Manila Ocean Park, Behind Quirino Grandstand

Had the chance to be at the Grand Opening this morning with PGMA as the guest of honor.

Pix are taken from my phone cam... I just want to share this... it has great potentials as soon as the project is completed.. just the same, it's good that we have a new theme park to explore. I like the middle part of the tour the most... when you enter the tunnel, :) refer to the last pic posted :)

post-94628-1204276016.jpg

post-94628-1204276034.jpg

post-94628-1204276053.jpg

post-94628-1204276097.jpg

post-94628-1204276158.jpg

Had the chance to be at the Grand Opening this morning with PGMA as the guest of honor.

Pix are taken from my phone cam... I just want to share this... it has great potentials as soon as the project is completed.. just the same, it's good that we have a new theme park to explore. I like the middle part of the tour the most... when you enter the tunnel, :) refer to the last pic posted :)

OT

Uy close sila ni GMA..

not OT.

I only saw two of these (Sentosa and Sydney Darling Harbor), both have moving pathways. Though you are not allowed to use the flash of your camera.

I think this will be the best tourist attraction Manila has to offer.

how much ba entrance dito?

i'm not sure kung bakit down na yung website nila pero i had a chance to visit their site kasi nga interested ako pumunta to take pictures. what they posted there was Php400 for adults and Php200 for kids (i can't recall if may height requirement).

ito yung link ng official website nila pero it's currently down:

Manila Ocean Park Official Website

Here's another link with good articles and pictures about the Manila Ocean Park:

Click Here

It's good to see this finally got constructed kasi i already saw this on the masterplan of Boulevard 2000 when i was doing my thesis in college way back in 1999. Along with that masterplan was the creation of MOA and other developments along Roxas Boulevard.

i'm not sure kung bakit down na yung website nila pero i had a chance to visit their site kasi nga interested ako pumunta to take pictures. what they posted there was Php400 for adults and Php200 for kids (i can't recall if may height requirement).

ito yung link ng official website nila pero it's currently down:

Manila Ocean Park Official Website

Here's another link with good articles and pictures about the Manila Ocean Park:

Click Here

It's good to see this finally got constructed kasi i already saw this on the masterplan of Boulevard 2000 when i was doing my thesis in college way back in 1999. Along with that masterplan was the creation of MOA and other developments along Roxas Boulevard.

Yung exterior part di pa masyadong maayos, kala mo di pa tapos when you are approaching MOP, but once you enter the hall, maganda na, upon exit feeling nyo palabas ka ng airport ..... with matching manila bay in the bakground :)

post-94628-1204338039.jpg

post-94628-1204338084.jpg

Edited by sikret_prend
Is the park open to the general public na? or sa april pa ba?

MOP is already open to the public since yesterday March 1, 2008...as previously posted (page 2 here) the MOP is still 40% finished. The mall and the hotel will open 2009 while the Open Maring Habitat (for snorkeling and scuba diving) will open mid-2008.

400 pesos entrance fee of MOP is the cheapest in Asia compared to other oceanariums (Singapore/Malaysia/HK/Thailand) which is more than a thousand pesos.

MOP is already open to the public since yesterday March 1, 2008...as previously posted (page 2 here) the MOP is still 40% finished. The mall and the hotel will open 2009 while the Open Maring Habitat (for snorkeling and scuba diving) will open mid-2008.

400 pesos entrance fee of MOP is the cheapest in Asia compared to other oceanariums (Singapore/Malaysia/HK/Thailand) which is more than a thousand pesos.

Given that 40% pa lang is finished, worth na ba to pay P400 to see it?

Given that 40% pa lang is finished, worth na ba to pay P400 to see it?

yes, worth naman ang 400 pesos because for that amount you'll get to see the whole Oceanarium....the Oceanarium is 100% complete....the 40% incomplete comprises unfinished exteriors of the structure, the planned hotel and marine-themed mall and the Open Maring Habitat. of course the mall is free while the Open Marine Habitat has its own entrance fee which will open mid-2008.

I was here early last Saturday-- by 11am the place was already packed and it was a bit tight going around the first 2 habitats.

Yep, it's still a long way to go before they complete the whole place and I'll probably check it out again in 6 months time.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but I was kinda disappointed-- sure, the entrance fee to Oceanpark HK and the aquariums at Sentosa in SG are a whole lot more pricey, but you really got your money's worth. The one in Manila has smaller tanks (which made me pity the fish) and there's still not much to it besides the aquariums.

I guess I'll just wait for the open marine habitat to open before I give my opinion again-- at least this should be unique and it'll be the thing that'll set it apart from the ones in SG, HK and KL.

I was here early last Saturday-- by 11am the place was already packed and it was a bit tight going around the first 2 habitats.

Yep, it's still a long way to go before they complete the whole place and I'll probably check it out again in 6 months time.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but I was kinda disappointed-- sure, the entrance fee to Oceanpark HK and the aquariums at Sentosa in SG are a whole lot more pricey, but you really got your money's worth. The one in Manila has smaller tanks (which made me pity the fish) and there's still not much to it besides the aquariums.

I guess I'll just wait for the open marine habitat to open before I give my opinion again-- at least this should be unique and it'll be the thing that'll set it apart from the ones in SG, HK and KL.

I share your sentiments...

I was also there yesterday March 2, Sunday after lunch...long queue awaited us which started from the street

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/pinoybiscuits7001/03022008643.jpg

the place is still under finishing touches...pretty half-baked

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/pinoybiscuits7001/03022008648.jpg

that's me !

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/pinoybiscuits7001/03022008651.jpg

this is the concourse plaza will held concerts and shows in the future

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/pinoybiscuits7001/03022008659.jpg

most of the corals and the fishes are there as seen in other oceanariums abroad

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/pinoybiscuits7001/03022008697.jpg

I was disappointed to see fishes inside the Tunnel , although plentiful but are of smaller sizes, I was expecting to see fishes that are of the huge sizes seen in other oceanariums abroad, perhaps it was understandable since it's the first oceanarium in the Philippines, fishes has more time to grow and the place literally should have more room for improvement.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/pinoybiscuits7001/03022008753.jpg

my sidenotes: my only criticism is on the rudeness of some of the staff, the place was overcrowded which understandably the reason for the discourteous attitude of some of the employees blurting out 'no flash photography' lots of times in a rude manner. Flash photography aren't permitted at the MOP due to reasons on the change in the fish behavior and disturbance...flash photography is not an issue in Ocean Park Hong Kong Atol Reef/Shark Tanks and Underwater World in Sentosa, Singapore or maybe they grew tired of restraining the guest.

overall it's still educational specially for those who will see an oceanarium for the first time. best to bring the whole family even if the place is still half baked. Senior citizens pay only 320 pesos, 400 pesos is the regular fee for adults, 350 for children.

Edited by Anaheim

meron pa isang photo nakalimutan ko i-post...Giant Japanese Spider Crabs. isa lang sya sa MOP

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj276/dcrj7001/DSC07659.jpg

same Giant Spider Crabs found in Underwater Wold sa Singapore (photo below) nilagay ko yung pics ko para makita yung scale size ng crab....may flash yung pic na yan sa baba kaya maliwanag, hindi bawal ang flash photography sa underwater world sa singapore, Pilipinas lang masyadong maarte eh tsk tsk tsk

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj276/dcrj7001/DSC07583.jpg

I copy-pasted my postings from here ==> http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/20...mment-105546340

here's my additional say on this...

I was at the MOP last Sunday March 2, 2008. My only criticism is the prohibition of using flash photography inside the MOP oceanarium. I have been using the flash of my camera inside the oceanariums in Singapore's Underwater World, Kuala Lumpur's Aquaria, Ocean Park Hong Kong's Atol Reef/Shark Tank. The reason from the staffs of MOP is that sudden flashes of light scares the teeny weeny miniscule adudu adada fishes, okay ... I am all for that but why shout it in a rude manner. The employees inside the MOP should be trained more to give courtesy to all of the guests, afterall...there is no reason for them to be discourteous specially the ones inside the Tunnel of 'Buhay na Karagatan' geez ! Understandably it was overcrowded and the lack of a 'walkalator' inside the tunnel 'stagnates' the crowd just like in a bottle neck traffic jam, yet still the employees should have at least the patience to deal with the chaotic crowd.

Exteriors of the MOP is still unfinished and the planned hotel and mall construction isn't even initiated yet, the Open Marine Habitat is still under construction. All of the overall experience of an oceanarium is still hal-baked although the oceanarium itself is complete but I was disappointed with the Tunnel for it contains small fish varieties compared to the huge fishes in the oceanariums abroad. I bought MOP tshirts afterwards as I routinely do in other oceanariums but the tshirt staff didn't gave me a receipt...double geez ! ah yes, this is the Philippines where you can purchase items without a receipt, oh dear !

The journey even though half-baked is still enjoyable specially if you bring your whole family with you but to emulate the experience from other oceanariums abroad still lacks enthusiam at the MOP. Another thing, at the Touch pool, how can you appreciate the sea life creature if you don't take them away from the water?! The lady staff managed to give me a holler after I mimicked Mel Tiangco seen at the YouTube I posted above. oh well, Pinoys are still the friendliest peeps on the planet compared to the rude suckers in HK hehehe.