Raising Children

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Give them a happy childhood so it'll be their source of strength when times get rough as they grow up.

Expose them to the many possibilities in life --- arts, theater, sports, entertainment, food, travel, parties, malling, walks in the park, books, great people, etc. --- and you won't even have to worry that much about the kid's love life, the mate he or she will choose, or being hitched early in life because he/she will be amazed that the world has lots to offer and it would be sad to let it all go too soon by being tied up early in life to a single person. And he/she would be able to choose wisely, including their partners.

Education is the best survival skill you can ever give your child. Given my financial situation then, I promised my child only the following: the best education my money can buy, and a US visa. I kept both my promise. At a very young age, she's one of the top marketing managers of a multinational firm and she earns more money than I do in my regular job today.

Looking at my kid today, all I can say to myself is maybe what I did was right after all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 months later...
Guest Vesper_

There are sleepless night, long days, messy hair and so much more. But the good always outweighs the bad. The precious moments, the I Love You’s, the Thank You’s… those are the moments that you never forget.. :)