When Is The Best Time To Work Out?

@Palakol

haha bro tama nga naman, bakit nga ba ako nakinig kay bayani agbayani amf.

hm.. based on your reactions wala naman ata talagang masama kung mageexcercise ka kahit walang tulog.

the point is, masama ang walang tulog may excercise o wala.

yun nga lang karamihan ng tao ngyn tulad ko parating kulang narin ang tulog, dahil narin sa busy city life

hirap din kasi ako makatulog lalo na ang mentality ko nagsasayang ako ng oras pag natutulog ako.

well sa observation ko, kapag nagjojogging ako nang walang tulog, parang nangangalahati yung stamina ko.

40 minutes of jogging routine ko, pag wala tulog 20 min hingal nako. pero kapag merong tulog 40 min na d pa hingal, feeling ko kaya ko pa kahit 1 hr.

Edited by Fright

I second the motion, Mr. Palakol. 'Di baleng pagod ka, 'wag ka lang kakapusin sa tulog.

For me, it depends on the time of my work. Currently, I work at day so most likely I workout after office hours. Of course, you need to rest first before you begin a workout. If my time of work is different, I would have to adjust my time for workout.

Kung dedicated ka naman na mag-workout, nagagawan naman ng paraan eh. :)

hirap din kasi ako makatulog lalo na ang mentality ko nagsasayang ako ng oras pag natutulog ako.

just think of it this way: sleeping (rest) is half the equation of exercise. i mean, what is the point of training if you're not going to recover from it?

and you're actually wasting more time when you use the internet than when you sleep. haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

me too. 6am! I don't feel tired during the day, and I have so much energy. It's better than having coffee in the morning hehe. and during the day I can also burn my calories. Then at night, I'm so tired when it's already 9pm so I sleep early giving me enough energy for the next day.

• 2 weeks later...
Any opinions or suggestions?

What is an ideal time to hit the gym considering one holds a regular eight-hour job? Is it advisable to do so before or after one's work schedule?

After work, if you're thinking of serious lifting.

But you need to work out only an hour and no more than that.

Since I think you're a beginner, just stick with the basics - bench press, deadlift, back squat, military press, either a pendlay row or power cleans. They build insane strength plus muscles you develop are denser and not flabby like others.

Progress by adding 5 lbs every workout session.

Do not go into a per body part routine - you're no advanced lifter.

I do not see any logic going to the gym before work unless you're there for just some aerobics routine.

• 4 weeks later...

the idea of working out is working out in the late afternoon / evening.but not morning. Apparently, in the morning there are several factors that put you at a greater risk for heart attack and stroke:

According to the magazines I read: (magazines again...)LOL

•In the morning, your blood pressure takes a significant jump and stays higher before decreasing towards mid day.

•In the morning, your blood has a higher "stickiness."

•In the morning, your blood vessels and arteries are less flexible.

These factors combine to raise the risk of heart attack and stroke. Statistically speaking, they said you are about 10 times more likely to have a heart attack before 12PM.

In contrast to the negative risk factors associated with morning workouts, working out in the afternoon / evening generally results in greater performance.

Obviously, with busy lives, sometimes you just have to fit it in where you can; but, given the choice, all the scientific evidence seems to indicate that working out in the late afternoon / evening is the best choice both for your general health and your sport-specific performance

:thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Guest megalodon
the idea of working out is working out in the late afternoon / evening.but not morning. Apparently, in the morning there are several factors that put you at a greater risk for heart attack and stroke:

According to the magazines I read: (magazines again...)LOL

•In the morning, your blood pressure takes a significant jump and stays higher before decreasing towards mid day.

•In the morning, your blood has a higher "stickiness."

•In the morning, your blood vessels and arteries are less flexible.

These factors combine to raise the risk of heart attack and stroke. Statistically speaking, they said you are about 10 times more likely to have a heart attack before 12PM.

In contrast to the negative risk factors associated with morning workouts, working out in the afternoon / evening generally results in greater performance.

Obviously, with busy lives, sometimes you just have to fit it in where you can; but, given the choice, all the scientific evidence seems to indicate that working out in the late afternoon / evening is the best choice both for your general health and your sport-specific performance

:thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks for the info madame. At least I know now that working out in the evening even if I'm tired from work isn't bad for the health.

• 2 weeks later...