Utang

lomex32

It is one of my principle in life to never borrow money from other ppl, pero credit card ok lang :)

I admire your principle Aldrich.

but years ago, I stopped borrowing from credit card companies. I realized that they could charge exhorbitantly especially during times that I am not able to meet deadlines. Hence, I began by modifying my lifestyle to make it a lot simple and devoid of most "luho" and I earnestly paid each of my 7 credit cards.

during crunch times, i usually borrow from my mother and pay it on or before the date we agreed I will return the money.

at one occassion, i borrowed from our executive secretary and my own boss, the CEO, when my daughter had to undergo operation. i am still paying for the money i owe our good secretary.....as to my CEO....he said i pay it when i can.

-------------

as to who i lend to......

i also lend to my mom in the same princple she lends to me.

officemates

even cleaners (usually i don't require them to pay it back)

neighbor......especially when her children are sick.....i just can't stand it knowing that the child is sick and can't have any medicines

-------------

i give to:

-this one girl selling rags at the corner of quirino ave and sshway; without getting any of her rags. :hypocritesmiley:

Lifestyle indeed must be proportional to earnings.

yeah me too, as much as possible i dont want to borrow money from other people. its a good practice and para madisiplina ko din sarile ko when it comes to spending hard erned cash. After ko mabayaran utang ko sa Credit card pina-cut ko na agad he he ..

A good one .....

When people borrow money, it connotes something is not right and requires real life adjustments.

It is one of my principle in life to never borrow money from other ppl, pero credit card ok lang :)

As much as possible I would not want to borrow some money. I like living within my means and I want to keep it that way.

I am using my credit cards. It is, in a way, a form of borrowing. I only have 2 credit cards. 1 as my main credit card and the other for back-up. Just in case i need to spend more than my credit limit :D. I may say that I am a responsible credit card holder as I pay the balance in full on my due date.

I admire your principle Aldrich.

but years ago, I stopped borrowing from credit card companies. I realized that they could charge exhorbitantly especially during times that I am not able to meet deadlines. Hence, I began by modifying my lifestyle to make it a lot simple and devoid of most "luho" and I earnestly paid each of my 7 credit cards.

during crunch times, i usually borrow from my mother and pay it on or before the date we agreed I will return the money.

at one occassion, i borrowed from our executive secretary and my own boss, the CEO, when my daughter had to undergo operation. i am still paying for the money i owe our good secretary.....as to my CEO....he said i pay it when i can.

-------------

as to who i lend to......

i also lend to my mom in the same princple she lends to me.

officemates

even cleaners (usually i don't require them to pay it back)

neighbor......especially when her children are sick.....i just can't stand it knowing that the child is sick and can't have any medicines

-------------

i give to:

-this one girl selling rags at the corner of quirino ave and sshway; without getting any of her rags. :hypocritesmiley:

tenks dud, talking about credit cards.... b4 collections dept ako sa hsbc and ol i can say eh pamatay talaga mga interest ng bangko, isa to sa primary eaner sa dept ng bank eh, mas malaki pa ang interest na nakukuha nila dito compared sa loans

Edited by Aldrich_Baccarat
Well, this is one indication of success, especially here in the Philippines.

Kapag mahirap ka, ikaw ang nangungutang.

Kapag asenso ka na, ikaw na ang inuutangan.

(And I don't mean the loans made by businessmen to expand their business).

It's also a good measure of success.....yung mga nangungutang, I mean....

If people or institutions lend you money.....that means you have a good credit history.....

Life indeed may be tough and sometimes we can be bountiful....

On such times....

Kanino ka umuutang?

1. Credit Cards

2. Bank

3. Parents

4. Siblings

Kanino ka rin nagpapautang?

1. Siblings

2. Officemates

i borrow from my parents. :blush:

pag wala na... i borrow from "lending institutions" (3% p.a.) payable with post dated cheques.

Siblings.... pag pang -gas or pampa-carwash... pag walang mabunot sa bulsa.

Sa cooperative namin... 100K. :blush:

So far, as long as you keep your debt profile good and liquid.... walang problema jan. But as soon as you start missing payment dates. ibang usapan na yan. u need to prioritize and re-assess your finances.

usually, nagpapautang ako sa janitors namin. other than them, wala na. Hindi ako nagpapautang sa alam ko na hindi nagbabayad, kahit na kamag-anak namin. Ayoko na pagsisimulan iyon ng hindi magandang pakikitungo namin sa isat isa. Hayaan ko sya na maasar or magalit dahil hindi ko sya pinautang. At least, hindi ako ang maasar dahil hindi ako makasingil sa kanya. :mtc:

Thats good.

Debt profile is a factor when someone looks at your credit standing.

Banks have ways on looking at your debt profile.

They look at for any legal cases that resulted from your bad loans.

Missing payments like it or not, reflects our character ...

Kasi kung pinautang ka sa oras na kinailangan mo, bakit di ka naman magbabayad sa oras na takda ...

i borrow from my parents. :blush:

pag wala na... i borrow from "lending institutions" (3% p.a.) payable with post dated cheques.

Siblings.... pag pang -gas or pampa-carwash... pag walang mabunot sa bulsa.

Sa cooperative namin... 100K. :blush:

So far, as long as you keep your debt profile good and liquid.... walang problema jan. But as soon as you start missing payment dates. ibang usapan na yan. u need to prioritize and re-assess your finances.

usually, nagpapautang ako sa janitors namin. other than them, wala na. Hindi ako nagpapautang sa alam ko na hindi nagbabayad, kahit na kamag-anak namin. Ayoko na pagsisimulan iyon ng hindi magandang pakikitungo namin sa isat isa. Hayaan ko sya na maasar or magalit dahil hindi ko sya pinautang. At least, hindi ako ang maasar dahil hindi ako makasingil sa kanya. :mtc:

Thats good.

Debt profile is a factor when someone looks at your credit standing.

Banks have ways on looking at your debt profile.

They look at for any legal cases that resulted from your bad loans.

Missing payments like it or not, reflects our character ...

Kasi kung pinautang ka sa oras na kinailangan mo, bakit di ka naman magbabayad sa oras na takda ...

What's insane is how the banks "fix" their loans. I've a friend who borrowed 60M from a bank, as collateral, she put up her property worth (at that time) 65M (bank assessed "loanable" value). Over the course of 12 years, she paid some 140M, but due to complex restructuring by the bank, she ended up losing the property as well. :thumbsdownsmiley:

What's insane is how the banks "fix" their loans. I've a friend who borrowed 60M from a bank, as collateral, she put up her property worth (at that time) 65M (bank assessed "loanable" value). Over the course of 12 years, she paid some 140M, but due to complex restructuring by the bank, she ended up losing the property as well. :thumbsdownsmiley:

banks hehehe, you think they are there to help you?? hell no at the end of the day pera pera lang rin yan, they serve the interest of the stockholders

BANKS will offer you all types of umbrellas on a sunny day BUT

BANKS will not give you one on a rainy day

banks hehehe, you think they are there to help you?? hell no at the end of the day pera pera lang rin yan, they serve the interest of the stockholders

Congratulations Lomex, on having your thread returned to its original location.....

Aldrich, speaking of credit card collections, I've had the baddest experience with Citibank before.

A collector called me up in the office, spoke to my officemate, revealed all the details of my past transaction history, including places, names of establishments and even charges that I made.....all intended to put me in a compromising and bad light in the eyes of my officemate.

Then, on another occassion, he brazenly introduced himself to me as an attorney and berated me for missing my due date (by just one day!).

Years later, when I worked in a CC, I became friends with some who used to work for Citibank collections.......and all of them said that was the style to intimidate clients and produce collections.......but they too got sick of it...... :sick:

That is why it pays to pay your loans on time......

Better yet.....a slogan during my younger years: "Mag Impok Sa Banko"

or as another said: "Live within your means"

Hehehe

This issue about Intimidate to Collect was raised on the House of Representatives

... where in banks have no right to do so ....

Ung service charge sa Inter-Bank ATM transactions via BancNet, Megalink, PesoNet pwede pa

Pero in simple terms

Kung ikaw nga naman may utang hindi ba dapat lang na iyong bayaran ...... bow :hypocritesmiley:

Congratulations Lomex, on having your thread returned to its original location.....

Aldrich, speaking of credit card collections, I've had the baddest experience with Citibank before.

A collector called me up in the office, spoke to my officemate, revealed all the details of my past transaction history, including places, names of establishments and even charges that I made.....all intended to put me in a compromising and bad light in the eyes of my officemate.

Then, on another occassion, he brazenly introduced himself to me as an attorney and berated me for missing my due date (by just one day!).

Years later, when I worked in a CC, I became friends with some who used to work for Citibank collections.......and all of them said that was the style to intimidate clients and produce collections.......but they too got sick of it...... :sick:

That is why it pays to pay your loans on time......

Better yet.....a slogan during my younger years: "Mag Impok Sa Banko"

or as another said: "Live within your means"