War On Drugs EJK Du30

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#1 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Jedi Haijin

• 3812 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

There they go again with such 'unarmed-framed' killing. And now the government says it's just an 'isolated' case.  :rolleyes:

Any takers?

Police killed at least 94 in anti-drug operations this week [Erik De Castro/Reuters]

Philippine police are under pressure to explain the killing of a 17-year-old high school student, who has become the latest victim of President Rodrigo Duterte's ruthless war on drugs. 

Kian Loyd Delos Santos died on Thursday night in the capital Manila amid allegations that he was framed by three police officers, who witnesses said forced the teenager to hold a gun, fire and run.

CCTV footage from the Manila suburb of Caloocan showed Delos Santos being carried by two men to a place where his body was later found, raising doubt about an official report that said he was shot because he fired at police officers first.

According to the police report, Delos Santos ran when he saw the officers approaching him. He then pulled out a gun and opened fire at the policemen, who shot back.

Witnesses told local media that the teenager was unarmed. 

'Bloody week'

Police killed at least 27 people in Manila on the third night of a new push in Duterte's war on drugs and crime, taking the toll for one of the bloodiest weeks so far to 94, according to officials.

Philippine police 'dumping bodies' of drug war victims

Earlier in the week, 67 people were shot and nearly 250 arrested in Manila and provinces adjoining the Philippines capital, in what police described as a "One-Time, Big-Time" push to curb drugs and street crime.

President Duterte hailed the recent killing of 32 drug suspects in a 24-hour police crackdown, the highest death toll in a single day in his administration's anti-drug war. 

"That's beautiful. If we can only k*ll 32 every day, then maybe we can reduce what ails this country," Duterte said on Wednesday. 

According to police statistics, more than 3,000 suspects have been killed in anti-drug operations since Duterte became president on June 30, 2016. More here.

Related link:

17-year-old student gunned down by cops in anti-drug operations

Related threads:

War On Drugs

War On Drugs Vs Police Corruption

Extrajudicial Killings

Edited by FleurDeLune, 19 August 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#2 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Jedi Haijin

• 3812 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

(My apologies, it's supposed to be the video but since I can't post it here, I just converted it to some selected images)

J4UXtoO.gif

dEko7p0.gif

8BIkefL.gif

P45zdYT.gif

#3 mitochondrion

mitochondrion

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

i spent a quarter of my life growing up in davao city and  the deaths  of  suspected drug pushers and  drug users   is really not surprising to me.    i was there during the start-up days of  the feared davao death squad and the emerging patterns of the killings here in  manila are the same except that i feel  that the original dds were more brazen since they were operating w/o any fear of reprisals  in the baluarte of  president duterte.    

naturally the dds became an essential tool to solidify his political career by intimidating those opposed to his leadership.  one-by-one his opponents like his former ally ex-mayor benjamin de guzman  and cong prospero nograles fell in line.  they either became quiet or just plain joined his rising bandwagon

the next step i see  the president will be doing is to wrest control of the  tri media. he  already got hold of the phil daily inquirer and rumor has it he will not renew the soon to expire franchise of abs-cbn rendering them w/o any option but to cease operations.  these probable  developments naturally have  chilling effects on his critics on tv,  on the  radio, and on broadsheets.   that's the successful  but bloody  modus operandi he had in davao city to quell public rumblings  and that's the blue print he'll be following here in manila. 

what he hasn't done in davao city was to quiet down the internet.   now that he's in power and has the means to almost do anything as he wishes,   i'm pretty sure when push comes to shove,  you'll see  the internet being censored 

#4 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3211 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

I am not condoning what the policemen allegedly did to the 17-year old kid but, to be fair to both parties, an investigation should be conducted and if it is proven that the policemen summarily killed the kid, the policemen should be punished but if the kid will be proven to be an armed drug courier who fought back, then the police had every reason to shoot him. 

Edited by james cutter, 19 August 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#5 Major Cage

Major Cage

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

the kid was INNOCENT

his killing was a BIG mistake

#6 filibustero

filibustero

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1187 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

Isolated case na may eyewitnesses and cctv footage.

The police report says "Delos Santos ran when he saw the officers approaching him. He then pulled out a gun and opened fire at the policemen, who shot back." Sa CCTV footage kinakaladkad na yung bata nung mga pulis. Kontra na kagad ito sa police report na tumakbo na at nagpaputok yung bata nung nakita pa lang mga pulis. Tapos mga batang babae pa yung mga eyewitness na nagsabi na yung mga pulis ang nag-utos dun kay Delos Santos na tumakbo pagkatapos sabihan na paputukin muna yung .45. Yan di hearsay yan. Actual eyewitness account yan. Sana lang talaga ma-dismiss from service itong mga pulis na sangkot dito.

#7 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3211 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

Isolated case na may eyewitnesses and cctv footage.

The police report says "Delos Santos ran when he saw the officers approaching him. He then pulled out a gun and opened fire at the policemen, who shot back." Sa CCTV footage kinakaladkad na yung bata nung mga pulis. Kontra na kagad ito sa police report na tumakbo na at nagpaputok yung bata nung nakita pa lang mga pulis. Tapos mga batang babae pa yung mga eyewitness na nagsabi na yung mga pulis ang nag-utos dun kay Delos Santos na tumakbo pagkatapos sabihan na paputukin muna yung .45. Yan di hearsay yan. Actual eyewitness account yan. Sana lang talaga ma-dismiss from service itong mga pulis na sangkot dito.

Is it beyond reasonable doubt that it was Delos Santos who was being dragged? 

#8 Dash_Avalanche

Dash_Avalanche

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

the kid was INNOCENT

his killing was a BIG mistake

I dont think that kid is innocent, I know a minor who's in to drugs and I hope the police will take him... if he get killed it is his fault, he's been warned.. I know police just dont k*ll people.. they have oath and they know killing an innocent wont get them any where good.

#9 filibustero

filibustero

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1187 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

"beyond reasonable doubt" is the standard of proof for a conviction in a criminal case, not for pieces of evidence like a CCTV footage. And did i mention a criminal case sa post ko? Criminal case ba dismissal from service? Hindi po. Administrative case lang po yan, which has a lower standard of proof - substantial evidence. Ang CCTV footage ay corroborating evidence lang nung eyewitness accounts. Yan hindi na hearsay yan ha. And isa sa mga eyewitness ay 13 yrs old na batang babae.

Baka iniisip kasi ng mga ka-DDS na pagtira kay Tatay Digong at sa drug war nya ang tawag na parusahan ang mga ganyang pulis. Hindi po. Kahit hindi drug-related yan eh dapat hindi pinapalagpas ang ganyang gawain ng pulis. Sinabi ko na ito sa ibang thread, kung naranasan nyo na na harangin ng mga pulis sa gabi kahit wala kang ginagawang masama, maiintindihan nyo din siguro sentimyento ko sa ganitong issue. Mabuti kung puro adik at pusher lang talaga magiging biktima, pero pag pinabayaan lang ng ganyan yan eh lalakas lang din loob ng mga pulis na gawin yan sa kahit sino na lang. Hindi lahat ng pulis **** tulad ng mga yan, pero pag hinayaan na makalusot ang mga ganyan gawain eh hindi malayo na lalo pa sila dumami.

#10 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3211 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

"beyond reasonable doubt" is the standard of proof for a conviction in a criminal case, not for pieces of evidence like a CCTV footage. And did i mention a criminal case sa post ko? Criminal case ba dismissal from service? Hindi po. Administrative case lang po yan, which has a lower standard of proof - substantial evidence. Ang CCTV footage ay corroborating evidence lang nung eyewitness accounts. Yan hindi na hearsay yan ha. And isa sa mga eyewitness ay 13 yrs old na batang babae.

Ok, I won't use the terms "beyond reasonable doubt" if you so wish. How sure are you it is him? His face wasn't even shown on the CCTV footage. If there is a witness to corroborate the CCTV, which, by the way, didn't even show his face, there was also a man brought out by the police saying that the kid is a drug courier. 

Edited by james cutter, 20 August 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#11 filibustero

filibustero

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1187 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Ok, I won't use the terms "beyond reasonable doubt" if you so wish. How sure are you it is him? His face wasn't even shown on the CCTV footage. If there is a witness to corroborate the CCTV, which, by the way, didn't even show his face, there was also a man brought out by the police saying that the kid is a drug courier. 

Yes, don't use terms you don't fully understand. Maling-mali yung gamit eh.

And masyado ka naman naka-focus sa CCTV. Object evidence yan that corroborates the testimonial evidence of multiple eyewitnesses. Eyewitness testimony can stand alone as evidence. In criminal cases, eyewitness accounts can even be sufficient to convict an accused. In short, bonus na lang yang may CCTV.

Para lang klaro, wala ko sinabi na hindi drug courier yung Delos Santos. Ironically, to say na drug criminal ang isang tao requires proof beyond reasonable doubt in a criminal case filed in court. Anyway, ang issue ko naman sa nangyari eh yung ginawa ng mga pulis at kung paano nila ginawa ito. Hindi material kung courier ba o hinde yung Delos Santos. Mali ang ganun gawain kahit kanino mo pa gawin. At mas lalong mali at nakakabahala yung papalusutin yung mga ganyang pulis nang may ganyang ebidensya na laban sa kanila.

Para madali, isipin mo na lang na para sa akin, equivalent na ng 20,000 pages ng indices of evidence ni BBM ang mga ebidensya na lumabas laban sa mga pulis. Kaya kahit wala pang hatol ng korte o kahit anong adjudicative body eh may judgment na din ako kung may hocus pocus nga ba na nangyari.

#12 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3211 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Yes, don't use terms you don't fully understand. Maling-mali yung gamit eh.

I was using the terms loosely.  I could also have said you misunderstood what I said because I was using the terms loosely. Hindi ko lang nalagyan ng quotation marks. Ang punto ko lang eh dapat sigurado ka na si Delos Santos ang nasa CCTV at hindi dahil sinabi lang ng media. 

And masyado ka naman naka-focus sa CCTV. Object evidence yan that corroborates the testimonial evidence of multiple eyewitnesses. Eyewitness testimony can stand alone as evidence. In criminal cases, eyewitness accounts can even be sufficient to convict an accused. In short, bonus na lang yang may CCTV.

You brought up the CCTV that is why I commented on it and asked you a question. You are not even sure if it is Delos Santos on the CCTV. 

Edited by james cutter, 20 August 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#13 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3211 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Para lang klaro, wala ko sinabi na hindi drug courier yung Delos Santos. Ironically, to say na drug criminal ang isang tao requires proof beyond reasonable doubt in a criminal case filed in court. Anyway, ang issue ko naman sa nangyari eh yung ginawa ng mga pulis at kung paano nila ginawa ito. Hindi material kung courier ba o hinde yung Delos Santos. Mali ang ganun gawain kahit kanino mo pa gawin. At mas lalong mali at nakakabahala yung papalusutin yung mga ganyang pulis nang may ganyang ebidensya na laban sa kanila.

You said there was a corroborating account to back up the CCTV footage which didn't exactly prove "beyond reasonable doubt" that it was Delos Santos being shown being dragged. It is material if he is a courier because it would be the main reason to catch him and if he shoots back, shoot back at him. Ikaw na mismo nagsabi na kontra sa police report and pagkaladkad kay Delos Santos. How could that be contrary when you can't even establish that the person being dragged was indisputably Delos Santos? Ano yung mali si ginawa nila? Nagiimbestiga pa lang, mali na? 

Para madali, isipin mo na lang na para sa akin, equivalent na ng 20,000 pages ng indices of evidence ni BBM ang mga ebidensya na lumabas laban sa mga pulis. Kaya kahit wala pang hatol ng korte o kahit anong adjudicative body eh may judgment na din ako kung may hocus pocus nga ba na nangyari.

Kaso ang kay BBM documented. Itong kaso na ito, sketchy pa. Puro speculation pa lang. 

Edited by james cutter, 20 August 2017 - 05:54 PM.

#14 bballplayer-RETIRED

bballplayer-RETIRED

Looker

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

It's too depressing nga eh

#15 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22051 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

I dont think that kid is innocent, I know a minor who's in to drugs and I hope the police will take him... if he get killed it is his fault, he's been warned.. I know police just dont k*ll people.. they have oath and they know killing an innocent wont get them any where good.

really? assume natin na drug runner sya.... what right does the cops have to k*ll him? 

hindi ba krimen ang pumatay? kahit kriminal pa sya...

so assuming for the sake of argument na guilty yung bata.... tama bang patayin sya?

i love the use of the words.... 

let me use the same to you... is there any proof beyond reasonable doubt that Kian is guilty of whatever crime they say he committed? 

It's too depressing nga eh

have you noticed that after the outrage in the killing of kian, biglang nag raid sa makati then pasig at "wala daw nanlaban" kaya wala namatay? 

coincidental??? 

• JCR587 likes this

#16 JCR587

JCR587

Mahilig

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Hindi ako makadilaw at hindi rin maka-duterte.   I support the fight against drug of the current administration but not to the extent of killing people relentlessly.  It seems the PNP are becoming abusive of their powers.  They are killing many poor people with  only few druglords dead. There are also identified druglords close to the administration and nothing has been killed or put to jail.  We don't even know if the dead druglords are competitors to them or have secrets to reveal.

#17 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3211 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

i love the use of the words.... 

let me use the same to you... is there any proof beyond reasonable doubt that Kian is guilty of whatever crime they say he committed? 

Did I say or imply that the kid is guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the crime they say he committed? Backread what I asked. 

Edited by james cutter, 21 August 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#18 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22051 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

Did I say or imply that the kid is guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the crime they say he committed? Backread what I asked. 

what are you talking about? i never said that you said or implied about the kid being guilty.....

THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING YOU IF YOU HAVE PROOF THAT HE IS GUILTY BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT!

It is a question... please read again and you will see that there is a question mark at the end of my post.....

so please answer.... it is that simple. 

#19 james cutter

james cutter

The Main Event

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3211 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

what are you talking about? i never said that you said or implied about the kid being guilty.....

THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING YOU IF YOU HAVE PROOF THAT HE IS GUILTY BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT!

It is a question... please read again and you will see that there is a question mark at the end of my post.....
so please answer.... it is that simple.

Yes, it is a question. However, your question makes it seem as if I have already judged the kid. I said that this case is still sketchy so you can pretty much deduce what my answer to that question is.

Edited by james cutter, 21 August 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#20 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22051 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Yes, it is a question. However, your question makes it seem as if I have already judged the kid. I said that this case is still sketchy so you can pretty much deduce what my answer to that question is.

daming satsat... kung ayaw sagutin eh di wag!  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: War On Drugs, EJK, Du30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users