Office Romance

Tell me:

1. Pag may type ka ba sa office, popormahan mo agad? Kakaibiganin, kikilanin, babakuran, popormahan, liligawan? O dahil sa rule(?) na "You don't sh*t were you eat", marami ka nang mga prospect na pinakawalan kahit na gustong-gustong-gusto mo sya? Yung tipong crush na crush mo talaga tapos feeling mo may chemistry kayo or bagay kayo or feeling mo sya na yung the one pero di mo maligawan kasi katrabaho mo?

2. Office romance, any thoughts will be welcome.

PS. For men, I'd love to hear about your answer in number 1. :)

Fire away!

Edited by *Jessie*

actually na experience ko na to buti na lang din at na control ko pa rin ang self interest ko at na naig ang pagiging frends pa rin namin,

well ngyari to about 2 years ago di ko alam paano nagsimula at first frends lang talaga almost 5 yrs nga kami oficemate yun lang tapos one time nagkabiruan lang tapos yun na di ko na sya tinantanan palibhasa kasi 3 yrs na sya walang lovlife (may asawa na sya pero naka abroad at medyo nagkalaboan sila kasi di na nagpaparamdam yung lalaki) den yun maayos naman yung pagsasama namin kaya lang dumating sa point na oppss mmali ata to.....iba kasi ako makipagkaibigan lalo na pag close ko talaga......kaya siguro naging malambing din sa akin .......buti na lang din at na lipat ako ng ibang department kaya di na kami masyado nagkikita pero i still wish her tha best pa rin at makita na rin sana nya yung tunay na mag mamahal sa kanya................and up to now we still see each other occasionally with some common frends...tnx

office romances are crazy.

pros: convenience. your lunch time are mini dates. effortless ang paghatid / sundo. you guys wont argue about money THAT much because you have an idea how much each other makes.

cons: ang away sa bahay ay umaabot sa opisina. when you guys are out having fun, you will tend to talk about work so bitbit nyo trabaho while on a date. magiging chismis ng opisina ang private matters nyo.

nangyari na saken to like 5x. mejo disastrous but no regrets. yung dalawa minahal ko naman talaga; tumagal naman kame. yung others... hehehe :)

kung mahal mo, why not? walang batas na kinikilala kung mahal mo na.

kung first moves palang, like gusto mo kaibiganin. or kilalanin. or landiin (hehehe), mejo ingat lang.

^^ I agree with sir Raf lalo na sa walang batas

I had one serious relationship with an officemate. i guess one bad thing about it is, walang chance ma-miss nyo ang isa't isa. lalo na kung kasama mo pa sa bahay. hahahaha and mahirap mag-leave ng sabay.

when it comes to pormahan... mas convenient pag officemate. hahahahaha you get to do little crazy surprises easily.

it's always been a no-no sa karamihan, but i think office relationships are for the bold and daring. hahaha

When dating someone new, the common rule of thumb is to keep the relationship under the radar until you decide it's long-term material. This rule is especially important if you're dating a coworker.

But how do you keep an office romance a secret? While career experts generally advise following your company's relationship policy, you should push for getting a significant other if he/she fits into your liking/system.

Should romance with a colleague stay secret if you want peak workplace productivity? Or is it best to circulate the news and stop the corporate rumor mill in its tracks? You choose...thus, one's priority almost always get into the core of the decision.

one thing i think you have to consider is kung gano ka ka-sensitive when it comes to office gossip, especially since kapag pinursue mo ang office romance, ikaw ang topic.

another thing i think that you have to be prepared for is pwede ka maging third wheel without meaning to. people can lie about their relationships unless they are married and unless they have friends in the office that know them personally from way back.

me, i just never cared. :P

i have been in several office relationships, a lot of which i was the third wheel. yeah there's that rule na you shouldn't sh*t where you eat, but how many people really follow that? you may choose to follow it, but your partner may not. unless kilala mo colleagues ng partner mo, you won't hear sh*t about whatever it is that they've been doing in the office.

kagaya ng nabanggit nila, maraming advantage talaga kpag kasama mo sa office ka-relasyon mo.

8 hours with that person is a lot of time. when i was the third wheel, lahat ng office friends namin eh boto samin, so that took care of the office gossip. we stayed at different places so we never really had any arguments to bring at work. away nila dinadala nya sakin :P

from my experience, having an office romance/fling or what not actually improved my performance at work. i mean kahit gano ka-boring at ka-walang kwenta ung work, you have that reason to come to the office. syempre, anjan din yung magpapabida ka sa kanya kaya aayusin mo trabaho mo.

still, ikaw p rin magddecide whether you want to go for it or not.

Edited by dakkon blackblade

Actually, this is quite difficult because of gossip and I'm not really fond of gossip. There was one girl before whom I hit on from the onset but the thing is she resigned after a while and it wasn't because of me. laugh.gif

There was another time when I planned to hit on a receptionist who had a presentable face and a smoking hot body. However, I didn't get the opportunity since hitting on her at the reception would be pretty obvious and I detest being the object of gossip in the office and there wasn't a situation when I could get her alone. She resigned after a month because of another job. Who knows what would have happened had she stayed in the office longer? rolleyes.gif

Hi Mason. Interesting. From what I understand, you really pursue them at work. But in contrary to what usually happens, you stop when they leave. Isnt it usually the other way around when a guy pursues a woman when shes no longer at the same workplace?

Sabi ko na nga ba't si Jessie lang ang makakaisip ng ganitong mga thread e...

Anyway, dating a co-worker to me is like a double-edged sword. On one end, anjan palagi ang tinitipuhan mo, kaya madaling lumandi at landiin ika nga. Pero sa kabilang banda, andaming mga mata ang nakatingin. Kung baga e parang showbiz, once naging identified item na kayo sa office, for sure topic na kayo palagi kada free time. Makwento ko lang, nadate ko dati a few of my co-teachers on different occasions (2 na same department on different grade levels, the other was in High School)--the former, ang hirap kasi iisa lang ang faculty room na pupuntahan ninyo, kaya kada faculty meeting e kasama kami sa agenda... the latter, well, we stayed for about a couple of years, but because we know how to handle tsismis kaya nakatagal kami. Mahirap maging sentro ng atensyon pero masarap din kasi palagi mong makikita si crush.

So ayun, ang natutunan ko e ndi mo makokontrol kung sino matitipuhan mo. Trip mo ka-officemate mo, sige lang, arriba lang, basta handa ka lang maging showbiz sa mga iintriga sa inyo. Pero kung hindi mo kaya maging center of attention sa office, e might as well give up on having a flirting/romantic/sensual relationship with your officemate. Pero sa akin, mas maigi kung popormahan mo ung tipo mong officemate sa labas ng opisina para no holds barred. ^_~ Just my 2 cents.

Sabi ko na nga ba't si Jessie lang ang makakaisip ng ganitong mga thread e...

Anyway, dating a co-worker to me is like a double-edged sword. On one end, anjan palagi ang tinitipuhan mo, kaya madaling lumandi at landiin ika nga. Pero sa kabilang banda, andaming mga mata ang nakatingin. Kung baga e parang showbiz, once naging identified item na kayo sa office, for sure topic na kayo palagi kada free time. Makwento ko lang, nadate ko dati a few of my co-teachers on different occasions (2 na same department on different grade levels, the other was in High School)--the former, ang hirap kasi iisa lang ang faculty room na pupuntahan ninyo, kaya kada faculty meeting e kasama kami sa agenda... the latter, well, we stayed for about a couple of years, but because we know how to handle tsismis kaya nakatagal kami. Mahirap maging sentro ng atensyon pero masarap din kasi palagi mong makikita si crush.

So ayun, ang natutunan ko e ndi mo makokontrol kung sino matitipuhan mo. Trip mo ka-officemate mo, sige lang, arriba lang, basta handa ka lang maging showbiz sa mga iintriga sa inyo. Pero kung hindi mo kaya maging center of attention sa office, e might as well give up on having a flirting/romantic/sensual relationship with your officemate. Pero sa akin, mas maigi kung popormahan mo ung tipo mong officemate sa labas ng opisina para no holds barred. ^_~ Just my 2 cents.

Aba, aba. What do you mean by that Vic na ako lang makakaisip ng ganitong topic? *taas-kilay*

Anyway, I am very glad to see how transparent the responses here. From what I can see, karamihan sa guys golden rule talaga na wag sa office ipursue ang romance.

I am quite swamped lately so I couldnt acknowledge each post. Maybe by weekends.

Keep it coming!

As usual Vic, thank you for being detailed with your thoughts :)

Aba, aba. What do you mean by that Vic na ako lang makakaisip ng ganitong topic? *taas-kilay*

Anyway, I am very glad to see how transparent the responses here. From what I can see, karamihan sa guys golden rule talaga na wag sa office ipursue ang romance.

I am quite swamped lately so I couldnt acknowledge each post. Maybe by weekends.

Keep it coming!

As usual Vic, thank you for being detailed with your thoughts :)

Ndi naman sa ganun... ang ibig kong sabihin e ung topics that caught my attention. There are a lot of topics out there but only a few I put an effort to leave a comment. :)

actually na experience ko na to buti na lang din at na control ko pa rin ang self interest ko at na naig ang pagiging frends pa rin namin,

well ngyari to about 2 years ago di ko alam paano nagsimula at first frends lang talaga almost 5 yrs nga kami oficemate yun lang tapos one time nagkabiruan lang tapos yun na di ko na sya tinantanan palibhasa kasi 3 yrs na sya walang lovlife (may asawa na sya pero naka abroad at medyo nagkalaboan sila kasi di na nagpaparamdam yung lalaki) den yun maayos naman yung pagsasama namin kaya lang dumating sa point na oppss mmali ata to.....iba kasi ako makipagkaibigan lalo na pag close ko talaga......kaya siguro naging malambing din sa akin .......buti na lang din at na lipat ako ng ibang department kaya di na kami masyado nagkikita pero i still wish her tha best pa rin at makita na rin sana nya yung tunay na mag mamahal sa kanya................and up to now we still see each other occasionally with some common frends...tnx

Hi. Well ung iba mukhang nagsisimula sa tuksuhan. I read somewhere that one of the first step to get someone noticw you is to plant an idea to his mind. Of course the result is not guaranteed but it's a step. Pero personally I am glad u stepped back. After all shes married and Im sure the people know it. It's a good way bec you have to protect her. This is when you need to think about the gossips. Thanks for sharing! :)

office romances are crazy.

nangyari na saken to like 5x. mejo disastrous but no regrets. yung dalawa minahal ko naman talaga; tumagal naman kame. yung others... hehehe :)

kung mahal mo, why not? walang batas na kinikilala kung mahal mo na.

kung first moves palang, like gusto mo kaibiganin. or kilalanin. or landiin (hehehe), mejo ingat lang.

Good point. Actually yun yung exeption siguro pag na inlab ka sa girl kaya kahit na sa office pa eh ipupursue mo. Which happens less likely kasi it takes quality time to get someone to eventually fall.for her.

kaya girls ganyan ang technique jan Dapat i-friends mo sya para may chance na madevelop sya sayo pero dapat wag super friends kasi baka mafriendzone ka. :P

Edited by *Jessie*

^^ I agree with sir Raf lalo na sa walang batas

I had one serious relationship with an officemate. i guess one bad thing about it is, walanog chance ma-miss nyo ang isa't isa. lalo na kung kasama mo pa sa bahay. hahahaha and mahirap mag-leave ng sabay.

when it comes to pormahan... mas convenient pag officemate. hahahahaha you get to do little crazy surprises easily.

it's always been a no-no sa karamihan, but i think office relationships are for the bold and daring. hahaha

i had this couple officemate who didnt spend much time together when at work. they didnt even have lunch together. sabay lang sila uuwi. I think it worked for them. Months later, they got married. :)

When I was 21, 22 years old, I worked in a small office where one of the girls started being friendly with me. She was hot, would take me to the movies because I had no money. She taught me to finger her and that night I didn't wash my hand so I'd keep her smell. She'd let me feel the fine pubic hair that went up to her bellybutton. Then suddenly she turned cold and naive as I was, I went after her like a dog in heat. Partly I was really frustrated because she was more sexually experienced than me then and had been telling me about her adventures, and there I was with my tongue hanging out, and I never got any. Anyway, the moral of the story is that everyone at the office probably knew what was going on, and I was a fool of a dog in heat. Not a good office romance at all. Ah, women.

When I was 21, 22 years old, I worked in a small office where one of the girls started being friendly with me. She was hot, would take me to the movies because I had no money. She taught me to finger her and that night I didn't wash my hand so I'd keep her smell. She'd let me feel the fine pubic hair that went up to her bellybutton. Then suddenly she turned cold and naive as I was, I went after her like a dog in heat. Partly I was really frustrated because she was more sexually experienced than me then and had been telling me about her adventures, and there I was with my tongue hanging out, and I never got any. Anyway, the moral of the story is that everyone at the office probably knew what was going on, and I was a fool of a dog in heat. Not a good office romance at all. Ah, women.

Whoa! You will never forget this for the rest of your life. :)

Mahirap. Di mo pwedeng pagsabaysabayin. I was flirting with 3 girls from different departments, discrete lang ang diskarte since mahirap machismis sa office. Makaka score na sana ako when girl no 1 agreed to have dinner with me kasabay ng movie date ko with girl number 3. Ang tagal ko winork out tapos mauwi lang sa wala. Yun pala pinagkaisahan ako they knew all along. Magkasabay pala sa shuttle bus.

• Like (+1) 1