Headphones

Eto yung Creative EP-630: P1,200

Technical Details:

* Soft Silicone Earbuds - excellent isolation from ambient noise

* Powerful 9mm neodymium magnet transducers providing subsonic bass & crystal clear highs

* Gold-plated plug and Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) cable - excellent electrical contact for clear audio transmission

* Frequency Response - 6Hz ~ 23kHz

* Impedance - 16ohms

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/11srXNPu-2L._AA125_.jpg

Uy, thanks for the info! ^_^ Insomnii and Gideon, saan kayo nakabili ng Creative 'phones? Pasensya na kung medyo ignorante yung tanong, ha? Matagal na kasi akong di nakakapunta sa mall. :D Ay, kung may user reviews din kayo for both models, I'd appreciate it. :)

Edited by pussycatdoll
Uy, thanks for the info! ^_^ Insomnii and Gideon, saan kayo nakabili ng Creative 'phones? Pasensya na kung medyo ignorante yung tanong, ha? Matagal na kasi akong di nakakapunta sa mall. :D Ay, kung may user reviews din kayo for both models, I'd appreciate it. :)

Makati Park Square 1 sa mga PC shops doon. Try mo rin sa ElectroWorld.

^^Where exactly is Abenson Avant located, sir?

I'm planning to buy my new headphones next weekend. Wish me luck! ^_^

Ako rin, sana may dinero na ako nun. :D

Abenson Avant is in Greenbelt 3. Coming from the Landmark pedestrian walkway, it's to the right of PowerBooks...the same side as Nike Women and Badminton Hub.

Good luck sa atin :)

Hello guys, any leads on where I can get Creative earphones? Could you also give me an idea of the price range I'll be looking at there? The earphones bundled with my Zen finally gave up the ghost and I'd like to get a replacement pair. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Marami sa SM San Lazaro 3rd floor, 50% of the stores have variants of Creative earphones...

"One issue that's especially important for portable headphones is impedance. The higher the impedance, the more electrical energy is required to drive the headphones' tiny speakers. Because of the limited power available from a portable player, headphones for portable use should have a maximum impedance of 64 ohms — the lower the impedance, the more efficient the 'phones, and the more volume you'll get out of them." - crutchfield.com

But if you have a high-powered portable player a higher impedance can actually work to your advantage: the higher the impedance the better the bass frequencies produced. Thus earphones with lower impedance have this "tunog-lata" sound.

Also, have your hearing system checked by an ENT (clinical audiologist) para malaman mo whether you have a normal hearing across the entire frequency ranges, sayang naman kasi kung high-end nga system mo pero bingi ka naman sa mga whispers or such, hehehe.

It's all about optimizing your sound experience: High powered portables (high capacity quality batteries like those from Sony or GP Powerbank) coupled with a pair of branded earphones (masahol tunog nung mga galing bangketa)..

...anyways... what are the things do you look for in a headphone? parang guide in looking for the right headphone and san maganda magcanvas ng headphones? use ng headphones ko is for music, watching videos/movies and some video editing...

for music maganda earphones. Look for branded ones pero not that expensive.. Ako I always rely on my Sony Fontopia earphones (bukod tanging sa Sony boutique sa Gateway lang ako nakakita nito, costs 500 bucks sa black and 600 bucks sa gray pair) then add ng generic earbuds bought from any CD-R king branches solb na ko...

for video mas maganda ata headphones na lang coz kung earphones you might not be able to appreciate the true surround/5.1 sound that its encoded in..heard na maganda yung sa Sen pero no personal knowledge ako dito..

peace! :mtc:

Edited by Fusarium_jimini

Fit should be your first concern especially if you're looking for earphones or IEMs (in-ear monitors). It's more of an issue with IEMs because if you can't get a good fit and seal, they won't sound their best.

Sadly there's no such thing as a "standard" ear. For the longest time I've avoided earphones because I know they never fit in my ears properly without pain.

The new IEMs are making me think differently though. I managed to fit demo units of the Shure E2c and E4c and they fit me very well! They're VERY expensive though...the cheapest of the line (E2c) costs PhP4500, and the price climbs to a peak of PhP14500 :(

• 2 months later...
Fit should be your first concern especially if you're looking for earphones or IEMs (in-ear monitors). It's more of an issue with IEMs because if you can't get a good fit and seal, they won't sound their best.

Sadly there's no such thing as a "standard" ear. For the longest time I've avoided earphones because I know they never fit in my ears properly without pain.

The new IEMs are making me think differently though. I managed to fit demo units of the Shure E2c and E4c and they fit me very well! They're VERY expensive though...the cheapest of the line (E2c) costs PhP4500, and the price climbs to a peak of PhP14500 :(

You're right. A lot of people complain of weak bass when their problem really is that they're not wearing the headphones properly. The rubber, foam, or whateveritis must have a tight seal around the ear canal.

Btw, they let you fit IEMs in the store? Gross. :lol:

"One issue that's especially important for portable headphones is impedance. The higher the impedance, the more electrical energy is required to drive the headphones' tiny speakers. Because of the limited power available from a portable player, headphones for portable use should have a maximum impedance of 64 ohms — the lower the impedance, the more efficient the 'phones, and the more volume you'll get out of them." - crutchfield.com

Thanks Dude!

Naintindihan ko na rin sa wakas.

"The Lower the Better"

• 2 weeks later...

impedance matching between the amp/pre-amp & headphones also plays a factor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
any1 knows kung nu brand may bluetooth headfones that can be used both for celfone and ipod or any audio device w/ 3.5 mm jack?

i use the motorola ht820 (requires a2dp), which isnt at all bad (has enough oomph but not enough to please an audiophile), has a 3.5mm cord for the times when you just have to have it wired or when your device doesnt support a2dp, and has rather good telephony. it doesnt have a bluetooth dongle so you cant just jack it up to any ipod or zen unless you have the good luck of finding the optional motorola dongle. motorola also has the s9, which, even though having an in-ear form factor, provides a somewhat better audio output than the ht820, even in terms of bass. the ht820 will set you back 2.5k clams and the s9 costs about 4.5k clams.

does harman kardon sell ear/headphones too?

yes they do. in fact, im looking for some, the bluetooth variety of course. if im not mistaken, the JBL reference 610 with BT (which looks like a pair of jbl creature II satellites glued to a neck band) is manufactured by HK.

** question: if anyone chances upon these bluetooth stereo headsets while at the mall, please PM me where you saw them and how much. would really appreciate the info. am looking to upgrade from my motorolas and want some definite punch.

JBL reference 610

Jabra BT620s

Plantronics Pulsar 590A

Sony DR-BT50

i use the motorola ht820 (requires a2dp), which isnt at all bad (has enough oomph but not enough to please an audiophile), has a 3.5mm cord for the times when you just have to have it wired or when your device doesnt support a2dp, and has rather good telephony. it doesnt have a bluetooth dongle so you cant just jack it up to any ipod or zen unless you have the good luck of finding the optional motorola dongle. motorola also has the s9, which, even though having an in-ear form factor, provides a somewhat better audio output than the ht820, even in terms of bass. the ht820 will set you back 2.5k clams and the s9 costs about 4.5k clams.

yes they do. in fact, im looking for some, the bluetooth variety of course. if im not mistaken, the JBL reference 610 with BT (which looks like a pair of jbl creature II satellites glued to a neck band) is manufactured by HK.

** question: if anyone chances upon these bluetooth stereo headsets while at the mall, please PM me where you saw them and how much. would really appreciate the info. am looking to upgrade from my motorolas and want some definite punch.

JBL reference 610

Jabra BT620s

Plantronics Pulsar 590A

Sony DR-BT50

Hows tha sound of a BT headgear compared to a wired one? Any noticeable audio loss?

Hows tha sound of a BT headgear compared to a wired one? Any noticeable audio loss?

my ht820 isnt bad, but i'm afraid it might crack up when i decide to try and play lossless format audio. there is some notable hissing when treble extends to the upper notes (mostly due to packet loss). The S9 can probably take lossless audio format. regarding high-end BT gear, the sony and plantronics in my wishlist are noted to be comparable to high-end wired sets. none that i have tried employ active noise-cancellation, which would betray the fact that i have really tried too few pairs.

• 3 weeks later...