Living Solo/alone

i used to live alone coz both my parents are working overseas and my sister was still studying in uplb. i must say that it's fun and lonely at the same time. fun kasi no curfew and everything. you can pretty much do whatever you like. but then again, when you come home you have no one to talk to or share anything that happened to you the whole day. :( so now, since my sister transferred to another school here in manila she's living with me na. im happier now! :)

Masaya sa simula coz u gained freedom, u can do whatever u want, be naked in the pad, ask friends over lalo na pag me dala chix, anytime pwede ka dala chix (iwas lang sa madaldal na kapitbahay lalo pag iba iba dala mo hehe), chaka nagagawa mga kawildan coz wala nga ngbabawal hehe... pero sa katagalan, and lalo na pag dumating sa period ng tagtuyot sa chix, superlungkot, wala makausap, always watch tv and internet lang.. gets to be real boring.. one thing more, wala ka savings for sure.. like me.. lalo na my pad was in cainta and my work is in makati, ubos ka sa gasolina..

Right now im staying-in in my office, savings mode muna, i get to save P10k-P12k a month, i have some people to talk to, wala nga lang tv coz kahiya obvious na masyado sa ibang tao. Nkkpagdala pa rin ng chix, minsan minsan nga lang coz un nga mejo kahiya. Im planning to look for another apartment soon, preferably makati area, budget is P5k-P6k, hopefully 2 bedrooms, and hopefully too me parking, even tapat house lang basta medyo safe ang surroundings. Hope somebody could help me find an apartment, and then sa paglilipat na rin nyahaha!

I got my own place way back and its comfy to begin with, the rent is not a basic rent but the amenities and the easy access to the city is what i'm renting for. I like to have my own space, its my sanctuary, I'm a very private person. I rarely bring people in my house, my brother who actually fixes my computer is the only person who has been here. I live with my dog and my help.

The privacy is what i really like, the quietness of home i spend lounging on the sofa and dream about stuff and read. Work here is only temporary and i leave once in awhile but the refuge of my home is something like i cannot buy anywhere around the world.

although i prefer a bigger garage.....4 cars and two scooters are way too much...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I lived alone for almost 6 months now and loving it. Downside is gastos lang talaga, but who cares, I love my freedom. I get to cook, rant my own cooking, watch my fave movies in dvd. I can just lie in my bed whole day without someone bugging me to clean my room, do the dishes or whatever.. I wouldnt trade this set up with all the money that I can save should I live with other people.. (malayo nga lang sa work ko--)

So what factor moved you?

Fear? Shame? Challenge? Liberty?

I'm living alone and its been a blast; first I was hesitant, but will all the freedom who cares; Just try to keep your pads clean hehehehe; I still try to vist my parents during weekdays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

since when im 17 im almost living alone....(lets put it in this way para akong walang family na wala silang pakialam) heheh

then when im 18 nag solo flight na talaga ako (stokwa)

then ayun palipat lipat po ng haus..

but right now sa apartment ko almost 4 yerz na pala ako....

well mahirap sa simula kasi you need to cook (or else wala kang kkainin),do the laudry, clean the haus,obligation for the bills,andun na malungkot din ang mag isa.....but on the other hand ayos din kasi you cn do watever you want but in my case nadisiplina ko rin ang sarili ko....

yeah...been living on my own in a condo...almost 7 years na pala...

love the independence...though yah magastos to be on your own...but at least im responsible for myself and answerable to no one...

but there were several times wherein i had a sort of live-in arrangements with my then gfs...3 instances actually...but only short periods...

Edited by jbond

depends on where you are...

if you are working abroad i would say it is better to be staying with other people. it is better to have a support system, just in case you are sick, get into an accident, for example there will be someone who can help you out.

if you are here in the philippines, living alone gives you time for yourself. and at the same time, you can still visit your family when you need to.

i lived alone for over a year while i was working in the states, and more than anything i learned to handle money. but it also good that i learned how to cook, pay my own bills, take myself to the doctor, etc. it made the transition into married life easier too because i didn't get shocked by the additional responsibility. kasi nga if you can't take care of yourself what more another person, di ba?