WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Guest Dobermaxx

It's no secret that wrestling is scripted. Just like any other entertainment program, professional wrestling needs storylines and "hooks" to keep people interested. There's nothing "fake" about what these wrestlers do. They have to be extremely fit to do the moves they do. The injuries are real. The next time someone says that wrestling is fake ask them to take a flying leap from 12 feet up in the air and land on their back and tell you the pain isn't real.

It's no secret that wrestling is scripted. Just like any other entertainment program, professional wrestling needs storylines and "hooks" to keep people interested. There's nothing "fake" about what these wrestlers do. They have to be extremely fit to do the moves they do. The injuries are real. The next time someone says that wrestling is fake ask them to take a flying leap from 12 feet up in the air and land on their back and tell you the pain isn't real.

yes, that's true. even in martial arts where there are many moves that require throwing, they teach you how to fall properly. :ninja:

eto yung mga da best of da best para sa kin:

BEST WRESTLING STORYLINE EVER: The Austin Vs. McMahon Saga

BEST "FACE" (BIDA) ROLE: Bret "The Hitman" Hart

BEST "HEEL" (CONTRABIDA) ROLE: Vince McMahon

BEST SINGLES WRESTLER EVER: Shawn "The Heartbreak Kid" Michaels

BEST TAG TEAM EVER: The Rockers

BEST CATCHPHRASE EVER: "The Rock is gonna shine his size 13 boot real good, turn that sombitch sideways, and stick it straight up your rooooody-pooh candy ass !!!" (hanggang ngayon memorized ko pa rin hehehe) :lol:

Edited by tabachoi[-^_^-]
ang maganda kasi sa ufc is the fact na totoo sya...pero minsan pag hindi magaling ang naglalaban 10 minutes na silang nagyayakapan wla pa ring nangyayaring maganda nkaka bore tuloy minsan...saka sa ufc you wont see someone FLY WITHOUT WINGS, defying the law of gravity.....and after the fights bati-bati na yung sa ufc eh sa wwe before, while and after the match away pa rin.....

scripted nga pero you dont know what will happen next kaya may suspense pa rin.....sabi nga nila wwe is the soap for the guys!!!!!

after the smoke is gone, after all dust settled wwe rulezzzz!!!

it's true , it's true...

and that's the bottom line.....

game over........

siguro minsan nga nagiging boring ang ufc kapag matagal na nagyayakapan at wala masyadong nangyayari. but "boring" is a relative term. i find it more boring to watch a match that's trying to appear as a real competion.

the reason you don't see someone "fly" in ufc is because it's a real sports fight.

after a fight, bati-bati sa ufc kasi sports yon. sa wwe, bati-bati din sila kasi in the first place, di sila magkaaway at di sila nagaway.

--

tabachoi, pasensya lang at sumisingit ako dito sa thread mo ha? kilala mo naman ako at hindi ako hanap-away. palitan lang ng salita para mas makulay ang mundo. hehehe! :)

di naman ako namba-bad trip at lalong di ako naba-bad trip. peace to every wwe fans! :)

ang maganda kasi sa ufc is the fact na totoo sya...pero minsan pag hindi magaling ang naglalaban 10 minutes na silang nagyayakapan wla pa ring nangyayaring maganda nkaka bore tuloy minsan...saka sa ufc you wont see someone FLY WITHOUT WINGS, defying the law of gravity.....and after the fights bati-bati na yung sa ufc eh sa wwe before, while and after the match away pa rin.....

scripted nga pero you dont know what will happen next kaya may suspense pa rin.....sabi nga nila wwe is the soap for the guys!!!!!

after the smoke is gone, after all dust settled wwe rulezzzz!!!

it's true , it's true...

and that's the bottom line.....

game over........

siguro minsan nga nagiging boring ang ufc kapag matagal na nagyayakapan at wala masyadong nangyayari. but "boring" is a relative term. i find it more boring to watch a match that's trying to appear as a real competion.

the reason you don't see someone "fly" in ufc is because it's a real sports fight.

after a fight, bati-bati sa ufc kasi sports yon. sa wwe, bati-bati din sila kasi in the first place, di sila magkaaway at di sila nagaway.

--

tabachoi, pasensya lang at sumisingit ako dito sa thread mo ha? kilala mo naman ako at hindi ako hanap-away. palitan lang ng salita para mas makulay ang mundo. hehehe! :)

di naman ako namba-bad trip at lalong di ako naba-bad trip. peace to every wwe fans! :)

ok lang yon saint. para din tong "Do you believe in God?" thread. para sa mga believers at non-believers hehehe

Wrestling is not fake, but rather it is SCRIPTED and CHOREOGRAPHED. Buti nga ganito para walang career-ending mishaps. And also, what job can you find wherein you can punch, kick, hurt your boss on national TV and get paid for doing it?! B)

di ko nasabi yung word na fake pero kung may nagsabi man siguro nun, ang ibig lang niyang sabihin e yung sinabi mo rin, scripted and choreographed. fake ang alitan. fake ang competition. everything is fake except for the stunts siempre.

may namatay na sa wwf di ba? nakalimutan ko na pangalang pero isa yata sa Hart brothers... di ba tutoo yon?

pero ok nga yon. sana pwede rin natin sapakin ang boss natin! :lol:

... You guys are so young! ...

hehe oo nga...

may nakakaalala ba kay Inuki? di ko alam kung tama yung spelling... pero hapon siya. ang tanda ko e na-body slam niya si Andre the Giant. baka di niyo rin kilala si Andre? hmmm... ano kaya average age ng mga wrestling afficionados ngayon?

naabutan niyo pa ba si Iron Shiek?

[quote name=tabachoi[-^_^-],Mar 17 2003, 05:05 PM] ok lang yon saint. para din tong "Do you believe in God?" thread. para sa mga believers at non-believers hehehe

tamang-tama pala. mukhang maraming believers dito e. at least may kokontra sa inyo. huwag niyo lang ako ia-ambush pag nagkita-kita tayo sa eb ha? baka si rockhard, mag "fly without wings" at bagsakan ako habang hawak niyo mga kamay at paa ko. masakit yon! :(

:lol:

Saint, it's actually Inoki, and I think he was called the Pelican or something because of his chin. And he had great matches not just with Andre the Giant but with Hulk Hogan as well, all in Japan. I don't think he ever wrestled in the US. Si Andre at si Hulk, mga bad guys sa Japan yan noong araw, especially the late Andre. Part of the script. That was before the Andre-Hulk Hogan feud on WWF. Those fights never lasted long, but the drama was always there. And as far as drama is concerned, how about that fight between Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior; after the fight, when Macho Man lost, his female manager attacks him. Elizabeth comes running to his rescue. Then Macho Man and Elizabeth hug in the end and everyone in the stadium is in tears. They apparently have very good writers at WWF/WWE. That move to make Vince MacMahon a villain (nag-aaway pa sila ng asawa niya, kuno) was a master stroke.

Yup, Inoki. And I think his ring name was Antonio Inoki. Weird.

However, I still remember a wrestling match they had here in Araneta Coliseum - a long time ago when I was still a boy :)

The final match was Antonio Inoki versus Andrei the Giant. Inoki was the good guy while Andrei was the bad guy. Dang! That Andrei was big. Everybody else looked so small compared to him.

I also remember watching a WWF match a few years back which topbilled Brett Hart versus Owen Hart. It was great ... scripted but great ... I watched another one of their matches on TV and the moves were almost exactly the same - Brett gets hit in the knee by Owen, he limps around the ring and finally pins Owen using the same move.

hinde scripted ang wrestling!!! totoo yun! :angry: muka bang peke si undertaker? lakas nun e! kahit si ultimate warrior at hulk hogan hindi kaya patumbahin siya e... :boo:

speaking of ultimate warrior and hulk hogan, it think their match was one of the classics haay galing talaga nila gumawa ng story.

jt2003 and lexraven,

tnx. may mga nakakaalala pa pala. actually mas natatandaan niyo pa nga yata kesa sa akin. :)

i think you two are older than I am! hehehe!

si tabachoi, malapit lang edad namin e. pero di niya yata matandaan si Inoki. tama ba tabachoi?

hehehe mga tol, siguro boring kung nanunuod kayo. pero pag kayo yung naggagrapple, di mo mapapansin yung oras hehehe, pagkatapos nyong mag grapple, wala ka ng lakas. kasi kahit nagaakapan kayo at nagsasakalan at mukhang nakarelax lang, humihila ka pa rin at nageexert ng force sa kalaban mo... sarap nga e pagtapos na kayo e pawis na pawis ka na at pagod na pagod. sarap uli magpamasahe :lol:

siguro minsan nga nagiging boring ang ufc kapag matagal na nagyayakapan at wala masyadong nangyayari.  but "boring" is a relative term.  i find it more boring to watch a match that's trying to appear as a real competion.

hehehe mga tol, siguro boring kung nanunuod kayo. pero pag kayo yung naggagrapple, di mo mapapansin yung oras hehehe, pagkatapos nyong mag grapple, wala ka ng lakas. kasi kahit nagaakapan kayo at nagsasakalan at mukhang nakarelax lang, humihila ka pa rin at nageexert ng force sa kalaban mo... sarap nga e pagtapos na kayo e pawis na pawis ka na at pagod na pagod. sarap uli magpamasahe :lol:

exactly. there's more to appreciate because you know that they are really battling it out. they wouldn't last in that position if one of them is stupid. it's because they both know their arts well that it's really hard for one to exploit the other.

teka, ba't parang ang dating ng post mo e nag-gra-grapple ka din. are you practicing Gracie Jiu-Jitsu or something?

hehehe, we studied that when ufc 1 & 2 came out. our sensei was a blackbelt in kickboxing, aikido and judo. kami ginawang mga guinea pigs hehehe

pag nagspasparring e kickboxing sa standing position, judo sa close contact and grappling agad hehehe, kakapagod lalo na pag umabot ng 10 minutes :D

pero outdated na yung mga techniques namin kasi dami ng mga variations ngayon, pati mga sampo fighters nga e me grappling styles na rin :D have u watched k1 braves? or similar fights?

Edited by pardonme
hehehe, we studied that when ufc 1 & 2 came out. our sensei was a blackbelt in kickboxing, aikido and judo. kami ginawang mga guinea pigs hehehe

pag nagspasparring e kickboxing sa standing position, judo sa close contact and grappling agad hehehe, kakapagod lalo na pag umabot ng 10 minutes :D

pero outdated na yung mga techniques namin kasi dami ng mga variations ngayon, pati mga sampo fighters nga e me grappling styles na rin :D have u watched k1 braves? or similar fights?

yan mas ok!

imbes na manood ka ng wrestling or ufc! :D

hindi ko pa napapanood yung k1. meron ba sa cable? or kailangan humiran ng tape/vcd?

speaking of ultimate warrior and hulk hogan, it think their match was one of the classics haay galing talaga nila gumawa ng story.

I don't know how many times the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan fought. Malas ko lang I never saw that match when the Ultimate Warrior won the championship from Hogan. Ito ba yung match na nagyakapan pa sila sa huli?