Pc Or Console?

azrach187

i used to do heavy PC-gaming, since way back NBA LIVE 98...

however, im a recent console-convert. nothing beats the feeling of a multitapped NBA Live experience with friends.  :)

Yup. That it is! Sports games is one of the reasons why I liked playing in consoles, especially with a bunch of friends. One screen, up to four players and a lot of "smack-talking"! :lol:

Thats why I hate talking about tech stuff... there's always somebody who'd grill you the moment you mentioned something about them... I don't mean to put some more gas to the flame but lets face it... If it wasnt for those geeks who decided to make the PC an all around machine to be used by 'normal' people... then this thread would be for which console could give you the best gaming experience <_<

Thats why I hate talking about tech stuff... there's always somebody who'd grill you the moment you mentioned something about them... I don't mean to put some more gas to the flame but lets face it... If it wasnt for those geeks who decided to make the PC an all around machine to be used by 'normal' people... then this thread would be for which console could give you the best gaming experience  <_<

Agreed. Some are hung up on some kind of loyalty instead of focusing the strength or weakness of a particular game, or console.

Some, well, is just an adventure to add color to their life.

I started this thread to gap the difference, letting both side take a glimpse of the other side.

I would be adding some game reviews, on both the PC and consoles (Xbox 360) on another thread.

Edited by azrach187

I prefer the Console game. not that i have a grudge against PC, but for me its kinda costly to upgrade your PC just to play the new games. I Do an upgrade, play the new games, then in a few months time, a new game comes out and requires another upgrade. Unlike Gaming consoles that has a Life span of at least 3-5 years before another chine buffs it off. Maybe i'm just sour graping coz i cant afford the upgrades or maybe i'm just being

this is one site where reading back made my head hurt. being a techo-caveman all these letters made me reel badly. i've been playing games both on pc and consoles for the longest time. back then, pc games were still in the floppy discs (apple and its ilk, green pa nga yun monitor) and console gaming was on Atari. and have continued to play games on each incarnation ever since.

all i can say is that comparing one with the other is like comparing burgers and fries. they're both good but there's no comprarison. analogy may suck but there are times that its just enjoyable to have one rather than the other.

although personally for me, being rather old, consoles are better since i can just lie down on bed and play for hours without my back and neck contorting to unnatural positions. plus the tv is a heck of a lot bigger than my monitor :)

just my 2 cents here.

You can't compare the graphics between a console and a pc based game....

Mas maganda pa rin ang PC.....:):):)

Regarding transforming your Pc into a gaming Spec machine...

1gb mem = 4000

256Mb Ati Radeon Video Card =4,500

= 8,500.00 .... mas mura pa than buying a console which usually tags around P11,500 to P13,000 .. Besides a Pc has more use than a conventional gaming system...

and this specs will last for about 3-5 years... Don't fret out if the game you like has high hardware requirements coz what matters most is the minimum requirement to run the game!!!.....

Would you believe that my friend was able to play halflife2 and F.E.A.R. on a pentium 3 computer????

...hmmm...tough question...because there are some games that are released in consoles and vice-versa...i'll go with both even though i don't have a console...dati meron - family computer nga lang...hehehe....it's kinda cool also if you have consoles..at least you can see the evolution of the technology and the evolution of computer gaming.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

FOr all the technical mumbo jumbo that has been bombarded in this thread, I still go to PC.... You can never compare the graphics between a pc and a console coz there is really a big diference... Pc graphics are just downright amazing..

Regarding someone who says that PCs are fast becoming obsolete let me tell you this, My rig just consist of AMD Sempron 2200+ running at 1.5Ghz, 512 +256 Mbs of Ram,Elite ECS Km400-m2 MoBo, and a cheap Powercolor 128MB Radeon 9250Se. Just a modest spec compared to others but hey it has been able to run Far Cry, Half Life 2, NFS:most wanted , Hitman:Contracts, and NBA Live 06 with ease ... Graphics settings are set at medium but are still cool to watch and still far BETTER when compared with PS2....

Right now i'm downloading F.E.A.R. and will be playing it soon.... :):)

I'm planning to buy another 1 Gb Ram to boost my Ram to 1,512 Mbs (I have only 2 memory slots) and upgrade my Video Card to lets say 256 Mb or 512Mb to make my Pc gaming life survive for let's say another 3 years... :):)

as for me.. you need around 40k pesos to be able to purchase a really good gaming PC which could match the latest console..

whereas for console you only need around 8k-10k.. and you got a good PS2..

so for me..for gaming use a console.. for internet surfing, documents, programming, saving stuffs, etc.. use a PC..

use a device where it is meant for.. a PC is not meant as a gaming device..

PC or Console

i think in the Near Future our Next Generation Console is going to have a PC capabilty

or PC nowadays is have gaming capabilities as well

but for gaming ill Go to Console cuz you problem only is when is the next game will be release

unlike in PC u have system requirements to fill in order to you play the game in their full potential hehhehehehehe

and laking Family Computer yata to!!! :cool: