountable &/or jointly accountable. Presidente si digong ano mang programa ipinatupad niya whether originally sa kanya o yun ipinagpatuloy niya pag may masama accountable siya dapat di ba ... Yun ang tamang pagiisip. Hindi yun rationalizing para maabswelto si Lodi.

Matanong kita kung si Pedro na ama ni Juan ay isang retired killer at magnanakaw at si Juan ay nakapatay ng tao o di kaya nahuli sa pagnanakaw pwede ba niya sabihin sa kapulisan wala siyang kasalanan dahil ipinagpatuloy lang niya ginagawa ng kanyang ama? Lolz! yan ang sinasabi mo ...walang kasalanan si Lodi hindi naman siya ang pasimuno itinuloy lang niya.

Edited by rooster69ph

Garin herself had hesitated to order the vaccines in 2015 because it still didnt have clearances from reputable medical bodies, including the World Health Organization. Even her officials very strongly advised her against it.

The Philippines is the only country to undertake a mass immunization program using the Dengvaxia vaccine involving 700,000 grade-four students during the last three months of the Aquino regime, with a total of 1 million planned. Although Mexican and Brazilian authorities have licensed the sale of the vaccine, they havent launched such mass, effectively compulsory, vaccination using the Dengvaxia vaccine.

http://www.manilatimes.net/aquino-ordered-health-secretary-buy-p3-5-b-defective-dengue-vaccine/366550/

Sorry, I cannot give PNoy the benefit of the doubt that he acted in good faith in this one since it is his Health Sec. Garin who advised him mismo about this pero yun nga tinuloy pa rin.

Garin herself had hesitated to order the vaccines in 2015 because it still didnt have clearances from reputable medical bodies, including the World Health Organization. Even her officials very strongly advised her against it.

The Philippines is the only country to undertake a mass immunization program using the Dengvaxia vaccine involving 700,000 grade-four students during the last three months of the Aquino regime, with a total of 1 million planned. Although Mexican and Brazilian authorities have licensed the sale of the vaccine, they havent launched such mass, effectively compulsory, vaccination using the Dengvaxia vaccine.

Sorry, I cannot give PNoy the benefit of the doubt that he acted in good faith in this one since it is his Health Sec. Garin who advised him mismo about this pero yun nga tinuloy pa rin.

If they get Garin to testify on how the vaccine program was fast tracked, I predict she will spill the beans on PNoy.

PNoy would go down in history as the inept president who put almost a million children in harms' way just to raise funds for his party's election campaign.

If they get Garin to testify on how the vaccine program was fast tracked, I predict she will spill the beans on PNoy.

PNoy would go down in history as the inept president who put almost a million children in harms' way just to raise funds for his party's election campaign.

Maybe Pnoy fast tracked the project in good faith by helping the children immunized in the same time getting funds in the upcoming elections then. Like hitting 2 birds in one stone. HIndi niya akalain na papalpak isang malaking foreign company.

Maybe Pnoy fast tracked the project in good faith by helping the children immunized in the same time getting funds in the upcoming elections then. Like hitting 2 birds in one stone. HIndi niya akalain na papalpak isang malaking foreign company.

Kaya nga I described him as INEPT.

As a leader of the country, you don't fast track programs like that based on your own say so. You have to heed scientific advice of professionals in the health community. In this case, he overruled them. Reason? He was seeking credit for being bold enough to embark on a massive health program.

It was the same situation when he relied on his own limited perspective and experience when he personally managed the Mamasapano operations instead of delegating it to the professional military and police staff. He thought it would be just like in the video games. When s@%t hit the fan, he crumbled and led 44 SAF troopers to their death in the process. Reason? He was seeking possible credit if he pulled it off.

PNoy could have used the PhP 3.5 Billion in sanitation and cleanup at the barangay level to eliminate the breeding ground of dengue-carrying mosquitoes. It would have been a more effective Dengue prevention program.

But he doesn't enjoy getting to the ground level and dirtying his hands to lead common people. In fact, I think he hates being in close proximity with common people. Besides, walang opportunity to overprice anything for his election campaign funds.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

Kaya nga I described him as INEPT.

As a leader of the country, you don't fast track programs like that based on your own say so. You have to heed scientific advice of professionals in the health community. In this case, he overruled them. Reason? He was seeking credit for being bold enough to embark on a massive health program.

It was the same situation when he relied on his own limited perspective and experience when he personally managed the Mamasapano operations instead of delegating it to the professional military and police staff. He thought it would be just like in the video games. When s@%t hit the fan, he crumbled and led 44 SAF troopers to their death in the process. Reason? He was seeking possible credit if he pulled it off.

You said it perfectly. Ganun na nga yun.

PNoy could have used the PhP 3.5 Billion in sanitation and cleanup at the barangay level to eliminate the breeding ground of dengue-carrying mosquitoes. It would have been a more effective Dengue prevention program.

But he doesn't enjoy getting to the ground level and dirtying his hands to lead common people. In fact, I think he hates being in close proximity with common people. Besides, walang opportunity to overprice anything for his election campaign funds.

Again, you said it perfectly.

It would be good to re-examine the timeline of the dengvaxia mess in an objective manner first, without the blemish of gossip news:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/949205/philippine-news-updates-dengue-vaccines-department-of-health-dengue-immunization-program-dengvaxia

While I'm not advocating the use of dengvaxia, I do question the effectivity of a cleanup drive eliminating dengue mosquitos.

Sure, it is the ideal solution (and it should be done), but realistically speaking the 3.5 Billion Pesos would run out even way before we can eliminate even 40% (arbitrary number ko lang yan, ah) of dengue-carrying mosquitoes. There are way more way for them to breed than there are people in the Philippines.

Kung tayo nga hindi natin malinis sarili nating lamesa o bahay, eh... iaaasa pa natin sa gobyerno?

Besides, hindi ko mainitndihan ano ba talaga stand the WHO? Did they or didn't they recommend this? They said no, but their own website seem to say otherwise:

"WHO recommends that countries should consider introduction of the dengue vaccine CYD-TDV only in geographic settings (national or subnational) where epidemiological data indicate a high burden of disease. Complete recommendations may be found in the WHO position paper on dengue."

http://www.who.int/immunization/research/development/dengue_vaccines/en/

Edited by tk421

Coulda shoulda woulda ... isa lang ang tanong sa huli bakit ipinagpatuloy ni digong ang isang palpak na programa.

Napakaefficient niya sa pagpapatuloy ng palpak na problema. Nakakahiya naman

Once a massive program like that is launched, it will continue on its own momentum, especially since the vaccine supplier only disclosed the problem only recently.

You worry about this administration's inefficiency in detecting the problems and stopping the program in time, but you're blind to your idol's ineptness, stupidity, and greed that created this massive blunder in the first place.

Edited by camiar

It would be good to re-examine the timeline of the dengvaxia mess in an objective manner first, without the blemish of gossip news:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/949205/philippine-news-updates-dengue-vaccines-department-of-health-dengue-immunization-program-dengvaxia

While I'm not advocating the use of dengvaxia, I do question the effectivity of a cleanup drive eliminating dengue mosquitos.

Sure, it is the ideal solution (and it should be done), but realistically speaking the 3.5 Billion Pesos would run out even way before we can eliminate even 40% (arbitrary number ko lang yan, ah) of dengue-carrying mosquitoes. There are way more way for them to breed than there are people in the Philippines.

Kung tayo nga hindi natin malinis sarili nating lamesa o bahay, eh... iaaasa pa natin sa gobyerno?

The sanitation and clean-up drive is mostly education and information campaign to get the people barangay level to do their own clean-up and dengue prevention activities.

So what if PhP 3.5 is not enough? At least it still would have been put to better use. Now it's clear that PNoy poured PhP3.5 billion down the drain on a useless vaccine.

Consistent clean-up and other preventive measures are still the most effective program. One example is the Anti-Malaria campaign Africa where they observed a sharp drop in incidence of malaria after they distributed mosquito nets (kulambo) to the people, after years of trying to eradicate the mosquitoes by insecticide sprays without getting any results.

Once a massive program like that is launched, it will continue on its own momentum, especially since the vaccine supplier only disclosed the problem only recently.

You worry about this administration's inefficiency in detecting the problems and stopping the program in time, but you're blind to your idol's ineptness, stupidity, and greed that created this massive blunder in the first place.

At saan mo naman nakuha ang conclusion na yan aber? Where did i said that The past admin should not be held liable? jointly liable sila kasi both the past and present admin did administer the vaccine. Wag mag pauso ha.

And if you look at the timeline ikaw na nagsabi the supplier only disclose the problem recently plus wala pa yun WHO position paper when it was implemented. As such considering that the position paper is already out mas stupid talaga ang admin na ito to continue the program. Kumbaga pinagsisigawan ng mga dutertards na mali yun pagbibigay ng vaccine, eh ayun naman pala alam ninyo mali pero inaabswelto ninyo si digong? Look who is stupid now with the argument?

And for the record, i don't worry about this admin inefficiency in detecting problems but in solving it too. It has been proven.

Wala naman sinabi sa position paper na may masamang epekto ang vaccine sa matuturukan, so bakit naman dapat biglang ihinto at naging mas tanga yung current admin sa nangyari? Sasabihin niyo pa na tinitigil pa yung magandang proyekto ng dating admin na walang sapat na basehan. Since naka roll na yung implementation and nabigyan na ng budget dire diretso na lang yan unless magkaroon nga ng medical proof na may masamang epekto ito.

So what if PhP 3.5 is not enough? At least it still would have been put to better use. Now it's clear that PNoy poured PhP3.5 billion down the drain on a useless vaccine.

A cleanup drive will only be effective for a very short time if its not consistently sustained. Since mosquitoes have very short life cycle, the 3.5 billion will be wasted because this is a cyclical problem. So unless the ROI of the 3.5 billion can be recouped in just a couple of weeks, then its not really efficient.

The alleged overpriced acquisition is still nothing to scoff at, however. Yes, Im also peeshed off since it was my tax money that was used for purchasing these. Same as Im angry that my tax money now is being used to pay off incompetent officials.

Wala naman sinabi sa position paper na may masamang epekto ang vaccine sa matuturukan, so bakit naman dapat biglang ihinto at naging mas tanga yung current admin sa nangyari? Sasabihin niyo pa na tinitigil pa yung magandang proyekto ng dating admin na walang sapat na basehan. Since naka roll na yung implementation and nabigyan na ng budget dire diretso na lang yan unless magkaroon nga ng medical proof na may masamang epekto ito.

wala palang masamang epekto So bakit yun sa pangungutya mo ang hirit mo kung pinayuhan ba ni PNoy na magpabakuna sa Bimby.

Palusot pa more!

The way i see it and one dutertard have confirmed, the risk factors were non-conclusive when it was implemented in fact not until recently. Its just that someone got too excited in bashing the former admin for administering the vaccine to kids. Pagkakataon nga naman to banatan ang kinasusuklaman nila kaso it backfired when told it was also continued by his lodi. who would have though mr competent lodi would also implement a project of thiS piece of trash ex-president. Ayun ... iba na ang kanta bigla. Siyempre di pwedeng maipit si lodi. Insulated dapat lagi sa kapalpakan.

wala palang masamang epekto So bakit yun sa pangungutya mo ang hirit mo kung pinayuhan ba ni PNoy na magpabakuna sa Bimby.

Palusot pa more!

Bad karma lang kailangan ni Penoy kaya ko dinamay si Bimby. My answer/opinion is already posted earlier. Camiar already posted the ineptness of Pnoy after that post. Ikaw naman lagi laging nandadamay gamit yang position paper ng WHO na wala namang concrete na sinasabi sa epekto nito.