• 3 months later...

There's a place right off airport road in Paranaque (or is it Las Pinas?) where one can buy fresh seafood and vegetables and several restaurants clustered around it can cook them for you.

I tried it a couple of years ago with Paris-based colleagues and they were extremely happy. One even had a photo taken with a lobster to show Parisiennes that he had lobster in Manila which was extremely expensive in Paris.

As usual, hindi ko alam ang title niya, but it should be just off airport road, south of MIA.

There's a place right off airport road in Paranaque (or is it Las Pinas?) where one can buy fresh seafood and vegetables and several restaurants clustered around it can cook them for you.

I tried it a couple of years ago with Paris-based colleagues and they were extremely happy. One even had a photo taken with a lobster to show Parisiennes that he had lobster in Manila which was extremely expensive in Paris.

As usual, hindi ko alam ang title niya, but it should be just off airport road, south of MIA.

The place is called "Dampa"

there are allternatives to that place in libis and roxas blvd baclaran. there's also on in banawe called wok with liu

PURPLE ALLEY CAFE

Category: Restaurants

Cuisine: Italian

Location: 19 Scout Bayoran St., Quezon City (near Rembrandt Hotel)

As we were looking for a place to eat lunch, my officemates and I stumbled on this cozy cafe along Scout Bayoran St. We almost didn't see it because it faced an apartment driveway instead of the road. Thank heavens there was a huge sign that pointed us to its exact location!

Upon entering the cafe, we were greeted by the sweet-smelling aroma of pasta being cooked in the kitchen. My officemates and I had the same thought bubble, "This is promising!" The cafe's owner, a friendly and gracious woman, led us to our table. She told us that the cafe opened quite recently that's why it didn't have that many customers. That was fine with us since we had the whole place to ourselves.

When she gave us the menu, we realized that the cafe actually specializes in pasta. I ordered Italian stuffed chicken, which is a crepe stuffed with chicken, ham and cheese and sprinkled with rosemary sprigs. Given a choice between pasta and rice, I chose pasta. Carmi, one of my officemates, treated the group with a plate of nachos.

The food took a while to prepare, so we spent the time drinking glasses of iced tea (bottomless) and looking at the various architectural sketches posted on the wall. [When I return I'll ask the owner who did the sketches.] When the food arrived, it looked and smelled sumptuous. I tasted the pasta. Wow! I haven't tasted pasta that good before. The Italian stuffed chicken tasted even better! Unlike pasta served in bigger restaurants, the ones served at Purple Alley Cafe tasted homemade. Add to that the coziness of the place and reasonable price of the food...voila! It's the perfect recipe to a satisfying meal.

We gave our compliments to the owner, and she was happy that we were satisfied with the food. She even invited us to attend the ballroom dancing that happens every Saturday night on the second floor of the cafe. Still suffering from Guillain-Barre syndrome, I politely declined her offer. Perhaps Carmi and the others would be happy to try it.

The only thing that keeps me from giving this cafe a perfect score is the long preparation time for the food. It seems that the cafe is under-manned; thus, they have difficulty handling the orders, especially if the place is full. However, that problem can easily be remedied in the future. For now, I suggest that you call them and place your order before going to the cafe. That way, you won't waste your time waiting for your food.

Purple Alley Cafe: (632) 411-0023

Snackaroo! I used to eat there like around 5 yrs ago coming home from work. Sizzling steak is great and very affordable pa with big servings.

I came back to that place 1 month ago and it's still the same place it was before. The quality is still good.

Suggest you guys try this.

sa snackaroo sa may judge jimenez in QC. ok ang steak nila dun grilled pa!

there are allternatives to that place in libis and roxas blvd baclaran.  there's also on in banawe called wok with liu

Paluto with Victor Liu

victor is a personal friend, dating cook ng manila hotel iyan and marami pang big restuarants in his younger years, and right now he has his own joints actually 2 branches one in banawe and one in baclaran. It is located at the back of SEaside market, the trick here is to buy your seafood on the wet market, i bought a kilo of large prawns for 450 pesos, and have it cook Tempura style , this is the best tempura i have tasted, even better than the ones in HONG KOng, cooking charge only 150 , and I have around 25-30 big prawn , cooked in tempura for only 600 pesos. they charge only service fee, so depende na iyan kung gaano ka galing mag market, famous din siya sa grilled muscle with cheese, and magaling rin iyong fried crab niya. Try the tempura you won't regret it !!!! :cool:

meron sa may wilson st, greenhills, kumanan ka sa gloriamaris, katabi ng ice monster ang cilantro. south east asian cuisine siya, at medyo mura at masarap naman siya.

kung lumpia naman hanap niyo, dumerecho ka pa at makikita mo doon ang 'the little store' parang siyang chinese grocery pero may chibog din siya. specialty din iya ang chinese lumpia.

colasa's.... davao barbeque place sa may timog malapit sa dampa sa timog..

maganda itong thread,

we should organize it so it can be even more informative...

provide details, directions, specialties, etc...

what's the italian place in Marikina shoe expo in cubao? sarap din yon...

also, for you folks down south, i'm sure you know that almost all the little ethnic restaurants in BF Paranaque are all excellent, the swiss, greek, german, italian, korean places,

My partner lives there and we've tried a lot, i have yet to be disappointed...

Parang boracay selection in manila...

bro elrey,

yung italian resto sa marikina shoe expo pangalan ay bellini's... pumasok ka sa loob ng marikina shoe expo (cubao) - paikot lang ang kalsada niyan, makikita mo siya, siya lang resto doon eh. masarap ang osso bucco niya. yung pizza wag mo na orderin.

btw, penge naman details ng mga ethnic restos sa bf paranaque. di namin alam iyan dito sa north metro.