Are You Good At Small Talk?

Larry

before, yes.. u can say i'm good at small talk..

it can be very helpful.. i've experienced meeting new friends thru that (1 time when i was in the library waiting for someone, and the guy next to me was reading a pocketbook! eh i like to read so i made small talk to pass the time. when the person i was supposed to meet didn't arrive, the 2 of us went somewhere to eat na lng :) ) ... there are lots of times din dati na nalilibre ako sa pamasahe sa bus or jeep just because of that (on the way to school in manila.. heavy traffic sometimes triggers small talk - during these times it's not me who initiates coz i prefer sana to sleep.. but if the person seems ok, i entertain them)... hmmm what else.. others offered to share their umbrella (when it's raining hard) at ihatid ako sakayan...

we should never underestimate small talk...

anyway, as i said, before, yes... but now... i'd rather not.... let's just say i've become paranoid <_<

it depends on the situation but i dont usually do small talks.

i think if you feel alone you need to do it.

there was this one time in japan, i dont know how to speak

nihonggo so i feel alone sitting on the bench then came an american so i know

that i can communicate with him. i initiated it by a compliment about his kids

and ended up talking about NBA for an hour or so till his wife arrived.... he said

that im hungry for a conversation because that is how he feels likewise... hehehe...

i guess small talk is really necessary for a person to live

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish I'm good at this... kailangan din kasi lalo na pag sa work... you will need to speak w/ your acquaintances sometimes sa elevator, pag-nakasalubong mo or nakasabay sa CR or sa lunch time or kung saan man... maybe that small talk will make a difference to a person who needs it...saka its great to say something sensible sometimes especially if the situation calls for it....y'know... ^_^

i can be good at small talk but only if the other party is going along with it - you know like there's a conversation...I would have to be really bored to force it on people

people find you interesting if you find them interesting -sometimes you have to fake it just to help the time pass

alcohol always seems to help get conversations going - but sometimes you need an ice breaker

(like you ask - are you a virgin......ok that's a little forward but you get the idea)

it really helps if the one I'm doing small talk with is at least cute ;D

Not to brag, but yes, I am very good at small talk. I think the key is to look around you and inside your mind. There are so MANY things to talk about. Ask questions, tell a story about yourself, relate something to the situation you are in. I can talk to most any person. If they are hesitant to talk back to me it makes it even more exciting to try to get the person to respond to me.