Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

hi guys, im having a problem with my pc right now. it keeps restarting while im using it. i dont know what makes it "restart" exactly but when it does, it keeps restarting until i cut off the power (and wait for a couple of minutes before turning the pc on again)

pressing the external reset button on my pc doesnt make the "restart loop" stop even if it shuts down the computer completely. is this a software problem or a virus? or is it possible that somethings wrong with my hardware? i can still use my pc normally naman.

one more thing, im not sure if the restart loop only happens whenever i run full screen programs like games. the kind that would make your monitor flicker as if you turned the monitor off then turned it back on again. i dunno... im really confused. should i reformat my pc? or maybe i just need to adjust some internal setting? (like maybe auto restart when the pc reaches a certain temp? altho thats pretty far fetched already hehe)

hope someone can help! thanks!  :mtc:

Try to reinstall your pc drivers and run chkdsk /f (for crosslinked) or

TRy to remove other pci device i.e lan card modem card tuner etc. observed while removing it one by one or

Sometimes this happen when you let dust enter your cpu fan until it is totally crowded ....temperature rises fast sometimes cleaning it will help but sometimes its too late and your mobo can no longer accept your cpu speed i.e P4 2.4 GHz try reducing it or replaced your mobo :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus
it wont affect your d: drive

you can even have c: drive as fat32 and d: drive as ntfs

no, you can't have your C:\ in fat32 and D:\ in ntfs format.

A blue screen with a long message will appear. hindi kasi compatible na magkaibang format ng mga LOGICAL drives mo when in fact iisa lang ang PHYSICAL drive mo.

pwede ba laptop probs dito?

my laptop had stopped running.

ive tried using the OS repair CD and the recovery Cd too,

ala na di rin mabasa.

di na rin siya mag start after i made an initial

safe mode booting.

HP pavilion yung laptop..

salamat mga peeps...

This is a common problem for CRT monitors after a long period of using it or have reached a certain burn time, the weldt connections on the pcb behind the tube gets loose due to heat generated from the tube when its on for a long time. sometimes, you lose the color red, yellow or blue, but if you use another monitor, the colors are fine.

if you can open the rear part of your monitor, you should find a pcb just behind the end of the tube. There are connections there that would need to soldered so you'll get the color of your monitor back.

sure na may prob ang monitor mo check mo ang video cable baka me lost connection pag wala sigurado sa loob na ng monitor yong pvc board na nakakabit sa picture tube me lost connection doon kailangan lang ng hinang para ma i fix mo connection kung d mo ito kaya kailangan mo na ng mag momonitor o repairman  :P

my laptop had stopped running.

what do you mean by stopped running? OS prob ba or does turn on na talaga?

madaming cause yan, pwedeng virus or worm

or heat issues

Can any techies here advise me what to do with the Trojan Zlob? Can't remove it with my Trend Micro PCcillin and the Mcafee. It can be quarantined but keeps appearing when I do a scan.

Please advice

mag OS reinstall kana para sure.

hi all,

may possibility ba na ma erase ang network component (NetBEUI,IPX/SPX,TCP/IP) without human intervention?

please help.

TY

Yes...theoretically, a virus or any software can modify your network stack although I have never heard of a virus that does this. It is more likely that someone deleted it either accidentally or intentionally... :headsetsmiley:

help naman po..give up nko sa issue ng laptop ko..di na kaya ng powers ko...well here's the situation:

- my laptop has a toshiba dvd combo drive

- one day, it quit being detected by windows, although its still getting detcted by BIOS, which means that there's no need to do a tear down of the laptop,

- i already deleted the upper and lower filters in the registry

- i checked device manager and i have a bang on the toshiba dvd drive. it has an (!) mark meaning the driver is not installed,so i removed the ide channel(all of em), rebooted the system, on reboot, it detected a new hardware, but still it cant find a suitable driver..

- optical drives should automatically be detected by the OS right?so whats happening with my laptop?do you think i need an OS reinstall(format)?

help naman po..give up nko sa issue ng laptop ko..di na kaya ng powers ko...well here's the situation:

- one day, it quit being detected by windows, although its still getting detcted by BIOS, which means that there's no need to do a tear down of the laptop,

- i checked device manager and i have a bang on the toshiba dvd drive. it has an (!) mark meaning the driver is not installed,so i removed the ide channel(all of em), rebooted the system, on reboot, it detected a new hardware, but still it cant find a suitable driver..

- optical drives should automatically be detected by the OS right?so whats happening with my laptop?do you think i need an OS reinstall(format)?

check ka kung me firmware. o kaya try mong delete ung optical drive sa dev man para ma auto install ng os mo.

hope this helps.

hi all,

may possibility ba na ma erase ang network component (NetBEUI,IPX/SPX,TCP/IP) without human intervention?

please help.

TY

pwede po sir. khet na nde ako expert sa networking. anong os po? SP2 ba? try mo pong mag reset ng winsock settings.

kung XP ka na may SP2:

type mo to sa cmd prompt "netsh winsock reset catalog" without the quotes.

hope this helps.

check ka kung me firmware. o kaya try mong delete ung optical drive sa dev man para ma auto install ng os mo.

hope this helps.

i already tried removing the drive from the device manager, and rebooted the system, its getting the detected, as well as the model and brand name of the drive, but the wizard cant find any suitable/compatible driver. i also try to browsed it manually in the i386 folder in windows, but still not there.

but i will try looking for a firmware for the drive, since i havent tried it yet

anybody else has an idea on what to do? cuz i dont want to do an OS reinstall cuz i dont want to lost my files... :(

btw,thanks _Pabling for the quick response...

This usually means a corruption within Window's HAL which is preventing it from recognizing the device properly. I usually just format the system or do a repair since it's quite troublesome to pinpoint. :headsetsmiley:

May question ako bakit yon computer ko ng ha hang madalas pag bago bukas and misan naman ng rerestart magisa? pinalitan ko na yon memory ddr pati yon hard disk ang hindi ko na lang napapalitan ay yon video card, motherboard and processor? pls help me naman. what seem to to be the problem? AMD Athlon 1.1GH itong computer ko.

May question ako bakit yon computer ko ng ha hang madalas pag bago bukas and misan naman ng rerestart magisa? pinalitan ko na yon memory ddr pati yon hard disk ang hindi ko na lang napapalitan ay yon video card, motherboard and processor? pls help me naman. what seem to to be the problem? AMD Athlon 1.1GH itong computer ko.

Please disable the automatic restart upon system failure option so you can see more details regarding why it automatically restarts. You can find it by right-clicking on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> Automatically Restart. Report back here once you have more details. :headsetsmiley:

Please disable the automatic restart upon system failure option so you can see more details regarding why it automatically restarts. You can find it by right-clicking on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> Automatically Restart. Report back here once you have more details. :headsetsmiley:

thank you pare. na disable ko na yon automatically restart. pero try ko pa kung mag hahang pa sya pag bukas ko uli. :mtc: