Nothing new with corruption. In fact, it is everywhere. But what's so alarming is when it happens within the organization of our law enforcers-- to the extent of killing some innocent civilians just for the ransom money among other illegal activities.

I'm actually referring to the suspension of war on drugs under the jurisdiction of PNP. And just yesterday, PRRD had suspended violent war on anti-illegal drugs nationwide and decided to focus on eradicating corruption especially within the PNP organization.

And because of that, so many inevitable questions brewed like does this mean EJK will come to an end also (already)? Or is this more than just a PR? Or an indication of failure on Duterte’s said campaign?

Your thoughts please.

Related link:

Dela Rosa orders PNP: Stop War on Drugs

This will not end EJK of course. That is the thing. It has been happening way before the new anti-drug policy took its effect. Akala ng marami, kay Duterte nauso yung mga bangkay na tinatapon na me karatulang nakalagay "Pusher ako huwag tularan". Sus! Dami din kaya ganyan nung nagspray paint si Mayor Lim sa Manila noon.

Magtutuloy tuloy ang patayan na yan na dati ng nangyayari. IMO mas binigbigyan pansin lang ito ngayon dahil sa heightened crackdown. IMO ulit, expected naman dapat ito. Come on! Mga Kriminal ang mga taong nilalabanan natin dito.

As for the PNP's intent to clean up its own ranks. It is a good initiative. I hope it will be as aggressive and politically determined as the drug war that was launched. At least we can see that this particular issue is being acted on.

But as we all know, this will hardly shut critics up.

• Like (+1) 2

Ang ibig sabihin ba nito yung mga drug pushers na nagtatago sa mga probinsya nila pwede nang makauwi?

As far as corruption in the PNP, lahat naman ng ahensiya ng gobyerno may rotten eggs, ang masaklap mukhang mas marami ito kesa sa mga good employees. Yung iba lang kasi small time lang kaya hindi napapansin. Matagal na ito kahit before Marcos era.

The current administration has clearly realized what most people (local and foreign) had been saying from from the get go - a violent war against drugs will not end in a favourable way - the administration obviously won't admit this. The big mistake the administration made was to think it could use violence as a short cut to eradicating the drug issue. This resulted in more problems, the murder rate shot up, corruption increased exponentially particularly within the law enforcement departments and among the general population there is a general inclination to be violent.

The decision to tackle corruption within the PNP got off to a nasty start following the light sanctions imposed on the PNP officers found guilty of harassing the Korean tourists. The lengthy trial of the cops who killed the Korean is also another sign that this campaign to clean up PNP might not be as thorough as many would want it to be.

Corruption in the Philippines in ingrained in the day to day life of most people, thus my definition of corruption: The bending and breaking of rules that benefits other people. When it benefits you, you call it a 'favor'.

Minimizing corruption will take a very long time as it is something so deep in the culture that any short cuts will end negatively. Getting rid of corruption will need the whole nation to take part by reporting crime and not ignoring it, following rules, following procedures, not accepting bribes, not offering bribes etc.

It is a long way to go, but it is something this nation can accomplish. It really has a lot of potential.

• Like (+1) 1

If you guys insist on calling rubouts as EJK, then I'd say these "EJKs" won't stop.

Narco-cops has been conducting rub-outs to protect themselves, their client drug lords and narco-politicians since day one of the war-on-drugs. They will continue doing so in their effort to cover-up their involvement in drugs.

Even so, the volume of intelligence they gathered from their Tokhang operations is the best accomplishment the PNP has done in this campaign.

Now Duterte knows the extent how far the drug syndicates has penetrated the government - the local officials, the police, the military, even Congress and the Judiciary.

He can plan his war on drugs better now with the intelligence bonanza he has gathered from the hundred of thousands of drug users and pushers who volunteered the information. This war to prevent our country from becoming a narco-state will continue even to the next administrations. I just hope the new presidents after Duterte have balls to continue the war.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think EJKs will not end, but at the very least, the EJKs perpetrated by our scalawag policemen will be monitored and acted upon. While I'm supportive of the anti-illegal drug efforts of the Government (partially nga lang), I do not agree on: (1) the seemingly shoot-to-k*ll policy of policemen on anyone "involved" in drugs, (2) the participation of scalawag policemen in vigilante killings (come on, police vigilantes are a thing, but the "cardboard justice" is not), and (3) the misuse of Oplan TokHang for criminal ends (both by police, criminals and others).

Besides, the principle of TokHang is to verify and plead to CONFIRMED drug lords, pushers and users to stop doing illegal drugs. But it's not knock and accuse them of illegal drug offenses, even with flimsy evidence. It's not supposed to be Oplan TokBang either.

I am for the revival of the Philippine Constabulary! Mabuti yun me check and balance yun ating law enforcement. At mabuti din na may military personel na tutulong magpatupad ng batas. Civilian minded din kasi karamihan ng regular police natin, kaya kalalaki ng mga tyan nito.

Isa pa, samu't sari kriminal sa mga lungsod natin. Andyan mga regular na snatcher, hangang sa mga kung ano anong terrorista na well-resourced. Makakatulong talaga militar tumugis sa mga yan.

Bobo naman yun mga taong tututol at gagamitin nanaman si Marcos na dahilan. Utang na loob naman o! Dedbol na si Marcos, nakalibing na! Iba na panahon ngayon. Ang abusado, abusado kahit ano pa uniporme suot nya. Nangtorture din naman regular police nung martial law di ba? O bakit hindi din nila ito binuwag?

Si Satur Ocampo isa sa inaasahan kong tututol dito. Itong ugok na ito, political capital nya ever since yun kwento na pinahiga sya sa yelo at kinuryente bayag nya. Buhat nun di na sya makamove on. Para yun lang? Eh papanong hindi naman kukuryentehin sa jingle bells tarantadong ito, eh NPA sya at me sariling hit squad.

Police corruption was long there already, same as EJK. What's more alarming for me is that most of the Filipinos are gullible. Yes, we all know that there is a war on drugs which in some, ends up being killed. But why is it that whenever there are killings, people automatically connects it to DRUGS and EJK? Why do most of the Filipinos believe or think that it has something to do with DRUGS and EJK just because there is a dead man with a card that says "ADIK AKO, WAG TULARAN"? If you look at it in a different angle, there are different factors that you might consider.

1. War on drugs (Which is we already know) Legit Operations.

2. War on drugs (EJK) though it has not been proven but let's not make a fool out of ourselves, this really happens, in some and it has to be addressed.

3. Drug Lords ordering their henchman to k*ll the "police assets" or someone who might sell them out.
3. Purely crime from a certain person who wants to use EJK / Government as an escape goat. Blames his crimes to the government.

My opinion in this is that they have to continue with their war on drugs but strengthen their polices forces at the same time. Strengthen means cleaning their ranks. We have to remember that in the first place, there are lots of criminals in the government. 6 months to fight criminality is plain BS and only stupid people would believe or expect it to happen, but at least, there are improvements unlike before.

Tampururot ang PNP ngayon. Pati invitations to intel workshops ayaw na mag-attend kasi STOP all anti-drug operations daw sabi ni Bato.

Hindi po, ang sabi lang every anti-drug operation has to be PDEA-initiated. Meaning, kung may target sila eh punta ng PDEA at maki-joint ops.

Kaso ayaw, Bakit kaya? Komo magkakaroon ng physical presence ang PDEA sa bawat ADO nila at magkakabukelyahan ng mga kalokohan?

Internal cleansing is always a painful process. But it has to be done for the PNP to survive.

Ilagay mo kasi sarili mo sa kalagayan nila. Wala ka na ngang tulog, sunod sunod operation, ilang beses ka muntik mapatay dyan, ang liliit pa ng mga anak mo. Tapos ganun ganun lang parang binalewala yun mga positibong nagawa nyo?

Yan ang hirap eh. Gumawa ng 100 na tama at 1 sablay, yun sablay nagiging katuturan na lang ng lahat. Ilang milyong adik napasuko? Ilan libong arestado? Ilang barangay ang nalinis, drug lord na hinuli, pabrika ng shabu na naraid. Tapos yun mga ilang kaso ng kikilan at yun pagpatay sa koreano, ganun ganun na lang? Balewala na yun ibang nagawa? Tapos lahat na ng pulis halimaw? Di ka ba mawawalan ng morale naman nyan?

Buti pa adik at mga loko eh, pinagpapamisa nila, yun mga naglilinis ng lipunan at nabibiktima ng masamang elemento hindi.

Naiintindihan naman natin na kelangan linisin PNP hanay nito. Sa isang banda tama din siguro itong move na ito. Pero... Kung me naidulot na maganda itong drug war na ito, mas nalaman natin kung sino mga tiwali sa mabuti. Isipin nyo, yun mga nangkidnap ng koreano, dati na yan nila ginagawa malamang. Ngayon lang sila nabuko.

Saan kukunin ang budget para sa Constables? Saan mag o-office ang mga yun? Kung sa existing camps lang din eh di under the control lang din ng existing PNP infrastructure. Paano yun ma-check and balance? Saan kukuha ng tao at staff at leaders ng Phil Constabulary?

It's a start. It's better than doing nothing. More check and balances. More power shifting.

Puede namang linisin nang sabay ang sariling bakuran at ang bakuran ng iba.

Yung mga tiwaling pulis e.g. Rafael Dumlao & Sta Isabel, may kalalagyan ang mga yan. Yung mga narco-cop generals, may paraan para mawala yang mga yan. Internal operations ang dapat sa mga yan. Purge it to clean the ranks.

A thought come to my mind: Kung gusto ni Joma Sison maging relevant ulit sya, ipaligpit nya sa Alex Bongcayao Brigade yang mga narco-cops na yan, starting with the Generals.

Edited by camiar

Puede namang linisin nang sabay ang sariling bakuran at ang bakuran ng iba.

Yung mga tiwaling pulis e.g. Rafael Dumlao & Sta Isabel, may kalalagyan ang mga yan. Yung mga narco-cop generals, may paraan para mawala yang mga yan. Internal operations ang dapat sa mga yan. Purge it to clean the ranks.

A thought come to my mind: Kung gusto ni Joma Sison maging relevant ulit sya, ipaligpit nya sa Alex Bongcayao Brigade yang mga narco-cops na yan, starting with the Generals.

Bakit pa iaasa kay Joma, di kaya ni Digong?

Ito naman si Bato, atapang atao ... Aba'y galit na galit daw siya sa mga tiwaling pulis na dumali sa koreano kaya ayun pinagpush-up sa harap ng media na may kasamang malulutong na mura at tatadyakan pa daw ...di na lang ginawa. Sabi nga ni Escudero pang TV/press ang ginawa niya. Showbiz

I wonder whether the same modus operandi will be done in cleansing ranks of the PNP as what was done the cleansing of drug addicts, pushers and dealers in Operation Tokhang.

Will we see bodies in police uniform wrapped in masking tape with a carton sign around the neck saying "police scalawag ako, wag pamarisan"?

First clean the ranks of the PNP. Remove crooked cops. And then the drug war can succeed.

This i agree ...

Kung mga pulis na siyang dapat mangalaga ng peace and order at magpatupad ng kampanya kontra droga ang may kinalaman sa mga kalokohan eh asa pa tayong masusupil ang problema. Ang mangyayari lang ililigpit lang nila ang kalaban sa negosyo at patatahimikin ang dapat na tumahimik.

Kaya nun una pa lang gusto ko sana ang pinagsasampolan ni digong at bato na pinapatay ay hindi yun mga small time at gusgusin na pusher at user na diumano'y nanlaban daw kundi un mga tiwaling politiko at mga pulis na involve sa droga.

I wonder whether the same modus operandi will be done in cleansing ranks of the PNP as what was done the cleansing of drug addicts, pushers and dealers in Operation Tokhang.

Will we see bodies in police uniform wrapped in masking tape with a carton sign around the neck saying "police scalawag ako, wag pamarisan"?

I doubt ...

Kung kaya at ginusto dati pa nakikita na natin ito. Hindi ba pinagyayabang pa nga ng ilang Digong supporter dito sa mtc na naniniwala sila na may ejk talaga kahit illegal ito at dinedeny ng gobyerno.

hindi ba yun mga involved na pulis dun sa kaso ng pinatay na koreano sabi ni bato gusto daw niyang patayin. Ayun para sa media mileage hinelera at pinagpush-up. Sabi pa niya dun sa isa "gusto mo tadyakan kita?" Wtf, nagtanong pa talaga. Well tinadyakan ba niya? Puros drama ... Showbiz lang ang peg. kung hindi pa nga sumablay sa presscon si digong na akala niya huhulihin pa lang ang mga suspect na yun pala nasa costody na ng pulis eh malamang di pa ipinakita sa press ang mga ito.

• ADMINISTRATOR

Bakit pa iaasa kay Joma, di kaya ni Digong?

Ito naman si Bato, atapang atao ... Aba'y galit na galit daw siya sa mga tiwaling pulis na dumali sa koreano kaya ayun pinagpush-up sa harap ng media na may kasamang malulutong na mura at tatadyakan pa daw ...di na lang ginawa. Sabi nga ni Escudero pang TV/press ang ginawa niya. Showbiz

I agree with the above posts.

It's a system-wide problem, corruption is. Pag inalis mo ang corrupt na officials ay sino ang ipapalit? Lower ranked officials na madali lang din ma-corrupt ng sistema? The purge is only a start, continue the system-wide reforms and we all should be OK.

This is what i have been saying a long time and nobody seems to believe....

the corrupt police wont change just because there is a new president.

the worse thing that the new president could do is give them more power.

now what, the drug war is being used to abuse more people..... how many people have been victimized by the police using the anti-drug war as their excuse for impugnity?

when will we learn that the only way to win criminality is not by empowering the law enforcers but fixing the judicial system.

the rule of law must prevail and nobody should put the law in his hands.

puede...

pero sa ngayon, yung mga matitinong pulis ang pinapatay at ini-intimidate ng narco cops (protected by narco generals and their naco-politician bosses), pero di makaganti yung mga sumusunod sa batas dahil kelangan ng "due process" at "human rights" yung mga rouge cops.

This is what i have been saying a long time and nobody seems to believe....

the corrupt police wont change just because there is a new president.

the worse thing that the new president could do is give them more power.

now what, the drug war is being used to abuse more people..... how many people have been victimized by the police using the anti-drug war as their excuse for impugnity?

when will we learn that the only way to win criminality is not by empowering the law enforcers but fixing the judicial system.

the rule of law must prevail and nobody should put the law in his hands.

How can a President fix the judicial system if the SC don't have their own initiative to do a major overhaul. Baka sabihin naman trespassing si PDU30at nakikialam sa judicial branch at sabihing prelude ito sa Martial Law.

How can a President fix the judicial system if the SC don't have their own initiative to do a major overhaul. Baka sabihin naman trespassing si PDU30at nakikialam sa judicial branch at sabihing prelude ito sa Martial Law.

una, ask congress for additional courts. courts are created by law. additional courts means declogging of cases. courts with lesser cases will be more efficient in dispensing justice.

second, add Prosecutors and Public Attorneys to make sure that they are not overworked. pay them properly to avoid corruption.

third, be strict on the PNP and other law enforcers. do not give them any chance to abuse power. more CCTVs in police stations, mobile cars, body cameras for cops, etc.

these are all within the power of the president.

una, ask congress for additional courts. courts are created by law. additional courts means declogging of cases. courts with lesser cases will be more efficient in dispensing justice.

second, add Prosecutors and Public Attorneys to make sure that they are not overworked. pay them properly to avoid corruption.

third, be strict on the PNP and other law enforcers. do not give them any chance to abuse power. more CCTVs in police stations, mobile cars, body cameras for cops, etc.

these are all within the power of the president.

Good points. On the 1st one can the SCJs ask the congress for additional courts? At least on their side they can specifically identify the number of courts needed per region.

On the other hand it also need to solve the corrupt people in the judicial branch. Para din naman PNP yan or any other govt. agencies, maraqmi na ring rotten eggs within.