Players That Earned Your Respect

I've always thought that KERBY RAYMUNDO of purefoods LETRAN was an airhead, angas type of person... As in angas na angas ako dito...

Pero when I watched him sacrifice his playing time sa National team tapos yung laro nya knina against IRAN, He gained my respect... PUSO pinakita niya.

Baka nung nasa letran and redbull si Kerby maangas talaga.....Pero sympre nung napunta ng Purefoods tapos lagi nakakakuha ng advice kay Cap eh titino ka talaga.......

When Manute Bol went to the Warriors, the 7-7 beanpole started heaving 3 point bombs?!!! :lol: Geez

for me, coach Don Nelson and Mike Fratello

don Nelson - probably the mad scientist of the NBA. pioneered the "small-ball", "hack-a-shaq", "point-forward position" and turning a 7 foot german into a freakin 3 point shooter (imagine what he can do to Yao Ming if he's his coach.) So crazy, so creative.

Si Freddie Abuda ang unang pumasok sa utak ko ng makita ko ang thread na to.
me too he's a hardworker and considering that he had an acl injury on his rookie year.

steve nash, jason kidd and john stockton. plays hard every game and willing to sacrifice.

Scottie Pippen- the superstar role player

Edited by tacio

Lance Armstrong - obvious reasons

Paolo Maldini - played his entire career - till now - with AC Milan

Pete Sampras - watching him play with tears flowing down his face as he plays for his long time coach who had died of cancer

Randy Couture - still kicking ass in the UFD at 40+

Asi Taulava, Jimmy Alapag, Gabe Norwood - theyre more fiipino by heart by giving their best for our country. Di lang nasa dugo ang pagiging pilipino, kundi sa puso din. saludo ako sa inyo.

Chot Reyes (please lower ur eyebrows guys) - He knows he's against all odds. tough competition, short preparation time, keys players injuries, his wrong moves and decisions getting magnified, slim chance of success, criticisms and harsh words from know-it-all basketballs genius and gods, even mtc posters. but still got some balls to give this one a losing yet very brave fight. Tough fate and sacrifices he endured only to be rewarded back home with rotten tomatoes and eggs.

vince hizon - i thought puro pa cute lang dati as a player, but secretly, he is funding his own scholarship foundation. dami na ring beneficiaries nito but he didnt want allow the media to highlight this one.

Jimmy Alapag did earned my respect. His fighting spirit showed even when the team was slowly LOSING the game vs Jordan by pushing his teammates to give it there all.

Not too long ago, Benjie Paras earned my respect also when he bagged his 2nd MVP despite the influx of the FIL-SHAMS that includes, Alvarado, Parker, Segova and Fil-Ams Taulava, Seigle etc...He ELEVATED his game to a different level and showed this FIL-AMS a thing or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...