Oh so Resident ka pala dyan. How many years before you become a Singaporean citizen?

Singaporean citizens, permanent residents and work pass holders are considered residents.

From work pass holders, you can apply PR after 6 months. From PR to becoming a citizen, not sure. I’m not checking kasi wala akong plan maging citizen.

• Like (+1) 1

Very interesting GLD is going up still. I am keenly observing that. Prior kasi when market started going down, GLD also goes down. When it goes up, it goes up. In short, tied up sya sa ETF ng mga equities. But now, I think there are more people investing in GLD separately that it creates its own upward moverment despite being weighed down by equity ETFs.

With regards to emotions, OK din yan, in fact that is the normal approach. As long as you acknowledge that down is part of the game and that it will recover again someday and that it does not bring you down. That is key mentally kasi. So good job Don PP! :) Kaya idolo ka ng mga residents dyan sa Orchard Residences eh. :) ;)

What I noticed, during uncertain times like recession, war, trade war, pandemic, etc. GLD is becoming more valuable than most equities.

Walang umiidolo sakin na mga taga Orchard residences...mga taga Orchard tower lang 😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

For my non-retirement account, I pulled the trigger on GLD today Don PP.

Bale from 60% stocks, 20% bonds, 20% cash..my goal is to be adjusted to 50% stocks, 20% cash, 15% bonds, and 15% gold,

Happy investing to y'all!

Non-retirement account

I have started consolidating my non-retirement funds into 1 platform starting Dec of 2017. This helps me know how I am doing for all my non-retirement acounts - college plan, savings plan, business plan, etc. without having to do much calculations. It also keeps it easy for me to make adjustments.

Just curious how I am doing na for all my non-retirement accounts in a historical lookback since that date to now.

This 2-Yr- and-8-mo period is quite balanced because market-wise:

2018 is bad

2019 is good

2020 1H is average

Outcome:

SPY = 28%

MRS = 60%

Analysis: 60% > 28%

Conclusion: MRS beating the market. :lol: :D

tyJVBET.jpg[/size]

anggaling mo, 60% in just 2yrs and 8 months. Gusto ko maging ganyan lahat ng portfolio ko 😂

Dabes dyan pre. Magkano kalakaran dyan? :lol:

Wahahahahaha..wala akong alam dyan 😂😂😂

Me 50% ka na nga GLD pa lang yan, pano pa equities mo. :lol:

Sa mga 2yrs na equities ko 30+% lang yung pinakamataas(XLY)...pero meron akong 4 months pa lang 30% na (KWEB)...at meron din akong 2yrs na pero -6% (IJR) 😂 Actually, IJR at XLV ang ineexpect kong aangat (malaking spike) pag may mass produced na vaccine na 😉 Edited by Papa Popoy

Wahahahahaha..wala akong alam dyan

Sa mga 2yrs na equities ko 30+% lang yung pinakamataas(XLY)...pero meron akong 4 months pa lang 30% na (KWEB)...at meron din akong 2yrs na pero -6% (IJR) Actually, IJR at XLV ang ineexpect kong aangat (malaking spike) pag may mass produced na vaccine na

Ilang platform yan?

Kung isa lang, then you can hit "All Accounts" or something similar for the entire period from start to today.

Here is how to get the total return.

Step 1. Divide your Additions by 2. For example, in Jan 2018, my Total Begin Balance is 45K. Then from that point until now, I had Additions over time from salary and other income of 82K. So 82K / 2 = 41K.

Step 2. Add Total Begin Balance with Step 1 figure. So, 45K + 41K = 86K

Step 3. Caculate your total return during the period by adding these: Interest Income + Dividends + Appreciation. For me, this is 54K.

Step 4. Calculate your return % by dividing your Step 3 by Step 2 figure. So, 54K/86K = 62%. This 62% is very close to my time weighted return of 60% I showed earlier.

To me these 4 steps is a nice check tfrom those returns you see in your platform becasue this method is based on actual results.

Why divide by 2 in Step 1? Because it is a simplified way to distribute your Additions over a period of time. It basically assumes that 50% were added at the beginning of time and hence, you were able to get the full return for that 50%. It also assumes that the other 50% were added at the end of time so it gets 0 return.

The other advantage of this method is it calculates based on total balance, be it cash or stocks. For what good is getting 60% return if that is for only for my equities that ,say for example, is 70% of total balance, while my remaining 30% is in money market earning 1%.

In reality, the total return would of that would be (70 * 60%) + (30 * 1%) = 42 + 0.3 = 42.3%. Not 60%.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Ilang platform yan?

Kung isa lang, then you can hit "All Accounts" or something similar for the entire period from start to today.

Here is how to get the total return.

Step 1. Divide your Additions by 2. For example, in Jan 2018, my Total Begin Balance is 45K. Then from that point until now, I had Additions over time from salary and other income of 82K. So 82K / 2 = 41K.

Step 2. Add Total Begin Balance with Step 1 figure. So, 45K + 41K = 86K

Step 3. Caculate your total return during the period by adding these: Interest Income + Dividends + Appreciation. For me, this is 54K.

Step 4. Calculate your return % by dividing your Step 3 by Step 2 figure. So, 54K/86K = 62%. This 62% is very close to my time weighted return of 60% I showed earlier.

To me these 4 steps is a nice check tfrom those returns you see in your platform becasue this method is based on actual results.

Why divide by 2 in Step 1? Because it is a simplified way to distribute your Additions over a period of time. It basically assumes that 50% were added at the beginning of time and hence, you were able to get the full return for that 50%. It also assumes that the other 50% were added at the end of time so it gets 0 return.

The other advantage of this method is it calculates based on total balance, be it cash or stocks. For what good is getting 60% return if that is for only for my equities that ,say for example, is 70% of total balance, while my remaining 30% is in money market earning 1%.

In reality, the total return would of that would be (70 * 60%) + (30 * 1%) = 42 + 0.3 = 42.3%. Not 60%.

Angtindi, sobrang detalyado..pwede ka nang mag-apply na broker 😂✌️ Pero seriously, anggaling ng analysis mo. Ginagawa ko kasi minomonitor ko lang time-weighted return at actual return. So far, kumikita naman ng konti. Isang platform lang yan. Ok na ako sa isang platform lang, unless mag-iinvest ako sa ibang market. Edited by Papa Popoy

Angtindi, sobrang detalyado..pwede ka nang mag-apply na broker ✌️ Pero seriously, anggaling ng analysis mo. Ginagawa ko kasi minomonitor ko lang time-weighted return at actual return. So far, kumikita naman ng konti. Isang platform lang yan. Ok na ako sa isang platform lang, unless mag-iinvest ako sa ibang market.

I don't have "actual return" sa platform ko, sana meron Don PP. Does it calculate including cash/money market? Kasi nga the time-weighted return is an average of returns as they perform over the time they are held. It is not based on the value, otherwise it will be called value-weighted return. :lol:

best time to buy mga papi

Agree ako dyan Don JBa. Bili rin ako.

I don't have "actual return" sa platform ko, sana meron Don PP. Does it calculate including cash/money market? Kasi nga the time-weighted return is an average of returns as they perform over the time they are held. It is not based on the value, otherwise it will be called value-weighted return. :lol:

Agree ako dyan Don JBa. Bili rin ako.

Merong money-weighted return aside from time-weighted return.

Kumita ka na rin ba sa GLD? Ayaw paawat...taas baba equities pero ang GLD patuloy na tumataas.

• Like (+1) 1

Merong money-weighted return aside from time-weighted return.

Kumita ka na rin ba sa GLD? Ayaw paawat...taas baba equities pero ang GLD patuloy na tumataas.

Bumili ako 8%. I will buy again next month until hit my 15% goal. Onga, pataas ng pataas kaya di pa ako makadagdag. ;)

Strategy ko kasi buy 50% one time, then buy the rest 10% for the next 5 months to hit 100% of my goal of 15%.

• Like (+1) 1

Bumili ako 8%. I will buy again next month until hit my 15% goal. Onga, pataas ng pataas kaya di pa ako makadagdag. ;)

Strategy ko kasi buy 50% one time, then buy the rest 10% for the next 5 months to hit 100% of my goal of 15%.

Sabi ng mga tsismosa mas tataas pa daw ang GLD 😂 naishare ko yung link sa Financial Planning thread..

Ayaw talaga paawat, 59% na..almost 30%ytd.

IJR naman malapit nang magbreak-even...makabili nga dahil mukhang pataas na 😉

Edited by Papa Popoy

Sabi ng mga tsismosa mas tataas pa daw ang GLD naishare ko yung link sa Financial Planning thread..

Ayaw talaga paawat, 59% na..almost 30%ytd.

IJR naman malapit nang magbreak-even...makabili nga dahil mukhang pataas na

So paano ka bumibili ng GLD? Is it via a US platform? Do you transact at night to time the market open? Or is there a Singapore counterpart of GLD (derivative) that mimics GLD performance? If so then you don't need US dollars for that.

So paano ka bumibili ng GLD? Is it via a US platform? Do you transact at night to time the market open? Or is there a Singapore counterpart of GLD (derivative) that mimics GLD performance? If so then you don't need US dollars for that.

May mga platform sa SG na pwedeng bumili outside SG stock market (i.e. US market). Please check below. Nkalagay na Rin dyan ung oras na pwede kang magtransact. Actually, lugi ngayon sa exchange rate, anglakas ng USD + may additional fee. Pero generally, mas maganda mag-invest sa US market kumpara sa SG market, based from experience...ng tsismosangbkapitbahay namin. 😂✌️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.seedly.sg/how-to-buy-us-shares-in-singapore-and-open-brokerage-account/%3Famp%3D1

Edited by Papa Popoy
  • Like (+1) 1

May mga platform sa SG na pwedeng bumili outside SG stock market (i.e. US market). Please check below. Nkalagay na Rin dyan ung oras na pwede kang magtransact. Actually, lugi ngayon sa exchange rate, anglakas ng USD + may additional fee. Pero generally, mas maganda mag-invest sa US market kumpara sa SG market, based from experience...ng tsismosangbkapitbahay namin. ✌️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.seedly.sg/how-to-buy-us-shares-in-singapore-and-open-brokerage-account/%3Famp%3D1

So how do you buy? Do you just pre-order and pre-sell or do you turn on at night (day in US) and trade ? btw, nice Info on link. Is that limited to Singaporeans or can Pinoys from Philippines also create accounts on those platforms?