Old Metro Manila

• 1 month later...

I remember when my dad used to jog in the Makati Business District in the early 70's and he would bring me along. There were a LOT of butterflies back then. Plus there was AutoMat, SM only sold shoes & bags and only occupied a one-story building, and we used to buy those Kellog's cereal boxes in the building where MECO was located. I also loved looking at the toys at Arcega's.

As far as I can remember, that building was known as the IBM building back then. I also remember riding in those taxis. :)

Plus look at the pictures of the Ortigas complex. As far back as 13 years ago you would still see the same scenes.

In that shot of Highway 54 going to Makati, I remember that Che-Vital sign! The Guadalupe complex was brand-new back then.

Until the mid- or late-80s Delta theater was still in operation.

Ah yes, the Magnolia plant! I looked forward to the times when my parents would bring me there and I would order as much ice cream and ice cream cake as my stomach could take. :D

The plates sporting the years and the municipality (Rizal) seem just about right. Our 1971 Holden had those plates.

Hahaha! The hairstyles! Plus the miniskirts! :lol:

Edited by trebbie
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry, couldnt post the pics...but click the link below and reminisce

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=139720&page=1

your pictures brought me back the good old times and good memories of my childhood that i would not trade with the generations today. I remember just before the Marcoses built the cultural center in Dewey boulevard, my tatay would bring me to manila bay to gather seashells and buy fresh fish from the fisherman that are coming back from their night fishing.

ahhh...Manila from way back :)

remember those days at Luneta....

do you recall the place where they sell hotdogs on a bun with bottled Magnolia dairy products ?

as kids, we always look forward to these treats after taking a short jog around Luneta Park...

ahhh...I wish I could go back and relish those times again :blush:

also, remember the COD Department Store in Cubao?

the Yuletide Show there was one of a kind :cool: