casa nostra is also good. havent been there for a couple of years. anybody recently tried it there?

this remains one of my favorite italian places in manila.

cozy, hole in the wall, four table resto off adriatico.

service is a bit slow because the cook to order.

they have the best puttanesca i have ever tasted.

The best italian place i've been is in La Nouva.  It's in forbes accross san antonio church..besides santis.  Their quattro formaggi & seafood pizza is the best!  As for pasta...crab & clam pasta with olive white wine sauce...delicious!

i have to agree w/ you regarding the seafood pizza.

ive not tried the quattro formaggi though.

they have this pasta with lotsa tomato sauce and capers - almost puttanesca-ish but not quite that i also like.

they have pretty good sandwiches too... :cool:

again, this is a cozy less than ten tables mostly take out place.

also worth mentioning --

mi piace, l'incontro and segafredo -- a bit pricey though.

and for a difrent sorta pasta -- the spaghetti at the makati supermarket (ironically located in alabang) ...talk bout homey! :D

Hi Wyldchick,

Long time no chat! Happy New Year!

I haven't tried Makati Supermarket Spaghetti at ATC for a long long time. But if you ask me about the Spaghetti at Cash and Carry............. Less pasta, and Less taste. In Tagalog, hindi na masarap.

Makati Supermarket in Ayala Center where Peking Garden used to stand transferred to Alabang due to modernization efforts of the current mall. Panahon pa kasi ng Bagets nung tinayo yun eh. :)

Halatang addict ako sa spaghetti ng MS. :blush:

and for a difrent sorta pasta -- the spaghetti at the makati supermarket (ironically located in alabang) ...talk bout homey! :D

Hi Wyldchick,

Long time no chat!  Happy New Year!

I haven't tried Makati Supermarket Spaghetti at ATC for a long long time.  But if you ask me about the Spaghetti at Cash and Carry.............  Less pasta, and Less taste.  In Tagalog, hindi na masarap.

Makati Supermarket in Ayala Center where Peking Garden used to stand transferred to Alabang due to modernization efforts of the current mall.  Panahon pa kasi ng Bagets nung tinayo yun eh.  :)

Halatang addict ako sa spaghetti ng MS.  :blush:

hey snowflake! how you doin! happy new year to you too!

hmm i had some of the MS @ ATC Spag last year.. it was okay... the one in Cash and Carry was really blah, i gotta agree...

I remember that supermarket... we used to go there every sunday... and there was this counter type thingy where we would have our spaghetti...their toasted bread and hamburger steak was pretty good too.

they opened a small outlet at around the same area (in the general area of venezia and mocha blends...) but there was an accident and they had to close it again. they also had a really small stall in the LRT station near DLSU... I remember buying spag to go after my saturday classes... :D

Halata bang addict din ako sa spag ng MS? :blush:

I haven't tried Makati Supermarket Spaghetti at ATC for a long long time.  But if you ask me about the Spaghetti at Cash and Carry.............  Less pasta, and Less taste.  In Tagalog, hindi na masarap.

Makati Supermarket in Ayala Center where Peking Garden used to stand transferred to Alabang due to modernization efforts of the current mall.  Panahon pa kasi ng Bagets nung tinayo yun eh.  :)

I remember when the sphagetti at Makati Supermarket (when it was still actually in Makati) was so popular among workers at Legazpi Village during the 80s. Sanamashit, it was always an "event" when we decided to go there for lunch. The sphagetti was really good. Then.

How much is it per person over there? May nagsabi sa akin ok din yung food.

900 pesos per head with all first class ingredients like REAL Parma ham,8 kinds of Italian cheeses,Assorted Antipasti,Seafood and 15 Dessert Choices Yummy,It is good value for money.Plus my single mother friend brings her two kids all the time kasi six years and below is free.So her 4 year and six year old and her eat for 900 pesos not bad at all :)

Edited by cebucitylocal
900 pesos per head with all first class ingrigents like REAL Parma ham,8 kinds of Italian cheeses,Assorted Antipasti,Seafood and 15 Dessert Choices Yummy,It is good value for money.Plus my single mother friend brings her two kids all the time kasi six years and below is free.So her 4 year and six year old and her eat for 900 pesos not bad at all :)

Thanks a lot! Yeah, if they use the real stuff as ingredients, 900 is pretty cheap. ^_^ Not a good thing for when you're on a diet though :D

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

Check out AMICI DI DON BOSCO (pasay road, same building as the don bosco church, but it has a seperate door near the foot of the ramp). lovely lovely pasta sauces. my fave is l'arriabiata, tangy, sweet and spicy. their ham and somethingelse ravioli is so wagi!

they make their own italian gelato too! :) the pizzas are just ooh so yummy... i'm running out of gourmet-sounding adjectives and that must be good! :lol:

happy eating!

I remember when the sphagetti at Makati Supermarket (when it was still actually in Makati) was so popular among workers at Legazpi Village during the 80s.  Sanamashit, it was always an "event" when we decided to go there for lunch.  The sphagetti was really good.  Then.

ako naman it was a treat each time we would leave UP Diliman early and go there to eat a late lunch before hanging out at the then-Makati Commercial Center...

:boo:

Hi Wyldchick,

Grabe! Wala ako masabi sa iyo! Pasta lover ka talaga! I first at spaghetti at MS way back when I was still around 7 or 8 years old. Sinasama ako ng mother ko dun. I used to study in Chinatown and go all the way to MS in MCC just to eat spaghetti. Nung nag college na ako, dun pa rin ako pumupunta. I remember bringing my balikbayan relatives to eat there at MS whenever they wanted to return the favor of being their tourist driver. :) Kaya grabe lungkot ko nung kailangan na nila lumipat.

As for the small outlet, yeah (where Venezia now stands) I was aware about that. But I didn't know about the small stall there at Vito Cruz station! You are really sharp when it comes to these things!

Yeah I have to agree, MS has created a lot of pasta addicts! ;)

Maybe we should gather a hundred signatures petitioning Makati Supermarket's return to Ayala Center! :blink:

Masarap talaga dun, kahit nga hamburger steak and toasted bread, even the rest of their menu. Siguro pinagdaanan na lang ng panahon.

Snow

hey snowflake! how you doin! happy new year to you too!

hmm i had some of the MS @ ATC Spag last year.. it was okay... the one in Cash and Carry was really blah, i gotta agree...

I remember that supermarket... we used to go there every sunday... and there was this counter type thingy where we would have our spaghetti...their toasted bread and hamburger steak was pretty good too.

they opened a small outlet at around the same area (in the general area of venezia and mocha blends...) but there was an accident and they had to close it again. they also had a really small stall in the LRT station near DLSU... I remember buying spag to go after my saturday classes... :D

Halata bang addict din ako sa spag ng MS? :blush: