Proud To Be Fat?

:lol:

alright, alright. miss black cat, you win.

how can i argue with you? you seem to be happy and contented sitting on your high horse. apparently you're too brilliant and beautiful to be expected to stoop down to my level.

so ok. you win. hands down.

:lol:

to get back on topic, i never said that fat WAS healthy. all i said that THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED TO IT. as in wala silang choice in the matter. they were dealt bad hands at the genetic lottery. yun lang. as for the others who are fat because of choice, everybody knows there are flipsides to this--i won't deny the obvious benefits of a healthy diet and a regular exercise regimen.

as i said before, what matters is what's inside. determining the worth of a person cannot be done through physicalities alone.

but i'm sure you intelligent people know this.

and one last thing:

i WAS on the south beach diet. and yes, it did work. i did it because i was writing a story on the south beach diet for a magazine NOT because i was unhappy with how i look.

if anyone's interested in trying this diet, i have a few tips i can share. pm me for details.

i suggest also that we all call a truce. see, intelligent people know how to pick their battles. and this is a battle i don't care to win anymore. why don't we all just shut our own traps and move on?

Since we are at it, i dedicate this specific post to blackcat and missmanners :P

The 'Weight Regulator'

February 21, 2005

By Eston Dunn, MS, BSE, BFA, AFAA, ACE, ACSM

Special for eFitness

The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located in the front of the neck, which produces thyroid hormones, or "chemical messengers," that signal cells throughout the body to increase oxygen use. The two key thyroid hormones are L-triiodothyronine (T3) -- the more biologically active thyroid hormone -- and thyroxine (T4).

Hypothyroidism occurs when there is an inadequate secretion of thyroid hormones, resulting in a slowing down of the body's metabolism. While low production of these hormones results in hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid), high production of these hormones results in hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid).

The goals of thyroid hormone replacement therapy are to normalize thyroid hormone levels and to provide symptomatic relief. Although there are several types of thyroid hormone replacement available, not any one type is optimal therapy for everyone. As a result, treatment options may vary from person to person.

The thyroid gland plays a crucial role in regulating weight. Patients with hypothyroidism (a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce sufficient thyroid hormone) gain weight -- in fact, that's one of the primary symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Thyroid hormone has many effects on the human body; one of its most important roles is in regulating the basal metabolic rate (BMR), the rate at which our bodies expend calories while at rest. If you have a high BMR, you will "burn calories off" at a greater rate than an imaginary friend (call him John) with a low BMR. If you and John weigh the same and eat an identical diet, your weights will diverge. For example, if this diet is very fattening, John will tend to gain more than you will. On a restricted calorie diet, you will lose weight faster than John.

Finding the appropriate dose of medication can be tricky, so a doctor may have to check an individual's thyroid hormone level frequently (via a simple blood test) in order to tinker with medicinal dosage. If a person is not taking enough medication, they could be hypothyroid, and this would certainly make weight loss challenging. Nevertheless, this is a solvable problem.

Once thyroid hormone levels have stabilized within a normal range, an individual can no longer blame any fat weight gain on a lack of a thyroid gland. Genetics is, arguably, the most important factor in determining the presence or absence of obesity. Habits are certainly important, too. "Eat less, exercise more" has always been good advice for weight loss.

Two other key points: A hypothyroid individual must make a permanent change in his/her habits (with respect to diet and exercise). Weight loss should be gradual.

Crash diets fail because it is impossible for most humans to maintain such a radical alteration in their dietary habits. Rapid weight loss is treacherous for a number of reasons -- one can lose muscle mass (which is definitely counterproductive!) and one's body can "go into starvation mode," in which the body clings to calories.

A person should first find out from their doctor if their thyroid hormone level is normal. If there is any doubt, then they need to be tested. Once it is determined that hormonal levels are normal, one should NOT buy the latest diet book... rather consult with a licensed dietician (perhaps from the team here at eDiets.com and/or eFitness.com). Such professionals are trained to assess a person's caloric and nutritional requirements, and can then recommend a safe and effective diet.

nah...that's what i call lazy

Lagot ka, may maghuhuramentado na naman dito nyan... hahaha! :lol:

Missmanners, first and foremost, I never intended to pick a fight and it's good that you have ended it since you were the one who started it (in the first place). But I don't need your sarcasm just to prove that your "banat" was all wrong. You don't have to preach that what's important is what's inside.. of course.. we all know that and I even agreed naman di ba.

You seem to hate people who judge other people by their looks.. but you know what... you are not different from them (only in a different light). You regard people who won't agree to your views as dumb, narrow-minded and who thinks similarly as Marcos.

To get back on the topic:

The real world: fat people are less healthy and less attractive (I did not say "panget".. nililinaw ko na yan kse baka mali na naman ang interpret).. all my previous posts were intended to convince people who are out of shape that there are more benefits on keeping fit and trim than staying fat. It is no way to be taken as criticism or even prejudism. I have nothing against fat people... I am just stating what's happening and what's real.. it may be a bitter pill to swallow but that's the harsh realities of life.

Fact is, my husband is currently out of shape.. he is overweight by 20 lbs... I want him to get in shape because I love him and I care about his health.. though he is happy and contented with the way he is now (sabi nya), ayoko pumayag! Kaya kinukulit ko syang mag-badminton, basketball, golf, etc.. kahit anong sport activity kinukulit ko sya (sinasamahan ko pa!). Kung tutuusin, dapat maging masaya ako na may beer belly sya.. at least mas konting girls ang magkaka-interes sa kanya.. pero ayoko pa rin. Does it mean na hindi ko na sya mahal? Mahal ko nga sya kaya gusto kong mag-trim down sya.. it's for his own good. :)

THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED TO IT. as in wala silang choice in the matter. they were dealt bad hands at the genetic lottery.

Napanood ko pala sa Oprah.. sobrang tataba nung mga tao na episode.. sa first post ko pa lang, I was asking kung meron nga bang choice ang mga ganitong tao.. ng mapanood ko yun Oprah.. meron naman pala talagang choice. Kung gusto mo talaga mag-trim down, aayusin mo lang yun eating habits mo at mag-exercise ka. There is no such thing na inborn na mataba. Kontrolado natin ang buhay natin.. lahat pwede nating gawin kung gugustuhin lang natin.

Kung may sakit ka naman sa thyroid chuchu mo, di ipagamot mo. Pag may ubo ka nga, ginagamot mo eh.

Di naman nga kailangan talaga na maganda ang katawan ng tao.. at di rin dapat ikahiya ang katabaan.. pero di naman talaga equal ang opportunity ng isang attractive na tao at sa hinde. Kung equal ang intelligence and qualifications, tapos pareho din maganda ang mukha.. sino pipiliin ng employer? Yun mas maganda ang katawan syempre. Don't burn me for this kse hindi naman ako ang author ng ganyang mga pangyayari kaya hindi ako ang may kasalanan nun (ine-explain ko ng mabuti para di na ko masabihang mahina ang ulo ko :blink: :P)

wow. miss black cat, your husband is so lucky to have such a loving wife.

google's pasted article is true. i have several friends who have hypothyroidism--they see nutritionists and dieticians and are also under strict exercise regimens. the weight loss is not dramatic. but it is gradual.

there are also many psychological conditions that are to blame. and, as medically proven, GENETIC PREDISPOSITION.

the ones so highly praised and featured on oprah, as was nobly pointed out, are people who simply gained too much weight. whether or not it was because of emotional eating, pregnancy, etc. meaning, sumobra lang sila ng kain and lived sedentary lifestyles. so, with the help of oprah and her team of motivational makeover experts, they magically dropped the weight.

how many people can have oprah's help in this lifetime? for many people it's not that easy. a lot don't understand that there are many issues involved with overeating--emotional, mental and spiritual issues that are connected. those who refuse to understand this are insensitive. it must be known that slavery to food is a struggle--one that takes time and effort to get out of.

i also refer to people, like my friends, who are medically diagnosed as having a problem which caused weight gain. these people are NOT to blame. they were BORN with problems... problems which can be addressed and treated medically. for these people, a simple diet and exercise routine is not enough. medical intervention is needed. which, as i said, they are getting.

i have written many articles on many different diets and lifestyle issues centering on overeating, etc. there is only one common denominator here. these people need help. and help cannot be given in the form of labels or criticism. help should come in the form of understanding and love and patience and support.

to divulge...

in the states, there is a law called EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. this says that everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, lifestyle, etc. plays on a level playing field. say, when people apply for a job: in the states, resumes aren't passed with pictures anymore. personal details such as height and weight are also optional. because over there, people believe that worth and dignity is reflected on what the person can do and how that person can do it.

many forward-thinking companies here are beginning to do it. because, after all, looks cannot account for much. i remember last year, when i was interviewing people for a job in the office i used to work at, i chose someone who was not very good looking and was not a very good dresser--because her resume was exceptional and her experience helpful to the job. i turned down the ones who came snazzily dressed but couldn't say one sensible thing during the interview.

so it seems there is hope in this society after all. the so-called reality that looks count is not a pill i care to swallow. and anyone with brains should also refuse to accept this.

it only becomes a reality if we accept it. should you just sit back and say that's how the game is played? i think not.

we have to start looking at people as people--human beings who deserve respect and consideration. more now than ever before... when everything else in the world seems to be falling apart because of a lack of tolerance and acceptance.

do looks count?

no.

brains do.

and most importantly, a heart.

btw, i also know how to call a spade a spade. when i come across people who are stupid or ignorant, i can let that slide. but when they are purposely insolent and proud of it, then i will be ready with whatever label is appropriate.

in this case, "narrow-minded" seemed to fit the bill.

and the person i called marcos-like, didn't even react.

oh well. we all choose to live in our little bubbles of reality. some people just live in bubbles smaller than others.

as my friend said, some people will argue the same thing in 50 different ways... and it's still the same empty argument. it's all air.

and what should we do with air?

breathe it in...

and then breathe it OUT.

I dunno :unsure: accepting your fat is different from being proud you are fat so what am I getting at?

Hmmm I believe that it is not right to accept you are fat and not do something about it. Being fat is always an indication that you're doing something wrong....same thing with being too thin as well.

If tolerating fat is not right then how much more if you're being proud of it. I can't help but think that sometimes people sourgrape just to mask any psychological issues they may have with it. Of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by Cotton
in the states, there is a law called EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. this says that everyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, lifestyle, etc. plays on a level playing field.

It's practiced there--at least to some extent. One cannot discrimnate bssed on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, etc. But in many cases, that's on paper. Employers even there would judge first on looks, then on how they do in the interview, though during the interview the first impression made before it already has na impact. The interviewer then decides based on what he's heard and seen if the applicant is qualified.

say, when people apply for a job: in the states, resumes aren't passed with pictures anymore. personal details such as height and weight are also optional.

Actually, most recommend not to even put height and weight anymore in your resume. The point of not putting in these non-essentials (at least in looking for a job) such as height, weight, race, religion, etc. is simple: it's so that the employer won't have an opportunity to discriminate you right away. They really don't need to see you--if you put those in your resume, an employer might decide right away whether to hire you or not. You would not feel discriminated if they never call you, but chances are they did anyway if they see those info on it. I would advice people here making their resume to leave these out: religion, elementary and high school info (they only need what degree you got), height, weight (I don't understand why people even bother to put them in), the job you're looking for (they'll ask that in the interview; besides, you're limiting yourself if you put that in as there might not be an opening for that position)

because over there, people believe that worth and dignity is reflected on what the person can do and how that person can do it.

Read above why those info are really not supposed to be in your resume.

we have to start looking at people as people--human beings who deserve respect and consideration. more now than ever before... when everything else in the world seems to be falling apart because of a lack of tolerance and acceptance.

I admire this ideal, but truth is people in any place first judge by how a person looks before anything else. Most people you meet you don't even get to talk with, so visual judgment is the most you can do anyway.

do looks count?

Yes--but it should not be the only basis.

I am fat!!! Why should I be proud?

tinatanong pa ba yan?????

syempre dahil hindi halatang wala na akong makain... hehehe....

Seriously, I know being fat is never healty.. it is the same with being skinny/anorexic beauty. But still there are things I am proud of WHILE being fat. Read: I am not proud that I am fat but I am proud that I can make myself successful even if I am fat. Perhaps, my movements are limited to be compared with what people in normal weight (pag ba mas marami na ang matataba sa mundo, di ba yun ang normal? hehehe) but i can stillfind way to cope up with it.

MsManners, tips naman dyan about SBD oh... try ko pero partial lang..hehehe

kain muna ako...

Ideally speaking, I agree with what you posted missmanners.. but that's not what's happening in the real world (writer ka nga.. bagay ka pumalit kay Hans Christian Andersen.. bravo! :cool: ). Please also refer to Lord Zagato's post.

By the way, I'm not stupid not to notice that your post was dripping with sarcasm.. no matter how you mask it with niceties (tupperware yata tawag dun in layman's term :unsure: :P ).. since from the start up till the end that you called for a truce, you have judged what kind of person I am though you don't really know me. Coming from a person who's advocating for equal opportunities.. that doesn't seem to fit the equation. Have you ever tried practicing what you preach? I could go on and slap you with all my achievements (well, that's aside from having a great body... hehehe), but as you have indicated, I'm sitting comfortably my pretty ass (take note, my pretty ass :P) on a high horse to ever stoop down to your level. Hey, at least the horse can take on my weight! :lol:

Uh oh.. sorry that you do not have a monopoly on sarcasm, my sexy friend. And you know what... you don't have to be so smart just to learn how to be civilized. Have a nice day mis.. errr... missmanners. :)

Read: I am not proud that I am fat but I am proud that I can make myself  successful even if I am fat.

That's good. Of course, all we need is pure determination and hard work to get what we want. Cheers to you sistah! :cool:

By the way, if I may suggest, pinaka-effective pa rin yun eat at least 6 times a day.. in small quantities ha. If you could avoid eating fatty foods (anything fried tska taba ng pork) and non-complex carbos (sweets).. better. After 6 also works. Kung di mo kaya hindi kumain after 6, at least wag ka na mag-rice. Mas mabagal ang pag-lose mo ng weight, mas matagal to bumalik. So, slow but surely dapat. Learn to eat sensibly and exercise (kahit twice a week lang)... concentrate ka muna sa cardio till ma-reach mo yun desirable body weight mo tska ka mag-body toning (weights). If you want to learn more, may topic na "diet" dito rin sa health and fitness section. Goodluck! ;)

Ideally speaking, I agree with what you posted missmanners.. but that's not what's happening in the real world (writer ka nga.. bagay ka pumalit kay Hans Christian Andersen.. bravo!  :cool: ).  Please also refer to Lord Zagato's post.

By the way, I'm not stupid not to notice that your post was dripping with sarcasm.. no matter how you mask it with niceties (tupperware yata tawag dun in layman's term :unsure: :P  ).. since from the start up till the end that you called for a truce, you have judged what kind of person I am though you don't really know me.  Coming from a person who's advocating for equal opportunities..  that doesn't seem to fit the equation.  Have you ever tried practicing what you preach? I could go on and slap you with all my achievements (well, that's aside from having a great body... hehehe), but as you have indicated, I'm sitting comfortably my pretty ass (take note, my pretty ass :P) on a high horse to ever stoop down to your level.  Hey, at least the horse can take on my weight!  :lol:

Uh oh.. sorry that you do not have a monopoly on sarcasm, my sexy friend. And you know what... you don't have to be so smart just to learn how to be civilized. Have a nice day mis.. errr... missmanners.  :)

oh i can write wonderful fiction as well, miss black cat. you'd be happy to know that. ;)

and i have no doubt either that you have a brain that is capable of sarcasm. you proved that many times over. just obviously not a brain capable of understanding.

but hey, you seem to have everything worked out for you. as you said, you have many achievements you want to slap me with... a husband that's overweight but who puts up with you anyway... and a sexy body that i'm sure is worthy of an fhm centerfold. good for you!

i don't have to know you, miss black cat. i pride myself in knowing some of the most brilliant and wonderful people on this earth. people who don't just accept conventions and choose to swim. people who are brave enough to say we will fight for our ideals because that's what the world needs now.

there is nothing wrong with idealism. i'm happy viewing the world through my rose-colored glasses. so i don't have to know you, miss black cat. my judgement of you was sealed as soon as you opened your mouth in this thread. and i also won't apologize for whatever it is you think i called you. i do practice what i preach. i treat people with respect and consideration, no matter how they look. but when people are proud of their dumb opinions, i just feel the need to slap them silly. as i said, i don't mind stupidity. but when people are proud of it, that is just plain wrong.

which makes me think i am doubly stupid for having replied to you as often as i have.

enjoy your wonderful life, miss black cat.

and that is the end of that.

btw, lord zagato, i don't think equal opportunity is a law here yet. obviously our society is not sophisticated enough to be as accepting of each other as some countries are. this online community is evidence of that.

but i am glad to hear that this is catching on. those in the job market need to know that it is their abilities and talents that matter.

mr. hotrod, i write for several magazines and newspapers. suffice it to say that my thoughts and opinions were judged intelligent enough to appear on our major dailies and high-profile glossies.

oh i can write wonderful fiction as well, miss black cat. you'd be happy to know that. ;)

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: You didn't even have to indicate that my sexy friend.. it was soooo obvious that you are really very imaginative. ;)

Huy teka, I'll give you a tip sistah.... try to trim your oversized belly este ego pala (sabagay, pareho na rin yun) :lol: :D so you can find a real boyfriend (instead na imaginary lang).. bakasakali mabawasan ang pagiging cranky mo. :D

Good day ill... errrrr miss manners! ;)

Going back to the topic... who says life is fair? It isn't... so, why fight it? Instead, just go with the flow and maximize the benefits of being attractive coupled with having a good brain and a good heart. Ang good brain and heart kse di naman kagad nakikita yan.. kung baga, kung pwede rin lang pakyawin lahat para mas "liyamado" ka sa bakbakan sa buhay... bakit hinde? Hindi ba okey na game plan yun? ;) Kailangan naman kse MAPANSIN ka muna bago mo maipakita na meron kang good brain at good heart eh.

So... stay fit and healthy! May bonus pa na mas attractive kang tingnan... usually, yun "iba" na di ganong attractive (hindi ko nilalahat ha.. ang mag-react, guilty! :P), pansin ko galit sila sa mundo kse sinisisi nila ang genes nila bakit sila less attractive. Bakit naman isisisi mo sa genes mo.. gawan mo na lang ng paraan! ;) At least, di mo kailangan gumastos para sa mga hindi mo kakilala para lang mapansin ka at mapakita mo ang good brain and heart mo... hindi mo kailangan ipagpilitan ang sarili mo sa isang grupo maski nire-reject ka... and lastly, di mo kailangan i-offer ang bahay mo sa mga strangers para lang ma-accept ka sa isang grupo at magkaron ka ng mga kaibigan (how pathetic). :P

Who says life is fair again? :huh:

this whole experience has come to a point where it's become painful. insinuations have been posted as truths here. insinuations which are completely baseless and untrue.

and others have joined in as well in the name calling...

when i started posting here, it was never about me. i was never defending me. like i said, i'm happy with my life, including how i look. i was raised well and was taught to not only respect others but myself. i came in here in behalf of those people who couldn't speak for themselves... those people who have been perennially misunderstood and mistreated.

i don't know when this mudslinging start having heat-seeking missiles aimed directly at the core of my person or miss black cat's but if it was me who initiated it or caused it, i am sorry.

but i stand by my word. there is nothing wrong with idealism. there is nothing wrong with fighting against convention. strength of character is proven when we deal with ordinary situations extraordinarily. what is wrong with going the extra mile and fighting against the common misconception that life isn't fair anyway? what is wrong in saying that everyone deserves the same chances in life whatever they look like?

but as it is, i have only proven to myself yet again, that some people are by nature mean-spirited... and will even come up with lies and rub them in everyone's face as truth.

i don't have to explain myself to anyone here. those who know me know the truth. so believe what you want to believe.

this thread has lost its relevance. i will notify a mod or an admin at once to rectify the situation.

but i stand by my word. there is nothing wrong with idealism. there is nothing wrong with fighting against convention. strength of character is proven when we deal with ordinary situations extraordinarily. what is wrong with going the extra mile and fighting against the common misconception that life isn't fair anyway? what is wrong in saying that everyone deserves the same chances in life whatever they look like?

Oh... welcome back missmanners! :)

Of course there is nothing wrong with idealism. We all have our own way of living our life.. to each his own lang yan. Problem with you, you're too intelligent to accept the fact that people don't think alike. There's a way to post your views without having to insult those whose views differ from yours.

Why would you want this topic closed? This is one good example how two people with different body type handle agitation. Let them decide which path to take.

Cheer up.. this is only a board/forum.. there is life outside this board. B)

Sound Body, Sound Mind.

Oh... welcome back missmanners! :)

Of course there is nothing wrong with idealism.  We all have our own way of living our life.. to each his own lang yan.  Problem with you, you're too intelligent to accept the fact that people don't think alike.  There's a way to post your views without having to insult those whose views differ from yours. 

Why would you want this topic closed? This is one good example how two people with different body type handle agitation.  Let them decide which path to take.

Cheer up.. this is only a board/forum.. there is life outside this board.  B)

Sound Body, Sound Mind.

exactly what is my body type, miss black cat? did i ever give any indication of which type i fall in?

body type does not dictate what kind of brain you're going to have. is this even medically explainable?

i never said i wanted this topic closed. i just said it's lost its relevance... names are being called left and right... "pathetic"... "stupid"... "fat"... do these things have anything to do with the topic at hand?

i am not agitated. i am hurt. because everything you implied about me was deliberately hurtful and insulting and most of all untrue.

even if it's not true, the fact remains that it brought pain.

which is why i wish to end my participation in this now.

there is indeed life outside the board, miss black cat. mine is full and rewarding and blessed. i wish the same for you. and this time, i mean it.

exactly what is my body type, miss black cat? did i ever give any indication of which type i fall in?

body type does not dictate what kind of brain you're going to have. is this even medically explainable?

You're fat? Well, that's how your so-called brilliant-minded friends describe you.

Oo pag mataba ka, di marami kang cholesterol.. di madali ka rin uminit ang ulo. :P Yan.. medically explainable yan. Magpa-BP ka kaya. :D

Edited by black cat
Hahaha! :lol:

Trying to convince yourself again missmanners?  :D

Alam mo ba yun "bato bato sa langit"?  Pag tinamaan ka, natural aaray ka.  :blink: :P

Pathetic.. tinamaan ka rin? tsk tsk tsk.. now I wonder pano ka naging happy.  :rolleyes:

i really don't care to continue this.

convince yourslef how pathetic i am, miss black cat.

i wave my white flag in defeat. i simply have no time or energy to devote to this kind of mental disturbance.

i took the initiative to say let's end this, and even wished you well.

and what did you do but laugh at it and throw it back to me?

oh well. ikaw na rin nagsabi, to each his own. it's evident you're happy the way you are. who am i to say that you shouldn't be di ba?

and who are you to say that i am not?

so like i said, i don't care to continue this.

think what you want.

You're fat? Well, that's what your so-called brilliant-minded friends describe you.

Oo pag mataba ka, di marami kang cholesterol.. di madali ka rin uminit ang ulo. :P  Yan.. medically explainable yan.  Magpa-BP ka kaya. :D

btw, thanks for taking time out to check up on me. i never thought i'd be worthy of your time... to even talk about me beyond this thread.

and thanks for bringing to my attention the behavior of these so-called friends of mine.

the doors of my house are open to whomever wants to come inside. i never forced people to go in. now, apparently, some unwanted characters were able to infiltrate and convince me of their friendship. thank you, miss black cat. for now i will exercise precaution with whom i choose to let inside my house.

i took the initiative to say let's end this, and even wished you well.

Come on missmanners.. you make it seem like inaapi kita. Ikaw naman nag-umpisa eh.. I even said I'm sorry if I have offended you but you wouldn't stop. Now, I'm giving you what you want.. umaatras ka? At panay pa ang paalam mo.. pero andito ka pa rin. :P

Kung pintasan ka sa physical attribute mo, wala kang magagawa.. sa yun ang tingin sa yo eh.. iba iba naman kse ang tingin ng tao (beauty is relative nga di ba)... but to pre-judge one's character.. that is absolutely uncalled for.

Dati pa kita pinagtanong.. sa flirt thread pa lang.. I was curious kse how you look like.. kse the manner by which you post, parang maganda ka eh. Kaya ayun, noon ko pa nalaman na mataba ka. :P

hahaha maybe we should ask the audience!!! :P

a fat in a hat?

or a  hot cat ?

:wub:  :evil:  :wub:

Maybe instead of goading and egging the two to fight, us gentlemen can ask them to tone it down a wee bit?

May we all continue discussing the TOPIC: PROUD TO BE FAT.

Black Cat, I haven't met you, so I'm not really sure of your weight stature, but contrary to what you've said, WEIGHT is not an indication of one's cholesterol level and predisposition to hotheadedness.

You have said what you wanted to say, and I think it's high time you let the discussion flow on its own, without your sarcasm. If you are not fat, what are you doing here?

No, it's a rhetorical question, you need not answer it.

MissManners, It's better I think that you lay back for a while.

On that note, may I request the personal attacks to cease? {puts on mod hat}

Any off-topic posts after this note shall be deleted.

Since I'm here anyway....

Not all Fat people are unhealthy.

Not all Slim and trim people are healthy.

Not all diets ensure that one can be healthy.

Some people eat heavily (like myself and a few others I know), but remain slim without the <benefits> of debilitating conditions such as anorexia nervosa and bohemia.

Some people ARE genetically predisposed to being on the broadside, and some are not.

As such, WEIGHT is not a clear indication of one's health, and eating a healthy is a double-edge sword.