Are You Happy With Your Work?

Hi. Right now, I'm doing ok with my current work. I guess the best description I could give is that I’m contented with my job. My work involves telesales, calling companies and offering them software training. Each one of us is given a particular territory and it’s our responsibility to take care of the customers under our account. So it’s a bit of account management but we don’t do field work, but instead do lead generation and follow-up calls. I earn a pretty decent salary; I get quarterly commissions (sometimes amounting more than my monthly pay), regular hours, friendly co-workers and supportive superiors. The disadvantages are, my schedule is at night (cuz my customers are in the US) and there’s always the pressure of making sales. But I guess if I weigh the disadvantage against the benefits, the advantages are more and have a greater impact. I’m lucky that I’m in this situation now in my career :)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest airmax

ang maganda lang sa ganitong profession mataas ang salary as compared to the normal employee. pero walang growth sa ganitong profession. at wala kang natutunan. thats just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that majority of us cc peeps are just working for the money. Its undeniable that we need money nowadays but you should also learn how to love and treat yourselves. Kaya nga malaki ang sweldo diba enough to compensate and pang-gimik gimik din minsan.

As for me I'm fortunate enough to work with nice TL's, managers, and co-reps. And Im able to apply the knowledge that Ive learned here somewhere else. I was able to help some of my friends over the phone when they're having problems with their computer. :rolleyes:

Guest airmax
It appears that majority of us cc peeps are just working for the money. Its undeniable that we need money nowadays but you should also learn how to love and treat yourselves. Kaya nga malaki ang sweldo diba enough to compensate and pang-gimik gimik din minsan.

As for me I'm fortunate enough to work with nice TL's, managers, and co-reps. And Im able to apply the knowledge that Ive learned here somewhere else. I was able to help some of my friends over the phone when they're having problems with their computer. :rolleyes:

yep im just working for the money. kelangan ko lang makaipon dahil kelangan kong dagdagan ung dalang kong pera papuntang america next year. basically pera lang talaga ang habol ko sa ganitong profession. hindi ko pinapangarap maging TL, Floor walker, OM etc. maipon ko lang ung kelangang kong pera im out of this profession. kaya ako hindi ko sineseryoso itong trabahong ito. wala nga akong pakialam kung makapasa ako sa score card ko or bumagsak. kung terminate e di terminate.

im so happy that nagkaron ng ganitong industry sa pinas. madaming nagkaron ng trabaho. & syempre high paying pa.

im currently working as a telemarketer... na sa amin na ata lahat ng klase ng pressure na mahahanap sa cc.

irate clients

goal

upper mgt problems

dnc policy sa us

escalations...

etc, etc.

pero i find it challenging kaya i luv ds job... natuto na din akong magwork under pressure, & rewarding nman pag nag work ka ng maayos, ul actually earn a lot depending on how u perform & d number of sales that u make. 2x na din nag increase ung salary ko becoz of promotions kaya d best tlaga 2ng work na 2 para sakin.

& syempre free internet usage... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
i'm happy with my work.. but i'm kinda annoyed with some people i'm working with.. how do you guys handle working with people you don't like?

You can do 2 things here:

1. You can resign

2. sakyan mo na lang at pakisamahan mo ang mga ka workmates mo.

im happy at work actually i love it, working in IT & earning roughly close to 100K is not bad plus I get to sit on the computer all day long and visit the MTC forums hahaha

I was working hard before now my boss has given me little jobs to do & i usually pass my work to trainees or lower id workers haha im not trying to be mean but im just getting lazy & so lazy i even sleep at work for about 2-3 hours haha so yes im happy!!!!

LOVE YOUR WORK

If you don't like your work

You need three times the energy

To force yourself to work

To resist the force

And finally to work.

If you love your work,

You work no more

For work when you like it

Is work no longer

But sheer enjoyment.

If you enjoy your work

You'll work and work

Without counting the hours

And reep and enjoy

More earnings as well...

:mtc:

Ang hirap kasi sa ganitong profession. You're expendable. Kahit ba sabihin natin u rendered service for 10 years in this call center. tapos on your 11th year medyo hindi maganda performance mo just like that iteterminate ka nila parang bale wala sa kanila ung ginawang mong mabubuti for 10 years. Parang NBA team din eh. Hehehe.

@airmax: I think what the call center industry really demands out of its people is for them to be constantly on their toes, to always strive to improve, not be complacent and rest on their past achievements and be continously productive. Hindi naman sa balewala na ang tenureship dito pero most call center management would always prefer employees na nagpeperform kaysa dun sa pa-petiks petiks lang.

Tignan mo ang karamihan ng employees sa government agencies natin. Once they've attained their tenure at hindi na sila basta basta matatanggal sa work nila, petiks na sa trabaho. Hindi na efficient, mababa ang productivity.

The call center industry really put management principles such as being performance-based into good use.

@airmax: I think what the call center industry really demands out of its people is for them to be constantly on their toes, to always strive to improve, not be complacent and rest on their past achievements and be continously productive. Hindi naman sa balewala na ang tenureship dito pero most call center management would always prefer employees na nagpeperform kaysa dun sa pa-petiks petiks lang.

Tignan mo ang karamihan ng employees sa government agencies natin. Once they've attained their tenure at hindi na sila basta basta matatanggal sa work nila, petiks na sa trabaho. Hindi na efficient, mababa ang productivity. 

The call center industry really put management principles such as being performance-based into good use.

well in the case of our call center 200 agents ang natangal dahil napilitan silang mandaya sa isang metric namin. now kung hindi nila gagawin un sisibakin sila sa work. so ginawa nila nakipagsugal sila. eventually natangal din sila. thats what im talking about dude. i used to work for a bank before hindi naman petiks ang trabaho sa company namin at hindi rin kami parang gobyerno. mataas din ang standards namin. hindi naman kami basta basta nagtatangal ng employee ng basta basta na lang. kahit ba hindi sya top performer ok lang. but this strategy of the call center i just dont buy it. im sorry but thats my opinion. talagang expendable lang talaga ang dating ng mga karamihan na nagwowork dito.

Edited by airmax

i used to work sa call center ok naman yung pay para sa mga entry level, pero grabe naman yung conflict and pressure. gusto nila customer satisfaction and at the same time you can't spend a lot of time sa isang client. so ano ba talaga kuya? hehe

tapos meron pa ako naging officemate, ang work nya is to monitor and report lang about customer satisfaction sa client, sus grabe sa sobrang stress hindi na dinatnan. kawawa nga sobra eh

i used to work sa call center ok naman yung pay para sa mga entry level, pero grabe naman yung conflict and pressure. gusto nila customer satisfaction and at the same time you can't spend a lot of time sa isang client. so ano ba talaga kuya? hehe

tapos meron pa ako naging officemate, ang work nya is to monitor and report lang about customer satisfaction sa client, sus grabe sa sobrang stress hindi na dinatnan. kawawa nga sobra eh

ok nga ung pay sa ganitong work pero ang kapalit naman matindi hehehe. they focus more on ave. handling time, customer satisfaction and quality. so kahit ma resolved mo ung issue at bumagsak ka sa quality bagsak ka pa rin. anyways malapit na akong umalis dito sa ganitong profession tinatapos ko lang ung bond ko. hindi na rin ako magwowork sa call center kahit kelan :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

Relationships (kahit yung mababaw like wok rel'n) can and should only be worked out by confronting the person you don't like regarding what you don't like about him/her.

Mag resign ka, talo ka dahil ikaw pa nawalan ng trabaho dahil sa kany/kanila.

Maki sama ka without expressing what you really think/feel, mas talo ka dahil titiisin mo sila.

Tumahimik ka na lang, baka maloko ka, so make sure hindi ka hahawak ng baril.

• 2 weeks later...

*airmax - r we talking about convergys here? hehehhe

yup its hard to work in a call center and no matter how many times you tell yourself that you wont work in a call center, situations still call for it. eto lang kasi ang pinakamabilis magprocess ng job application. if ur gonna apply in a simple ofc work, it will take months before you can even get a reply. im a call center hopper and ive been with L2S, AEL, CONVERGYS, SYKES and right now, im working in a small Aussie call center here in ortigas. it pays good, day shift forever and ok management so am happy na din. hehehe...

*airmax - r we talking about convergys here? hehehhe

yup its hard to work in a call center and no matter how many times you tell yourself that you wont work in a call center, situations still call for it. eto lang kasi ang pinakamabilis magprocess ng job application. if ur gonna apply in a simple ofc work, it will take months before you can even get a reply. im a call center hopper and ive been with L2S, AEL, CONVERGYS, SYKES and right now, im working in a small Aussie call center here in ortigas. it pays good, day shift forever and ok management so am happy na din. hehehe...

are you talking here about l2s?