#41 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:55 AM

Hi guys,

I'm not actually new to this website but this will be my very first posting. If you guys are very much interested in doing trail rides, you are very welcome to join my group every weekend. Everybody's welcome, newbie or veteran, it doesn't matter. If you're a veteran, goodie, you won't have any problems catching up, d naman kami ganon kalakas, weekend warriors lang po. If you're a newbie, no problem, we always wait out for one another and have sweepers as the backmarkers to ensure nobody gets left behind. We usually do XC rides and do occasional downhilling, which we did for the last two weekends. Just let me know if you're interested cause we will be having our regular trail ride this weekend, which would usually cover Santa Rosa or Maarat trails, depende na lang kung saan gusto ng grupo. And if you're up to a more adventurous trip, we will be having another Banaue-Sagada ride this August. You're all welcome to join. Thanks. Cheers.

#42 stormloader

stormloader

The outsider

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:59 PM

Fish,

are you from pinoy mt bikers? Para kasing regular fare yan ng mga tropa dun eh. Especially yung idea of doing the sagada trip. Just curious man. member din kase ako dun and manage to join the rides from time to time. B)

#43 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts
  • Interests:Mountain bikes, PC, Electronics

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:49 PM

Hi guys,

I'm not actually new to this website but this will be my very first posting. If you guys are very much interested in doing trail rides, you are very welcome to join my group every weekend. Everybody's welcome, newbie or veteran, it doesn't matter. If you're a veteran, goodie, you won't have any problems catching up, d naman kami ganon kalakas, weekend warriors lang po. If you're a newbie, no problem, we always wait out for one another and have sweepers as the backmarkers to ensure nobody gets left behind. We usually do XC rides and do occasional downhilling, which we did for the last two weekends. Just let me know if you're interested cause we will be having our regular trail ride this weekend, which would usually cover Santa Rosa or Maarat trails, depende na lang kung saan gusto ng grupo. And if you're up to a more adventurous trip, we will be having another Banaue-Sagada ride this August. You're all welcome to join. Thanks. Cheers.

Fish,

Saan may trail sa santa rosa? I used to bike regularly sa maarat, I lived in San Mateo before. Our house is 7km away from Gate 1 of Filinvest on the way to maarat.
Miss ko na trail riding :(

#44 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1541 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:13 PM

may mga trails ba dito sa santa rosa?

#45 TheGeneral

TheGeneral

12 years in MTC... not one EB.

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8796 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Basketball, Swimming, Billiards

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

i used to be a mountain bike enthusiast... can't forget my race sponsored by Rudy Project several years ago..from Morong to Quezon... me and my group also loved to ride to places like tagaytay, laguna, san mateo, montalban, daranak... oh darn, the dreaded daranak falls... june 12 1996, i was riding my original GT/Mavic/XT Gruppo combination goin' down from daranak... it was dusk... about 30kmh descent i crashed in a ravine... i regained consciousness at the UST hospital... had 2 days total amnesia... 5 months physical therapy... i never rode a bike since... but i'm contemplating on putting my feet on a clipless Shimano pedal once again... i will ride a bike again... it's just a matter of time... :rolleyes:

#46 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1541 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hey general,

I had a nasty accident way back 2002. Slid down a slope and fell off my bike at 40 kph.
First thing I heard was the the loud crash, my right foot twisted, my right wrist cracking ohh..
good thing i had my helmet on.
spent 2 days in hospital, had 4 stainless steel pins drilled in my right forearm.
spent 5 months in therapy.
but the experience never drown my enthusiasm. I still bike but now cautiously.
As they say, it's easy to fall, but the hardest thing to do is to get up...

Go out and ride again man!!!!

#47 TheGeneral

TheGeneral

12 years in MTC... not one EB.

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8796 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Basketball, Swimming, Billiards

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:05 PM

mahabangpasensiya,

thanks man. i'm really looking forward to ride again... i'll be getting my frame by next month..then there's no stopping me... i won't spend so much though as i did before, but i will definitely building my ride again... it's a good exercise too.. :rolleyes:

#48 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1541 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:40 AM

mahabangpasensiya,

thanks man. i'm really looking forward to ride again... i'll be getting my frame by next month..then there's no stopping me... i won't spend so much though as i did before, but i will definitely building my ride again... it's a good exercise too.. :rolleyes:

Ride On, General!

Sabi nga nila, it doesnt matter what bike you have, FS, hardtail, rigid, whether it sports the latest XTR shimano component group, or it is some ordinary shifter/derailleur from taiwan, as long as you have the love for the sport, your bike will be the best bike bike in the world. Because you are the only one riding it!

#49 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1541 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:23 AM

guys,
anyone of you selling a used FS bike? preferably sana Deore or above ang component group.

#50 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:19 AM

Fish,

are you from pinoy mt bikers? Para kasing regular fare yan ng mga tropa dun eh. Especially yung idea of doing the sagada trip. Just curious man. member din kase ako dun and manage to join the rides from time to time. B)

Hi I'm very sorry for the late reply, have been very busy. I'm actually from MTBAddicts. You?

#51 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:22 AM

Fish,

Saan may trail sa santa rosa? I used to bike regularly sa maarat, I lived in San Mateo before. Our house is 7km away from Gate 1 of Filinvest on the way to maarat.
Miss ko na trail riding :(

mahabangpasensya,

dami trails dito sa santa rosa pero di kasing dami ng trails dyan sa inyo. kung sa view lang, syempre mas marami dyan. dito para short maarat, konting steep uphill, konting single track, konting technical track and the like. i know the feeling of missing trail riding. 1 weekend lang ako di magbike bugnot na ko eh.

#52 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:24 AM

guys,
anyone of you selling a used FS bike? preferably sana Deore or above ang component group.

mahabangpasensya,

magkano budget? we may be able to find some things for you.

#53 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:31 AM

i used to be a mountain bike enthusiast... can't forget my race sponsored by Rudy Project several years ago..from Morong to Quezon... me and my group also loved to ride to places like tagaytay, laguna, san mateo, montalban, daranak... oh darn, the dreaded daranak falls... june 12 1996, i was riding my original GT/Mavic/XT Gruppo combination goin' down from daranak... it was dusk... about 30kmh descent i crashed in a ravine... i regained consciousness at the UST hospital... had 2 days total amnesia... 5 months physical therapy... i never rode a bike since... but i'm contemplating on putting my feet on a clipless Shimano pedal once again... i will ride a bike again... it's just a matter of time... :rolleyes:

General,

that was some serious crash you had. i know we all had our share of crashes (implied risk of biking) but that would beat any i've seen. glad to know you are ok. my crashes really taught me to be more careful, one really scared the sh*t out of me that sometimes it scares me to be more aggressive. especially when doing downhills. i nearly fell off a cliff yesterday in mt samat. i just hope that you will be able to ride on your bike again and pedal soon. just in case you need to join a ride, just let me know. ride high and safe. cheers.

#54 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

Fish,

stormloader,

I'm actually from MTBAddicts. Most of us are from the south, Alabang, Las Pinas, Paranaque area. We had numerous rides with pinoymtbikers and was actually with them yesterday doing the twin rivers trail in Mt Samat. We are organizing a separate Sagada ride with the pinoymtbikers but also have a high probability of joining their ride too. I recently had a chat with one of their administrators and tey said they plan to do it the first week of november. We plan to do another ride in December, and there might be another one somewhere in between, organized by the sabak (the bike shop in santa rosa) boys. Do you plan to join the sagada ride?

to all those interested,

my invitation for a weekend mountain bike trail ride still stands. ride high and safe. cheers.

#55 MTBCommuter

MTBCommuter

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1541 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:49 AM

mahabangpasensya,

magkano budget? we may be able to find some things for you.

ayos pre, thanks
a decent frame brand lang ang kailangan ko
magkano ba usual price

#56 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:20 AM

stormloader,

that would still depend eh, what's your ride? xc, all-mountain or downhill? you can get a full suspension xc frame for as low as 11,000 brand new, that is the diamond back/schwinn 3.5 inch travel frame. a friend used to sell his frame of the same kind for 7,000. kaya lang, hinde na original yung paint job pero hinde na nya ginamit after stripping the original paint. he had it powder coated. 2nd hand giant and jamis xc frames starts at 20k.

ano ba height mo so that we know kung anong size ang kelangan mo? also, pm me you contact number so that i know how to get in touch with you when something somes up. ano ba gamit mo ngayon? where do you usually ride?

#57 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

stormloader,

that would still depend eh, what's your ride? xc, all-mountain or downhill? you can get a full suspension xc frame for as low as 11,000 brand new, that is the diamond back/schwinn 3.5 inch travel frame. a friend used to sell his frame of the same kind for 7,000. kaya lang, hinde na original yung paint job pero hinde na nya ginamit after stripping the original paint. he had it powder coated. 2nd hand giant and jamis xc frames starts at 20k.

ano ba height mo so that we know kung anong size ang kelangan mo? also, pm me you contact number so that i know how to get in touch with you when something somes up. ano ba gamit mo ngayon? where do you usually ride?

I'm sorry, this was addressed to mahabangpasensya and not stormloader. thanks.

#58 stormloader

stormloader

The outsider

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:40 PM

stormloader,

I'm actually from MTBAddicts.  Most of us are from the south, Alabang, Las Pinas, Paranaque area.  We had numerous rides with pinoymtbikers and was actually with them yesterday doing the twin rivers trail in Mt Samat.  We are organizing a separate Sagada ride with the pinoymtbikers but also have a high probability of joining their ride too.  I recently had a chat with one of their administrators and tey said they plan to do it the first week of november.  We plan to do another ride in December, and there might be another one somewhere in between, organized by the sabak (the bike shop in santa rosa) boys.  Do you plan to join the sagada ride?

to all those interested,

my invitation for a weekend mountain bike trail ride still stands.  ride high and safe.  cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fish,

Ah so you were with Jojo (oilman handle nya sa pinoymtb) sa twinrivers sa bataan. yeah am aware that there's a number of MTB ADDICTS guys who joined that ride. saw the pics. mukhang enjoy ang ride nyo dun. Sino ka ba dun hehe? what's your bike handle (real name?) Ako eto rin handle ko sa bike forum eh. Si Tong (hingal aso sa pmtb) minsan nakakasabay namin sa ilang rides.

Been to bataan before din and we're planning to do the trail networks dun on the 23rd of October. parang part 2 ng anniv ride ng pinoymtbikers. Re:SAGADA you must be referring to our global moderator, Gulliver. I myself am one of the moderators of that board. Yeah napag-usapan na yung epic ride na yon.

Hope to see you on the trails sometime soon man. RIDE ON!!!

#59 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

Hey Stormloader,

It is a possibility that we have ridden together. Tong is a good buddy of mine and a fellow administrator/moderator of MTBAddicts along with Bud and Arnold. I'm Dennis, the guy with the white Giant NRS frame and a Black fork. My handle in pinoymtbiker is iceman and my handle in MTBAddict is my name. Gulliver and I initially discussed the SAGADA trip when we did Santa Rosa months back. However, our schedules as of the moment cannot match so I guess we would have to do a separate ride. Some of us might be able to join you guys in your trip, and some of you guys might be able to join us. As you know, Tong is leaving for Spain and we are really organizing as many rides with him as we can. Are you still pushing through with the 1st week of November schedule? Talked to mcvarki weeks ago and he told me that they recently did the SAGADA route.

And yes, we were with Jojo, our always gracious host from Bataan. Drop me a text message if you will be riding. I will send you my number via PM so you can get in touch with me. By the way, who are you among the pinoymtbikers? I will check on the thread. Hope to ride with you soon. Ride high and safe.

Fish

Fish,

Ah so you were with Jojo (oilman handle nya sa pinoymtb)  sa twinrivers sa bataan. yeah am aware that there's a number of MTB ADDICTS guys who joined that ride. saw the pics. mukhang enjoy ang ride nyo dun. Sino ka ba dun hehe? what's your bike handle (real name?) Ako eto rin handle ko sa bike forum eh. Si Tong (hingal aso sa pmtb) minsan nakakasabay namin sa ilang rides. 

Been to bataan before din and we're planning to do the trail networks dun on the 23rd of October. parang part 2 ng anniv ride ng pinoymtbikers.  Re:SAGADA you must be referring to our global moderator, Gulliver. I myself am one of the moderators of that board. Yeah napag-usapan na yung epic ride na yon.

Hope to see you on the trails sometime soon man. RIDE ON!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#60 fish

fish

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:13 PM

to anyone,

pardon my ignorance, why do i have this warn (0%) on my details on the left? thanks.

Edited by fish, 04 October 2004 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users