Best Nation In Basketball

argentina may teamwork kc cla natalo cla ng us kc di naglaro ung apat na player nila na naglalaro sa nba..ang us kc puro pa showtym na :rolleyes:

i doubt it last year they were beaten by the us team kahit nandoon pa ung primetime players nila. kung pa show time lang sila this year di sana di sila nagchampion sa tournament of the americas.

OK... i stand corrected.. that was the time when kukoc was the best player in Europe? aty??

I remember that game where Jordan and Pippen limited Kukoc to just 4 points. At that time, asar sila kay Toni Kukoc kasi inofferan ng mas malaki ito ni Jerry Krausse. Si Pippen kasi at that underpaid as a player.

Phils. syempre, love your own, height lang kulang natin. hehe.

But really now, no questions, hands down, USA STILL REIGNS.

Yes the rest of the world is catching up, but until they produce the likes of Chamberlain, Erving, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and Anthony, i doubt they will catch-up. Teamwork is relative.

QUESTION: With all the factors right now and after seeing legends in basketball, how come no other country produces talents in the caliber of Kobe, Lebron and Anthony?

Until then USA will remain no. 1 in basketball.

Phils. syempre, love your own, height lang kulang natin. hehe.

But really now, no questions, hands down, USA STILL REIGNS.

Yes the rest of the world is catching up, but until they produce the likes of Chamberlain, Erving, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and Anthony, i doubt they will catch-up. Teamwork is relative.

QUESTION: With all the factors right now and after seeing legends in basketball, how come no other country produces talents in the caliber of Kobe, Lebron and Anthony?

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Duncan is from Virgin Islands, Dirk from Germany, Nash from Canada, all MVPs. even Hakeem Olajuwon came from Congo(?)

not to mention future greats like Tony Parker and manu Ginobili.

sa akin lng nauna USA magkaroon ng basketball comapred to other countries kaya nakapagproduce na sila ng maraming legends...

and basketball is not a one man sport team yan kaya best cguro right know is argentina although di ako fan ng argentina

in terms of record siyempre mas mataas record nila compared to other countries who just recently been winning kasi nga nauna sila magcompete in international competition compared to other countires.

opinion ko lng yun mga sir

• 2 months later...

Historically, USA has been the dominant team in the Olympics. They lost just 5 games since basketball was introduced in the Olympics

- the controversial 1972 finals against USSR

- losing to USSR again the 1988 semifinals; USA (led by David Robinson and Mitch Richmond) finished 3rd

But the bad news is, 3 of those 5 losses hapenned in the last 2004 games (against Puerto Rico, Lithuania, and Argentina)

Look out for Russia though in the next Olympics. They havent been to finals since 1988 (still USSR), when they won over Yugoslavia. Members of that star-studded USSR team include Aleksandr Volkov, Sarunas Marciulionis, Arvydas Sabonis, and Rimas Kurtanaitis. They defeated a Yugoslavian team (before the spilt up) composed of Toni Kukoc, (the late) Drazen Petrovic, and Vlade Divac.

A USA-Russia finale in the 2008 games would be something to watch out for! Last time these 2 teams met in the finals was ... well, back in 1972

Lithuania has finished either 3rd or 4th since they started participating as a nation in 1992 (that's 4 Olympics to date), so they are certainly a team to reckon with. Well, that is assuming they do well in the pre-Olympic qualifying tournament (which I think they will)

And of course, defending champion Argentina will have it's "A team" available. Spain is still a dangerous team, and you can never discount China (homecourt advantage).

For sure, the upcoming Olympic basketball tournament will be one of the most exciting in years - no team is really guaranteed to get the gold medal.

• 1 month later...

Realistically I would say it's the U.S., BUT if you go by the winner of World Cup-type international tournaments I would say it has to be Spain, the reigning World Champs.

In the 2006 FIBA World Championships, the Spainards won the Gold medal by beating Greece 70-47. The US defeated Argentina 96-81 for the Bronze.

RP national team!!! hahaha

talent wise xempre US pren... and besides USA wasn't able to send there top players in 2004... with a more cohesive line up for this years Olympic games i think USA will win the gold again... with The Mamba,, King James,, J-Kidd,, D12 and Melo in the starting line up followed by Mr. Big Shot,, TChand,, The Palace Prince,, Silky,, HellBoy,, D-Will and Mike Miller c'mon...

i do think they should replace Mike Miller with D-Wade,, CP3 for D-Will (sorry deron fans),, CB4 for tayshaun....

USA all the way!!! ( I hope) :thumbsupsmiley: