To assist MTC members in resizing photos to conform to the 640x480 pixels policy, we are posting these steps for guidance.
These instructions apply to all Microsoft Windows users.
1. Open Microsoft Office Picture Manager by going to your Start menu and selecting the following items: Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
2. When the program opens, click the blue link for Add Picture Shortcut.
3. Find the location of the folder where you have stored the picture(s) that you want to edit.
4. Click the Add button.
5. You will see the folder listed beneath My Picture Shortcuts in the left column.
6. Click on the folder name, which will show all the pictures stored in that folder in the middle column.
7. Double click on the picture that you want to edit. The picture will be displayed in the middle column.
8. Click the Edit Pictures button.
9. The Edit Pictures menu will open in the right column.
10. Click the Resize link in the Edit Pictures menu.
11. The right menu will become the Resize menu.
12. You can see the original size of your image beneath Size setting summary. In this example, the original image size is 943 x 768 pixels.
13. You can change the size of the image in three ways by selecting the radio button beside one of the following options:
a. Predefined width x height This option allows you to choose among preset sizes. Youll want to use the web or E-mail options.
b. Custom width x height This option allows you to choose your own size. Change either the width or height that you would like to use, and the program will adjust the other size for you (this will make sure the picture doesnt get stretched out).
c. Percentage of original width x height This option allows you to adjust the size of the picture by making it a certain percentage of the original picture.
NOTE: When you choose one of the above options, you can see the new size of the image beneath Size setting summary. Check to be sure the new size is what you want before continuing.
The allowed size for MTC is 640 and 480 pixels or smaller.
14. When you finish making your size adjustment selection, click the OK button.
15. View your picture at 100% to make sure it is the size that you want. To do this, click on the dropdown box with the percentages and select 100%.
16. If the picture is not the correct size, repeat steps 8-15 until you are satisfied with the size of the picture.
17. When you are finished, select File Save As from the menu.
18. Name the file, select the needed location, and click the Save button.
thanks to Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN)
How To Resize Pics
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users