Your Travel Journal

Guest batabatuta

Here's my list of international destinations I've visited over the years not counting stop-overs:

Asia and the Middle East

Singapore (I lived there for 3 years)

Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Jakarta, Bali and Bintan Island, Indonesia

Bangkok, Thailand

Phnom Pehn, Cambodia

Hanoi, Vietnam

Vientiene, Laos

Tokyo and Osaka, Japan

Seoul, South Korea

Hong Kong

Abu Dhabi and Dubai, UAE

Manama, Bahrain

Kuwait City, Kuwait

Riyadh and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Mumbai, India

Europe

London and Manchester, England (I stayed in London for 3 months)

Frankfurt and Bonn, Germany

Bern and Geneva, Switzerland

The Hague and Amsterdam, Netherlands

Madrid, Barcelona and Marbella, Spain

Rome and Milan, Italy

Paris, France

Athens, Greece

United States

San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego, California (I also stayed in SF for 3 months)

White Plains, Buffalo and New York City, New York

Trenton and Morristown, New Jersey

Washington DC

Reston and Alexandria, Virginia

Baltimore, Maryland

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Honolulu, Hawaii

York, Maine

Boston, Massachusetts

Others

Guam

Sydney, Australia

Toronto, Canada

Cairo, Egypt

Di ko na maalala yung iba . . . :huh:

Sa RP,

Northernmost is Ilocos Norte (para-sailing sa Fort Ilocandia was unforgettable)

Southernmost is Bohol

In between, most of the tourist sites.

Still planning to go to Mindanao.

Outside RP,

Singapore (3x)

KL (2x for Formula 1)

Genting Highlands

Guangzhou, China

HK

Here's my list :) :

Italy: Rome, Florence, Pisa, Vatican, Venice, Milan (vacation)

Germany: Berlin, Frankfurt (vacation)

Sweden: Vallasen (ski trip)

Austria: Vienna (vacation)

Spain: Barcelona (vacation)

Scotland: Edinburgh (vacation)

England: London, Winsor, Bath (vacation)

France: Paris (vacation)

Finland: Helsinki (work)

Denmark: Copenhagen (work)

Taiwan (study/vacation)

Hong Kong (vacation)

Malaysia: KL (vacation)

China: Shenzhen, Shanghai (vacation)

well I have been to many countries like the States, Canada, Australia, Most of Asia etc.

Personally I feel that the best place in the world and that is if you intend to migrate is the

British Columbia. I was in Vancouver and then Victoria Island and I was mesmerized by

the entire place. The people are so friendly. They are white but no racial discrimination,

not like the States, Austrlia especially. The entire place is scenic. Whether you go to

the mountains of Whistler or see Whales in Victoria Island, having a seafood platter along

the Bay, doing horseriding in Parmatton itt is unbelievable. The fruits are abundant and fresh.

I can just consume the cherries and the strawberry in bulk without worrying about the price.

You just want to go back again and again.

For the States you have to go to New York and of course Manhatten and Broadway. The energy

and the life is uncomparable in all the world. But to warn you, it is a very souless country.

It is teeming with people but folks there are extremely lonely. Of course ifyou can go to

Niagara fall, it will bring back some life into your soul.

Australia is ok but they people are idiots. They are so racial. Yes they dare not show it but

you are sense it and see it especially outside of Sydney. I will go for British Columbia anytime

over Austrlia. In terms of people, scenery, accomodation, British Columbia comes out first.

In Asia, Hongkie, Korean cannot speak english, like thailand, Indonesia. For Filipino if you want to enjoy your

holiday Singapore, Malaysia will be good because they speak english quite fluently

So my pick:

Canada

States

the REst

• 1 month later...

local:

baguio (benguet), pangasinan, nueva vizcaya, zambales, tarlac, bataan, pampanga,bulacan, metro manila, laguna, cavite, batangas, oriental mindoro, camarines sur, albay, palawan, cebu, bohol

foreign:

japan : tokyo, kyoto, nara, shizuoka, ibaraki, nagoya, okinawa, ishigaki, iriomote, taketomi, hateruma

italy: rome, florence, pisa, venice, trieste, udine, cividale del friuli

stopovers : bangkok, kuwait, taipei

Edited by shadowspy
Guest globetrotter

local:baguio, tagaytay, batangas, cebu, palawan, bohol, subic, bukidnon,laguna,bulacan, nueva ecija

foreign: austria(vienna), germany(frankfurt,munich),france(paris, grenoble, lyon), malta, singapore, japan(tokyo, nagoya,okinawa), south korea(seoul), thailand(bangkok,chiang mai), taiwan(taipei, kaohsiung,taichung), HK, indonesia(batam, jakarta), malaysia (KL,malacca,seramban,JB,muar), netherlands(amsterdam,nijmegen,eindhoven), china (shenzen, shanghai, dongguan)

philippines: aklan, tagaytay, capiz, cebu, davao, pangasinan, pampanga, baguio, tarlac

europe: germany (frankfurt, munich), austria (salzburg, innsbruck), france (paris, giverny, versailles), switzerland (lucerne), italy (florence, milan, rome, assisi, pisa), vatican city, england (london)

asia: hong kong/kowloon, macau, china, philippines

north america: united states (california, nevada, arizona, washington, washington d.c., new york, new jersey, florida); mexico (ensenada, cozumel, tijuana, cabo san lucas)

carribean: cayman islands, jamaica

Local:

Ilocos Norte

Ilocos Sur

Vigan

Pagudpud

Pangasinan

Cabanatuan

Tarlac

Pampanga

Bulacan

Batangas

Cavite

Tagaytay

Puerto Galera

Lucena

Bicol

Cebu

Bohol

Camiguin

Cagayan De Oro

International:

HongKong

China - SuZhou and Shanghai

Singapore

Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur and Penang

India - Bangalore and Goa

US - Ohio, Arizona, Oregon, Washington State and LA California

wish ko Canada, Switzerland, Europe and Holy Land... soon!

well I have been to many countries like the States, Canada, Australia, Most of Asia etc.

Personally I feel that the best place in the world and that is if you intend to migrate is the

British Columbia.  I was in Vancouver and then Victoria Island and I was mesmerized by

the entire place.  The people are so friendly.  They are white but no racial discrimination,

not like the States, Austrlia especially.  The entire place is scenic.  Whether you go to

the mountains of Whistler or see Whales in Victoria Island, having a seafood platter along

the Bay, doing horseriding in Parmatton itt is unbelievable.  The fruits are abundant and fresh.

I can just consume the cherries and the strawberry in bulk without worrying about the price.

For the States you have to go to New York and of course Manhatten and Broadway.  The energy

and the life is uncomparable in all the world.  But to warn you, it is a very souless country.

It is teeming with people but folks there are extremely lonely.  Of course ifyou can go to

Australia is ok but they people are idiots.  They are so racial.  Yes they dare not show it but

you are sense it and see it especially outside of Sydney.  I will go for British Columbia anytime

over Austrlia.  In terms of people, scenery, accomodation, British Columbia comes out first.

In Asia, Hongkie, Korean cannot speak english, like thailand, Indonesia.  For Filipino if you want to enjoy your

holiday Singapore, Malaysia will be good because they speak english quite fluently

So my pick:

Canada

States

the REst

Generally, I'd agree with you - except for the "souless" part. You just have to goto the right places. Even downtown New York, in the heart of the financial district, there is life, and soul. But to a tourist it may not come through. New York is a vibrant city, with a different view of itself and the world. Don't write it off.

Chicago, New Orleans, St. Louis, Denver, Seattle, the San Francisco East Bay area (Oakland, Berkeley) are all cities that are well known as lively cities with great neighborhoods. But you have to get below the surface. Go where the locals go, hang where they hang, do what they do. Tourist stuff is for tourists - and yes, it can be soulless. What do you expect from people who KNOW they'll never see you again, and who KNOW you'll never make the effort to stay in touch?

This country is a world of contradictions and opposites. For every bad, there's at least one good (usually more than one). There are grand landscapes and homey cityscapes. Statesmen and us po' folks. Busy, bustling, crowded cities and serene, solitary retreats. But they don't have to be lonely - only YOU can make them that.

Has anybody been to Malta? It's such a small island but you should see the girls. Umaga palang naka bikina na. And the cuisine, sarap! A lot of old ruins to explore, the beaches are OK. There are places to go snokeling. Kaya lang, marami ring Libyano, makukulit din yung iba. :lol:

philippines: pangasinan, la union, baguio city, benguet, ifugao, kalinga-apayao, cagayan, isabela, n. ecija, tarlac, bataan, pampanga, corregidor, bulacan, metro manila, cavite, batangas, laguna, or. mindoro, quezon, cebu, davao, south cotobato, gensan, zamboanga and basilan.

europe: germany (frankfurt, munich), france (paris, lourdes/tarbes, normandy, bordeaux, versailles and marseilles), switzerland (zurich), uk (london), macedonia (skopje and gevgelija), greece (athens, thessaloniki, halkidiki and crete), serbia-montenegro (belgrade, pristina, mitrovica, prizren, pec, gjilane, budva, and medjugorje), croatia (dubrovnik), czech rep (prague), hungary (budapest) and russia (novosibirsk).

asia: hong kong/kowloon, macau, china (guangzhou and guandong), thailand (bangkok), singapore, indonesia (jakarta and bali) and timor leste.

usa: cali (san francisco, los angeles, monterrey and sacramento), wash (seatle), new mexico (carlsbad), nevada (salt lake city), texas (dallas, ft worth, arlington, houston, austin and padre island), lousiana (new orleans), new jersey (newark, bergenfield and edison), new york (manhattan, queens, brooklyn, staten island, annapolis and west point), maryland (baltimore), wash d.c., mass (boston) and virginia (norfolk).

central america: haiti (port au prince)

siyempre walang tatalo sa pinas at sa pinay! :cool: :wub:

...except for certain topless and nude beaches in asia and europe! :boo: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ^arianne^

I've been to most provinces in Luzon, Visayas and Half of Mindanao

I've also been to Canada, Australia, Denmark, Dubai, Jerusalem, Saipan, Burma, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Hongkong, Malaysia.

I would love to see Europe, hopefully next year :)

Philippines: Tagaytay, Baguio, Banawe, Puero Galera, Tarlac, Subic, Legaspi

Asia: Honk Kong, Japan - Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo, Kyoto, Fukuoka

USA: San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, New York, Minneapolis, presently in Boston

Wala pa ring tatalo sa Pinas!

Local:

1.Baguio (The nest place to relax)

2.Tagaytay (2nd to Baguio)

3.Cebu (Historic place and lots of yummy food)

4.Subic (Beach & Shopping)

5.Clark (Shopping)

6.Batangas (Lots of nice beches)

7.Boracay (Do i still need to say its a paradise?)

8.Pangasinan (More beaches)

9.Laguna (Hot Spring and walang kamatayang Buko pie & Espasol)

10.Manila (Largest and most awesome malls in the whole world)

Foreign:

1.Hongkong (Used to be haven for shopping but right now what they got we got it here, maybe better)

2.Singapore (Very clean place, expensive food though. Still a nice country to visit)

3.China (Shenzen-nothing special, Beijing-love the great wall, nice to buy decors for the house)

British Columbia.  I was in Vancouver and then Victoria Island and I was mesmerized by

the entire place.  The people are so friendly.  They are white but no racial discrimination,

not like the States, Austrlia especially.  The entire place is scenic.  Whether you go to

the Bay, doing horseriding in Parmatton itt is unbelievable.  The fruits are abundant and fresh.

For the States you have to go to New York and of course Manhatten and Broadway.  The energy

and the life is uncomparable in all the world.  But to warn you, it is a very souless country.

It is teeming with people but folks there are extremely lonely.  Of course ifyou can go to

Australia is ok but they people are idiots.  They are so racial.  Yes they dare not show it but

you are sense it and see it especially outside of Sydney.  I will go for British Columbia anytime

over Austrlia.  In terms of people, scenery, accomodation, British Columbia comes out first.

In Asia, Hongkie, Korean cannot speak english, like thailand, Indonesia.  For Filipino if you want to enjoy your

So my pick:

Canada

States

the REst

Sorry, just have to get my two cents in...

First. No question about it, Vancouver is a lovely place. And for that matter, so is the whole of Canada. And the people? Just as lovely as their city/country. But to say that there is no discrimination whatsoever is being naive.

But what's even worse is you generalizing Australians to be idiots and racists. Just like the Canadians, I have found the Aussies to be lovely people. Lovely too as their country is. However, just like everywhere else, one can still find bigots here discriminating against other people/races.

Heck, you can even find racists in Manila. So one should not generalize. That's all I'm saying...

Second. You aren't Filipino aren't you? Otherwise you wouldn't have phraised your last sentence as such.

Third. And just in case you are wondering, (and lest the mods get angry for not sticking to the subject of the thread) I've been fortunate enough to have gone to those places I am arguing about.