Swimmers Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#1 Leslie Garcia

Leslie Garcia

MTC Events Manager

• Ambassador
  • 15262 posts
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, swimming, business, organize events/party/sportsfest anything i can get my hands on ...

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

Manlalangoy ng bayan ... kwarto para sa lahat ...

#2 compadrei

compadrei

SeXy TiMe

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4541 posts
  • Interests:Let's see if i'll be..

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

ok tong room nato.. used to swim before..

#3 Leslie Garcia

Leslie Garcia

MTC Events Manager

• Ambassador
  • 15262 posts
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, swimming, business, organize events/party/sportsfest anything i can get my hands on ...

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

I was a former varsitarian during high school and college ...

#4 pussycatdoll

pussycatdoll

daydream believer :)

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

Uy, sali ako dito! :D

#5 compadrei

compadrei

SeXy TiMe

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4541 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

I was a former varsitarian during high school and college ...

do you still swim?

#6 Leslie Garcia

Leslie Garcia

MTC Events Manager

• Ambassador
  • 15262 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

do you still swim?

Not quite .. not time to swim ... i work night shift :(

#7 compadrei

compadrei

SeXy TiMe

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4541 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

Not quite .. not time to swim ... i work night shift :(

dapat after work derechong swimming.. :cool:

#8 TheDRAGON

TheDRAGON

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:51 PM

Hi guys and girls. I used to be a basketball player, but sadly, a knee injury seems to have ended my basketball hopes. I need to know where I can use a lap pool at an affordable price, if not for free, so I can get back into shape. I can't really do that by jogging because it puts a lot of impact on my knees, especially since I've already gained a lot of weight since my basketball playing days. I want to get into swimming, and compete if possible. Hope you guys can help me out. I live in the QC Commonwealth area, and I work in the Eastwood area of Libis. Proximity to those 2 places would be very convenient. Thanks

#9 pussycatdoll

pussycatdoll

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1916 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:55 AM

Hey, theDRAGON. We're in the same boat, I see. An old sports injury pretty much finished off my knees, too.

If you want a lap pool in the QC area, the only one I know of that's open to the public is the one at the Amoranto Sports Complex. It's open at odd hours, and I'm no longer sure of their hours of operation, so you might want to give them a call instead. I'm sure you'll be able to find their number on Google. Also, the last time I was there years ago, the bathroom facilities left a lot to be desired, so don't be surprised if you do decide to go.

In Marikina, there's the Marikina Sports Center pool. It's Olympic sized and the manongs who hang out there can help you improve your stroke, as well. On the minus side, the local colleges hold their swimming classes there on weekdays. The pool also gets really crowded during the weekends (kids crossing your lane, rough housing teens and the like) so if you want to swim in peace, go there early, around 7:30am. That's when the hardcore swimmers and some members of the Philippine team practice. The pool officially opens at 8am, but if the manongs and the manangs get to know you, they'll let you in early so you can have a head start on the kiddies. They'll even let you swim during the lunch period so you can have the pool to yourself. :cool: Pool hours are 8am - 12nn and 1pm - 5pm Tues-Sun, P30 entrance fee, P10 if you're from Marikina. Pool is closed on Mondays for cleaning. Bathroom facilities aren't the best, but the water pressure from the showers is good.

The old Ultra lap pool in Pasig is still open, I think, but I haven't tried it.

Last recommendation for laps would be the Ateneo college pool. I haven't tried it myself but I know a friend who swims there regularly and she says the facilities are great. I'll let you know as soon as I've tried it out.

Good luck, and happy swimming! ^_^

Edited by pussycatdoll, 08 February 2007 - 09:57 AM.

#10 compadrei

compadrei

SeXy TiMe

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4541 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hey, theDRAGON. We're in the same boat, I see. An old sports injury pretty much finished off my knees, too.

If you want a lap pool in the QC area, the only one I know of that's open to the public is the one at the Amoranto Sports Complex. It's open at odd hours, and I'm no longer sure of their hours of operation, so you might want to give them a call instead. I'm sure you'll be able to find their number on Google. Also, the last time I was there years ago, the bathroom facilities left a lot to be desired, so don't be surprised if you do decide to go.

In Marikina, there's the Marikina Sports Center pool. It's Olympic sized and the manongs who hang out there can help you improve your stroke, as well. On the minus side, the local colleges hold their swimming classes there on weekdays. The pool also gets really crowded during the weekends (kids crossing your lane, rough housing teens and the like) so if you want to swim in peace, go there early, around 7:30am. That's when the hardcore swimmers and some members of the Philippine team practice. The pool officially opens at 8am, but if the manongs and the manangs get to know you, they'll let you in early so you can have a head start on the kiddies. They'll even let you swim during the lunch period so you can have the pool to yourself. :cool: Pool hours are 8am - 12nn and 1pm - 5pm Tues-Sun, P30 entrance fee, P10 if you're from Marikina. Pool is closed on Mondays for cleaning. Bathroom facilities aren't the best, but the water pressure from the showers is good.

Last recommendation for laps would be the Ateneo college pool. I haven't tried it myself but I know a friend who swims there regularly and she says the facilities are great. I'll let you know as soon as I've tried it out.

do you still swim miss PCD?

#11 AutoPimp

AutoPimp

Sure Thing

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3540 posts
  • Interests:Love and Hate

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

uuuyy, used to go swim too..

langoy na? langoy na.. :cool:

:mtc:

#12 Leslie Garcia

Leslie Garcia

MTC Events Manager

• Ambassador
  • 15262 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

Hi guys and girls. I used to be a basketball player, but sadly, a knee injury seems to have ended my basketball hopes. I need to know where I can use a lap pool at an affordable price, if not for free, so I can get back into shape. I can't really do that by jogging because it puts a lot of impact on my knees, especially since I've already gained a lot of weight since my basketball playing days. I want to get into swimming, and compete if possible. Hope you guys can help me out. I live in the QC Commonwealth area, and I work in the Eastwood area of Libis. Proximity to those 2 places would be very convenient. Thanks

Well.. PCD's suggestion is ok ... you can also try the Quezon City Sports Park and Celebrity Sports Plaza... that is also one of my dilemma either i go back swimming or find another alternative to lose weight and correct my glucose intolerance :)

dapat after work derechong swimming.. :cool:

question is where ... is danarra affordable? they have a swimming pool there kasi

#13 compadrei

compadrei

SeXy TiMe

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4541 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:54 PM

question is where ... is danarra affordable? they have a swimming pool there kasi

the problem is, im not familiar with the pools in manila.. hmmm.. <_< sino kaya nakakaalam..

#14 Leslie Garcia

Leslie Garcia

MTC Events Manager

• Ambassador
  • 15262 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

the problem is, im not familiar with the pools in manila.. hmmm.. <_< sino kaya nakakaalam..

Where in manila ba? i might be able to help you

#15 DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Woman in Process

• Ambassador
  • 17354 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:48 PM

PAALALA LANG PO

Hello everyone!

Reminder lang po to please submit your group/chapter's list of officers before 28 February 2007 via PM. The list should contain your officers'/representatives' (1) names (handles), (2) email addresses, and (3) contact numbers.

For more information, please go to the Attention: All Groups & Chapters information thread.

Please feel free to send me a PM for questions.

Thank you and have a good day!

Edited by DarkAngel, 12 February 2007 - 03:52 PM.

#16 TheDRAGON

TheDRAGON

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

Thanks for the tips! i really appreciate this. Is it ok for me to wear board shorts for swimming at these venues? I don't feel particularly good in those tiny black speedos.

#17 Leslie Garcia

Leslie Garcia

MTC Events Manager

• Ambassador
  • 15262 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the tips! i really appreciate this. Is it ok for me to wear board shorts for swimming at these venues? I don't feel particularly good in those tiny black speedos.

You don't really need to wear those skimpy speedos .. they have a new line of trunks you might want to check it out :) board shorts are not allowed i think on those venues ...:)

#18 acemacy

acemacy

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

good pm sa lahat. i always dream of becoming a swimmer.. pero wala talagang time. but, am a good swimmer naman kahit papaano. hope am welcome sa group na 'to!

:thumbsupsmiley:
macy

#19 THUG

THUG

• (05) Regular
  • 1839 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:23 PM

sino nakakaalam nung bagong bukas na swim area sa may guadalupe daw.. masa ata tawag, makati aquatic sports arena or something..

san ba exact location nito and dapat ba taga makati lang?

#20 pussycatdoll

pussycatdoll

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1916 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

Lintek, lumangoy ulit ako kagabi after 48 years na walang ensayo. Pakiramdam ko ngayon para akong nabugbog! :cry: Di bale, I'll be back for more torture tomorrow. Kailangang dalasan na naman para bumalik sa dating kundisyon ang katawan. Haaaay! :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users