Favorite Quotes

• 2 weeks later...

This one's from my Philosophy teacher in DLSU..

"The more you seek, the more you become wise. The more you become wise, the more you know that you don't know. When this happens, then one is in humility, the MOTHER OF ALL VIRTUES."

POST YOUR FAVORITE NON-ROMANTIC/LOVE QUOTES -- inspirational, business related, sci-fi, etc.

MERGED THREADS

"It's not who you are inside but what you do that defines you."

• 3 weeks later...

from Choke:

"They're all just in it for themselves. They all think men are obsolete. Useless. As if we're just some sexual appendix. Just the life support system for an erection. Or a wallet."

"The magic of sexual addiction is you don't ever feel hungry or tired or bored or lonely."

"Nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it."

from Fight Club:

"After fighting, everything else in your life got the volume turned down. You could deal with anything." - Narrator

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." - Narrator

"We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need." - Tyler Durden

"How much can you possibly know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" - Tyler Durden

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

"The things you own, end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

"If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned..." - Tyler Durden

"If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?" - Tyler Durden

"I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let's evolve, and let the chips fall where they may." - Tyler Durden

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f#&king khakis. We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." - Tyler Durden

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

"I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy s@%t we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Tyler Durden

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden

"The first soap was made from the ashes of heroes, like the first monkey shot into space! Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing." - Tyler Durden

"We're consumers. We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty, these things don't concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with 500 channels, some guy's name on my underwear." - Tyler Durden

from Pirates of the Carribean:

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"One word, love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"Sometimes fate has a cruel way of putting things together. Maybe it's better if people just give up when there's no point in fighting for something anymore. When the ship has finally sailed, only a gool would go after it when it's already miles away. But sometimes, it's a lot better to ba a fool to go after what we want and need, rather than to regret everything in the end because we never even tried." - Captain Jack Sparrow

from Scarface:

"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women." - Tony Montana

"Every day above ground is a good day." - Tony Montana

"What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of f#&kin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f#&kin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!" - Tony Montana

from Gabriel Garcia Marquez:

"Sex is the consolation you have when you can't have love." - Memories Of My Melancholy Whores

"To him she seemed so beautiful, so seductive, so different from ordinary people, that he could not understand why no one was as disturbed as he by the clicking of her heels on the paving stones, why no one else's heart was wild with the breeze stirred by the sighs of her veils, why everyone did not go mad with the movements of her braid, the flight of her hands, the gold of her laughter. He had not missed a single one of her gestures, not one of the indications of her character, but he did not dare approach her for fear of destroying the spell." - Love in the Time of Cholera

"Love is an emotion contra natura that condemns two strangers to a base and unhealthy dependence, and the more intense it is, the more ephemeral." - Of Love and Other Demons

• 2 weeks later...