Free Tuition For State Universities And Colleges

buti kung ganun kadaling tumanggap ng paguunawa at pilit ipipilit ang kanilang rights kuno!

pahirapan nila yung entrance exam para masala tlaga yung gustong magaral talaga keysa gusto lng pumasok at pumorma sa skul... samahan pa ng lakwatsa at dota lol ang project

Hindi lang dapat pahirapan ang entrance exam, dapat may referral din ng school officials, although alam ko pwedeng dayain ito kung letter letter lang. That said referral must contain documents that back up the student's academic record, pati attendance isama na, pati iyong mga minor or major violations niya sa schoo etc. In this way, salang-sala talaga ang papasok sa sa mga state u. Kumbaga sa buhangin ay binistay talaga, mesh 140 or finer. Para iyong mga makakapasok ay iyong siguradong committed sa pagaaral. Then, pagka-graduate, give back to society in any way they can.

Let's make state universities, prestigious again. Ngayon kasi kung galing sa mga state u sa province ambaba ng tingin. Sorry, but I have met a lot of smart kids from Bats State U.

Let's make state universities, prestigious again. Ngayon kasi kung galing sa mga state u sa province ambaba ng tingin. Sorry, but I have met a lot of smart kids from Bats State U.

hindi nman lahat... yung state college na pinagaralan ko madaming pumapasang teacher...

nasa studyante tlaga yan... so need tlagang salain yung nararapat bigyan ng free education.

saka dapat magkaroon din ng 2-5yrs service sa Govt service in return from free education.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Joining rallies is part of the freedom we should allow students to do as long as they do it on their own free will. It is part of learning to take a stand on what they believe is right.

HOWEVER, together with that freedom is the responsibility that they must pass their course within the time allotted to them, otherwise, they are wasting their parents' or the government's money paid for their tuition. In which case, they should be expelled.

Joining rallies is part of the freedom we should allow students to do as long as they do it on their own free will. It is part of learning to take a stand on what they believe is right.

Joining peaceful rallies to voice out what's on their mind is fine. What I meant was joining rallies because they are goaded by communists is wrong to the core and they should be expelled.

Joining peaceful rallies to voice out what's on their mind is fine. What I meant was joining rallies because they are goaded by communists is wrong to the core and they should be expelled.

If they are goaded by communists and they (the students) believe it is right, it's fine. They should be free to study, discuss, and voice out whatever ideas, theories, concepts.

Joining rallies is also fine. It part of our freedom of speech and expression.

BUT, joining the leftist or rightist armed struggle to overthrow the government is not part of freedom of expression. If they overstep that boundary, it becomes a crime against the state. They will not only be expelled, they can be lawfully arrested and thrown in jail or even be executed.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

Happiest countries (scandinavian countries in particular) in the world have education free at all levels. I hope we can do the same here.

once we have amassed the same wealth and achieved self-sustainability, then its possible, before then, nothing should be free

The concept of free education comes from the principle that the State must invest on the education of its citizens to develop an intelligent and progressive nation, thus assuring the survival and/or dominance of the State in the world community.

If the state cannot afford to give free education to all citizens, it may opt to provide it to selected best and brightest individuals.

The concept of free education comes from the principle that the State must invest on the education of its citizens to develop an intelligent and progressive nation, thus assuring the survival and/or dominance of the State in the world community.

If the state cannot afford to give free education to all citizens, it may opt to provide it to selected best and brightest individuals.

Yes, but that is for countries with so high income (due to sustainable sources) and low birth rate and the government is making sure that even with the low population, there will be enough skilled, knowledgeable, and bright people.

In our case, our population is booming and giving free education to all will not be sustainable. Also, due to the increasing population, there will be very high chance of having skilled, knowledgeable, and bright people. No need for the government to intervene. I’d rather put all my taxes to solving the traffic problem which results to tens-hundred million pesos of losses per day. Imagine the amount of wealth we can generate once this is solved. By then we can talk about increasing scholarships (not free education). Then once we become a first world country, then lets talk free education. We have so much urgent problems to solve, and this doesnt include free education.

If they are goaded by communists and they (the students) believe it is right, it's fine. They should be free to study, discuss, and voice out whatever ideas, theories, concepts.

Joining rallies is also fine. It part of our freedom of speech and expression.

BUT, joining the leftist or rightist armed struggle to overthrow the government is not part of freedom of expression. If they overstep that boundary, it becomes a crime against the state. They will not only be expelled, they can be lawfully arrested and thrown in jail or even be executed.

I am talking here of FQS-style rallies. The member of the LFS who study in state universities should be expelled since it is a communist front.

I am talking here of FQS-style rallies. The member of the LFS who study in state universities should be expelled since it is a communist front.

The infamous First Quarter Storm was a violent mass movement that aimed to precipitate into a full blown leftist revolution to bring down the government. It was not a rally. I was a mass riot.

The League of Filipino Students was indeed a communist front to recruit students into the armed revolutionary movement.

But that's another point. The government has the ways and means to uncover these types of illegal activities and organizations, and respond accordingly.

However, in the spirit of free thinking, student should enjoy the freedom to explore all ideas, concepts and thoughts.

We should not limit them to "conventional wisdom".

Remember during the middle ages, it was considered a criminal act - a blasphemy - to discuss the concept that the world is round, because it was contrary to the conventional wisdom that the world is flat and the sun, moon, and the entire universe revolve around it.

Edited by camiar

Yes, but that is for countries with so high income (due to sustainable sources) and low birth rate and the government is making sure that even with the low population, there will be enough skilled, knowledgeable, and bright people.

In our case, our population is booming and giving free education to all will not be sustainable. Also, due to the increasing population, there will be very high chance of having skilled, knowledgeable, and bright people. No need for the government to intervene. I’d rather put all my taxes to solving the traffic problem which results to tens-hundred million pesos of losses per day. Imagine the amount of wealth we can generate once this is solved. By then we can talk about increasing scholarships (not free education). Then once we become a first world country, then lets talk free education. We have so much urgent problems to solve, and this doesnt include free education.

No argument there, except on your statement that government should not intervene. There are bright and deserving students who cannot afford secondary and higher education. For these select individuals, the government must intervene to give them a chance. Of course, government support is not free. They have to pay it back though service to the government and/or to the community.

No argument there, except on your statement that government should not intervene. There are bright and deserving students who cannot afford secondary and higher education. For these select individuals, the government must intervene to give them a chance. Of course, government support is not free. They have to pay it back though service to the government and/or to the community.

There are actually so many scholarship slots offered by DOST and CHED, and I’m telling, they are having a hard time filling up these slots with bright and intelligent students, and many of these scholarships go to average-undeserving students.

Many of these recipients do not even finish their degrees.

Now we are asking for free education for all? SMH

• 1 month later...

There are actually so many scholarship slots offered by DOST and CHED, and I’m telling, they are having a hard time filling up these slots with bright and intelligent students, and many of these scholarships go to average-undeserving students.

Many of these recipients do not even finish their degrees.

Now we are asking for free education for all? SMH

I don't know where you're coming from when you say they cannot fill DOST and CHED scholarships with bright and intelligent students, and they are passed on to "average-undeserving" students. Do you have first hand knowledge of this?

I had the privilege of hiring DOST and CHED scholars, and I can attest from those the I hired that they are all deserve the scholarship.

If DOST and CHED have difficulty getting enough "deserving" scholars. it's probably because of the conditions they impose on the scholars, particularly the requirement for them not to seek employment abroad for a number of years after graduating. They used to have travel restrictions, too.

Many scholars not completing their course? Probably not the whole story. They probably just changed to another course during their final years to get out of the scholarship and be free from the restrictions imposed on them.

• 2 years later...

i agree sa sinasabi ng iba. ang Free Tuition ay para lang dapat sa mga karapat dapat. kaya nga may mga entrance exam sa iba't ibang universities at kabilang na nga doon ang mga state universities. madami din ang mga klase ng scholarship bago naging batas yan. may nakabase sa mahusay na academic performance, merong sinasagot ng mga munisipyo o ng mga congressman kapalit ang mas madaling imaintain na grades, at meron ding base sa paglilingkod o pagtatrabaho para sa university.

Namasyal ako sa UP, bakit naparaming students na may magagandang sasakyan, dapat siguro ang mga eskolar ng Bayan ay mga mahihirap na matatalino, hindi yung mga mayayaman.

Maraming kaklase from Don Bosco ang pamangkin ko na pumapasok now sa UP na hindi naman daw matatalino noong  High School sila may mga kakilala lang daw silang mga sikat na Alumni at ngayon ay mga Politico. 

Sa kapanahunan namin may High School classmate akong nakapasok ng di ko alam papano dahil nag removal pa yun sa Math para makasabay lang sa graduation namin. Hahaha

Sa time ng sister ko naman may kinasuhan kaming Professor sa Math Department dahil nagbigay ito ng Take Home Exam pagkatapos binagsak nya lahat ng students dahil nag "kopyahan daw" Pag file namin ng kaso biglang umaksyon ang College at pinasa lahat ng students at nakiusap bawiin lang namin ang case baka daw lumaki at gayahin ng ibang students, Ibig sabihin lang nito madami silang pinagtatakpan na milagro.

May isa pa silang case na pinawithdraw kasabay namin: Yung case ng anak ng isang Senador.  

8 minutes ago, macbolan00 said:

Then you don't understand UP.

Ako ang di mo gets, ang unang Punto ko ay dapat bigyan ng PRIORITY ang mahihirap na matalino.

Pangalawa, magmamalinis, dahil madaming dumi sa loob mismo ng bakuran nya...

Edited by JackieM