Florida gusto ko dyan kaso yung waterfront properties malayo sa top-rated schools.

I'm in Old Hickory, TN. Zero Statte income tax, 1% only in capital gains tax (whicll will be 0 next year), 2.4% only in property tax, public schools are rated 9 of 10 for all elementary, middle and high school levels. The entire area is like a giant park - so beautiful to look at. I also love country music so I get to watch live country music any time in the 30 minute trip to Nashville. . But Nashville is not only country, it is the music capital of US so artists from various genres come here. I have watched some of my favorite bands perform live like Merle Haggard, AC DC,comedian Steve Martin (do you know he is a great banjo player?) and others - but mostly I support yung upstarts, mga pasikat pa lang. Getting older I have added symphony in my culture so I own a box seat in one of the best symphony halls in the world - Schermerhon.

The other thing is salary is 6-digits whih is the same as working in a big city like SF or NY. But I get lower cost of living kasi nga the prices adjust to the median of the populace's affordability.

I bought a waterfront property so I live in front of one of the creeks from our lake. Pwede na pampraktis ng kayak.

Every summer we have a Fun Run. Fun Run here is not jogging, it's boating. Yan ang trip namin dito kasi nga malapit sa lake. I would rent a boat or go with a buddy's boat. My last was in 2018 and supposed to be this summer kaso nagkaCovid.

To give you idea of my neighbors.

Ok ka naman pala dyan..so good for you. But seems like that place is not for everyone.
  • Like (+1) 1

Ok ka naman pala dyan..so good for you. But seems like that place is not for everyone.

That is true. Trip ko kasi is country music. I go to honky tonk bars, even by myself. I love the oldies classic country songs being sang by newer artists. Songs like Merle Haggard's "In My Next Life", Conway Twitty's "To See My Angel Cry", and Freddy Fender's "After The Fire Is Gone", Jamie Gill's "If You Ever Have Forever In Mind", etc.

But the newer songs by currents artists are just as good to me like Jerrod Niemann's "Lover Lover", , Eric Church's "Drink In My Hand", Notorious Cherry Bomb's "It's Hard Not To Kiss Lips At Night", I could go on and on LOL.

I gained a drummer and a guitarist as buddies just by meeting people around the area and we jam. The drummer is a son of a well-known collaborator of A-list artists back in the day (examples: Elvis Presley, Dottie West, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, etc.). The guitarist is an accomplished guiatr-composer. One of the artists who sang his composition even gave me a signed album.

Bonus na lang yung zero State tax dito saka 4 seasons hahaha.

That is true. Trip ko kasi is country music. I go to honky tonk bars, even by myself. I love the oldies classic country songs being sang by newer artists. Songs like Merle Haggard's "In My Next Life", Conway Twitty's "To See My Angel Cry", and Freddy Fender's "After The Fire Is Gone", Jamie Gill's "If You Ever Have Forever In Mind", etc.

But the newer songs by currents artists are just as good to me like Jerrod Niemann's "Lover Lover", , Eric Church's "Drink In My Hand", Notorious Cherry Bomb's "It's Hard Not To Kiss Lips At Night", I could go on and on LOL.

I gained a drummer and a guitarist as buddies just by meeting people around the area and we jam. The drummer is a son of a well-known collaborator of A-list artists back in the day (examples: Elvis Presley, Dottie West, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, etc.). The guitarist is an accomplished guiatr-composer. One of the artists who sang his composition even gave me a signed album.

Bonus na lang yung zero State tax dito saka 4 seasons hahaha.

Sorry, cannot relate. Not a fan of country music 😂 hindi ko alam yang its hard not to kiss lips at night...ang alam ko yung lips of an angel 😂 anyway, life is a choice.

Ok yang 0 state tax... though mas ok dito in terms of tax..0 tax for less than 20k, 2% for 20-40k, 7% for 40-80k....32% max if 350k annual salary.

Back to stocks 😂 nagwawala ang GLD, currently @48% gain. Mukhang magkakatotoo ang prediction ko na tataas above 50%.

Umaangat na rin ang IJR...kapag naging 10% gain to by Sep baka magpacanton ako 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry, cannot relate. Not a fan of country music hindi ko alam yang its hard not to kiss lips at night...ang alam ko yung lips of an angel anyway, life is a choice.

Ok yang 0 state tax... though mas ok dito in terms of tax..0 tax for less than 20k, 2% for 20-40k, 7% for 40-80k....32% max if 350k annual salary.

Back to stocks nagwawala ang GLD, currently @48% gain. Mukhang magkakatotoo ang prediction ko na tataas above 50%.

Umaangat na rin ang IJR...kapag naging 10% gain to by Sep baka magpacanton ako

Too late na sa akin GLD. :( Hehe. Congrats on you parekoy. Mahusay ka mag-predict.

• Like (+1) 1

early 30s kasi ako pre.

sana gumanda rin sakin tulad sayo

Sure yan pre. Wala kasi nag-advice sa akin to trust the market nung nagsimula ako magwork.

That was mid 90s and during that time, pataaas lang ng pataas market, walang big down for like the entire 10 years of 1990s. So di ako makapasok kasi walang entry point.

Pero kung me internet lang those times and someone would say, "don't think of present, think of future, like 10, 20 years from now" eh di nag-invest na ako kahit minimum lang sa isang mutual fund despitre for me was "mahal" na prices those times. Anlaki na sana nung value nun ngayon.

30s is an excellent time to start, the same time I started. Puro gimik lang kasi kaming magbabarkada nun nasa 20s kami. I was happ (and drunk) then but my bank account was sad and investment account was non-existent.

Me kids ka na ba? Stick to 2 kids max lang and plan for more than 5 year gap. Mine has 10 years gap kaya napakagaan sa gastos. Suggestion lang. ;) People might tell you pagsabayin na mga kids kasi tumataas presyo ng edukasyon. While that is true, what they don't tell you is if you do good sa work, your salary will grow higher thant inflation kasi meron what we call as promotion (which is like 3x the inflation) or finding a higher-paying job . Saka cost kasi can be controlled, say by going to low-cost area. The prices kasi adjust to the affordability of hte area's populace.

Too late na sa akin GLD. :( Hehe. Congrats on you parekoy. Mahusay ka mag-predict.

Actually, nabasa ko lang yun sa experts...shinare ko yata yung captured part kung saan inexplain bakit magandang bumili ng GLD before the start of covid. Tumaas ulet GLD...above 50% na. Pero IJR pa rin ang hinihintay kong umangat.

Edited by Papa Popoy

Sure yan pre. Wala kasi nag-advice sa akin to trust the market nung nagsimula ako magwork.

That was mid 90s and during that time, pataaas lang ng pataas market, walang big down for like the entire 10 years of 1990s. So di ako makapasok kasi walang entry point.

Pero kung me internet lang those times and someone would say, "don't think of present, think of future, like 10, 20 years from now" eh di nag-invest na ako kahit minimum lang sa isang mutual fund despitre for me was "mahal" na prices those times. Anlaki na sana nung value nun ngayon.

30s is an excellent time to start, the same time I started. Puro gimik lang kasi kaming magbabarkada nun nasa 20s kami. I was happ (and drunk) then but my bank account was sad and investment account was non-existent.

Me kids ka na ba? Stick to 2 kids max lang and plan for more than 5 year gap. Mine has 10 years gap kaya napakagaan sa gastos. Suggestion lang. ;) People might tell you pagsabayin na mga kids kasi tumataas presyo ng edukasyon. While that is true, what they don't tell you is if you do good sa work, your salary will grow higher thant inflation kasi meron what we call as promotion (which is like 3x the inflation) or finding a higher-paying job . Saka cost kasi can be controlled, say by going to low-cost area. The prices kasi adjust to the affordability of hte area's populace.

Kita mo MRS, lahat kami dito ikaw ang iniidolo 😜 Buti na lang nagsimula ako nung mid-20s yata ako nun...basta after kong matuli 😂

Ay oo nga pala, you are referring to state/local tax lang kasi. If country tax is considered, mas mataas pa rin sa US. Fyi, less than 20k sahod ko kaya 0%tax ako

Eto nakalap ko about your taxes dyan.

Singapore personal tax rates start at a flat rate of 15% to 22% for non-residents. (not 32% so Congrats!)

Sa US mataas nga. I am in the 24% tax bracket and at my age hindi na ako lalagpas dyan. However, progressive taxation din syempre and the government can still increase my effective tax rate even if I don't change tax brackets. This is why it is important to pay some taxes concurrently rather than defer all. (Effective) Tax Rates WILL RISE IN THE FUTURE EVEN IF ONE'S TAX BRACKET DOES NOT CHANGE.

Sa Pinas or sa Singapore wala yatang deferred tax gaya sa US so walang problema. Dito kasi they have this "deferred" tax which really is a way for the government to swindle people for more money in the future. They basically say don't pay tax now, defer them by paying them later. Well by that time, the government would have increased effective tax rates and hence the people will pay more taxes than if they had paid concurrently.

Some smart people found out this gimmick and hence they introduced the Roth Bill which basically gives options to people to pay taxes concurrently. I am currently 30% Roth, 70% deferred (or "traditional" as we would call it).on my retirement savings. I am to be in the 35% Roth, 65% deferred. The benefit of Roth? When the government increased effective tax rates in the future, my Roth savings will not be impacted because I already paid taxes on them.

The market tumbled big for me today. I lost $2.2K which brings down my YTD gain from $33.3K to $31.1K. :ohmy:

I think it is also important to document this here just to demonstrate that I am happy tbecause that means DISCOUNTS for my next purchase. :lol:

It is all about long term outlook guys. Did you know that prior to my $33K profit, I was actually down -$20K at one point this year during the height of Covid? It just goes to show you the market always recovers.

So yes, there are only 2 emotions for me in stock market investing and trading. One is HAPPY when market is up. And the other is HAPPIER when the market is down. :D :D

The market tumbled big for me today. I lost $2.2K which brings down my YTD gain from $33.3K to $31.1K. :ohmy:

I think it is also important to document this here just to demonstrate that I am happy tbecause that means DISCOUNTS for my next purchase. :lol:

It is all about long term outlook guys. Did you know that prior to my $33K profit, I was actually down -$20K at one point this year during the height of Covid? It just goes to show you the market always recovers.

So yes, there are only 2 emotions for me in stock market investing and trading. One is HAPPY when market is up. And the other is HAPPIER when the market is down. :D :D

do you trade US stocks? what broker do you use for trading?

Eto nakalap ko about your taxes dyan.

Singapore personal tax rates start at [/size] a flat rate of 15% to [/size]22% for non-residents. (not 32% so Congrats!)[/size]

Sa US mataas nga. I am in the 24% tax bracket and at my age hindi na ako lalagpas dyan. However, progressive taxation din syempre and the government can still increase my effective tax rate even if I don't change tax brackets. This is why it is important to pay some taxes concurrently rather than defer all. (Effective) Tax Rates WILL RISE IN THE FUTURE EVEN IF ONE'S TAX BRACKET DOES NOT CHANGE.[/size]

Sa Pinas or sa Singapore wala yatang deferred tax gaya sa US so walang problema. Dito kasi they have this "deferred" tax which really is a way for the government to swindle people for more money in the future. They basically say don't pay tax now, defer them by paying them later. Well by that time, the government would have increased effective tax rates and hence the people will pay more taxes than if they had paid concurrently.[/size]

Some smart people found out this gimmick and hence they introduced the Roth Bill which basically gives options to people to pay taxes concurrently. I am currently 30% Roth, 70% deferred (or "traditional" as we would call it).on my retirement savings. I am to be in the 35% Roth, 65% deferred. The benefit of Roth? When the government increased effective tax rates in the future, my Roth savings will not be impacted because I already paid taxes on them.

Non-residents ang sinasabi mong 15% to 22%. For residents, 15-22% is not even the average for non-citizen. Majority ay nasa 7%, which is nasa 40k-80k annual salary (550sgd for 80k salary). Edited by Papa Popoy

Bagsak ang US market dahil yata more than 4M na ang Covid cases...pero ang GLD patuloy pa rin sa pagwawala. 😂

Actually, iba ang point of view ko. Nung bago ako gusto kong bagsak ang market para makabili ako at a discounted price. Pero ngayon mas prefer kong continuously ang pag-angat. Why? Dahil compounded na ang kinikita ko. Lets say meron na akong 100k, mas gusto kong kumita ng 5k at maging 105k keysa malugi ng 5k at maging 95k. If magrecover ng 10k, i prefer na yung 105k ay maging 115k keysa yung 95k ay maging 105k. Kung bibili naman ako ngayon, Im sure mas mababa yung pambili ko sa 100k or what I mean is mas mababa sa kung magkano man ang laman ng portfolio ko. 😉 In short, ok lang para sa akin if the market is down, dahil alam kong magrerecover din naman. And of course, I am happy if the market is up.

Edited by Papa Popoy
  • Like (+1) 1

do you trade US stocks? what broker do you use for trading?

I'm in US and use Bank of America's (BA) Merrill Edge. Merril Edge is a product of former Merril Lynch, an investment bank that used to be giant but then got suckered into 2008 financial crisis and got bought by BA.

Sa Pinas ka ba? I think there is a BA branch/branches there. Maybe inquire if you can set up an account with Merril Edge.

Bagsak ang US market dahil yata more than 4M na ang Covid cases...pero ang GLD patuloy pa rin sa pagwawala.

Actually, iba ang point of view ko. Nung bago ako gusto kong bagsak ang market para makabili ako at a discounted price. Pero ngayon mas prefer kong continuously ang pag-angat. Why? Dahil compounded na ang kinikita ko. Lets say meron na akong 100k, mas gusto kong kumita ng 5k at maging 105k keysa malugi ng 5k at maging 95k. If magrecover ng 10k, i prefer na yung 105k ay maging 115k keysa yung 95k ay maging 105k. Kung bibili naman ako ngayon, Im sure mas mababa yung pambili ko sa 100k or what I mean is mas mababa sa kung magkano man ang laman ng portfolio ko. In short, ok lang para sa akin if the market is down, dahil alam kong magrerecover din naman. And of course, I am happy if the market is up.

Very interesting GLD is going up still. I am keenly observing that. Prior kasi when market started going down, GLD also goes down. When it goes up, it goes up. In short, tied up sya sa ETF ng mga equities. But now, I think there are more people investing in GLD separately that it creates its own upward moverment despite being weighed down by equity ETFs.

With regards to emotions, OK din yan, in fact that is the normal approach. As long as you acknowledge that down is part of the game and that it will recover again someday and that it does not bring you down. That is key mentally kasi. So good job Don PP! :) Kaya idolo ka ng mga residents dyan sa Orchard Residences eh. :) ;)

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Track nyo rito yung Retirement savings nyo. The purpose is not to compare but to show over time how the value goes up and down and maybe when people sees it has gone up over time, mas magiging confident investors sila.

So yung mga nakapag-umpisa na, why not join me. Then yung mga magsisimula pa lang or on the fence pa, monitor lang kayo dito and see why stocks work better than putting your money in time deposits, savings deposit, or worse, alkansya (meron pa rin yata).

Buy and hold strategy lang mga pre at mre. I just buy one Index fund - Large Cap - and continuously add kada sahod and hold untl I reach 55 years old (7 years from now).

Retirement Balance: 166K

Non-retirement account

I have started consolidating my non-retirement funds into 1 platform starting Dec of 2017. This helps me know how I am doing for all my non-retirement acounts - college plan, savings plan, business plan, etc. without having to do much calculations. It also keeps it easy for me to make adjustments.

Just curious how I am doing na for all my non-retirement accounts in a historical lookback since that date to now.

This 2-Yr- and-8-mo period is quite balanced because market-wise:

2018 is bad

2019 is good

2020 1H is average

Outcome:

SPY = 28%

MRS = 60%

Analysis: 60% > 28%

Conclusion: MRS beating the market. :lol: :D

tyJVBET.jpg

• Like (+1) 1