To give you an idea, the case of Manila Water.

i was quit disppointed last year that I failed to secure stock from its intial public offer. If I remember right it around 6.50, however a week later Manila waters stock drop down less 5% of its value.

Now, i think it around 6.30 to 6.40.

The point is IPO is not a big advantage to secure a good profit. If you want to have profit in Stock market you must know well the company or at least the company has a good history.

The tradegy that happen in Ultra I think would affect ABS - CBN, stock holder.

Unless the Majority holder and management will do something about the said incident

if you mean benpres they are already in trouble, with the latest supreme court ruling on the voiding of the erb approval of the meralco rate increase, now this. sayang bayantel was doing good under receivership, now i think the lopez group is in trouble. maybe this is a good time to think of selling benpres, meralco, abs-cbn stock.

The tradegy that happen in Ultra I think would affect ABS - CBN, stock holder.

Unless the Majority holder and management will do something about the said incident

you are so hard-headed.. i told you and everyone else told you here DONT buy abs-cbn stock.. you never listened.. see.. now your money is all gone.. heavy selling of abs-cbn now..

next time you listen to the experts..

Yup I know that ABS-CBN stock is not that stable like before.

I brought my ABS stock July 2005 for P10, still I have margin for profit.

TO THUG:

Question:

I dont understand what happen to ABS, before, ABS stock is included in blue chip or active stock, I exprience the all time peak of P28 per stock.

What happen for sudden down ???

Yup I know that ABS-CBN stock is not that stable like before.

I brought my ABS stock July 2005 for P10, still I have margin for profit.

TO THUG:

Question:

I dont understand what happen to ABS, before, ABS stock is included in blue chip or active stock, I  exprience the all time peak of P28 per stock.

What happen for sudden down ???

dont you understand..ABS-CBN is losing money and is falling on the ratings against GMA-7? they even had to reduce their staff because they are losing money..

in terms of quality programming.. ABS-CBN has very poor quality programs.. what with Pinoy Big brother, Nginiig.. who watch those crap shows anyways..

same goes with another abs affiliate stock like Meralco.. and another company Maynilad water, who is also in financial trouble.. ..the people behind this has the reverse midas touch..anything they touch turns to garbage..

i dont remember ABS touching flat 10.. they did touch 10.5 though.. and this was during the time they were reported to have been having financial trouble.. so that necessitates they reduce their staff..

holding abs cbn is like waiting for trouble when GMA-7 goes for IPO.. if you hold abs-cbn, then a GMA-7 IPO would be bad news for you..

i dont remember ABS touching flat 10.. they did touch 10.5 though.. and this was during the time they were reported to have been having financial trouble.. so that necessitates they reduce their staff..

if I remember right, 4- 6 July 2005, actually 10.25 to be exact figure. i buy 3500 shares that time and sell 1500 shares last December, Hoping to BUY GMA IPO. Right now, still holding the other half.

If I remember it right, One of the factors that affect the sudden drop of ABS is the reported losses of ABS is making local TV Series (Computer animation) and F4 expenses and other, that was before 2004.

ABs is still on recovery level from previous year, reading from 2005 Q4, report, their is an of 8% increase in revenue, but still 8% revenue is not enought for 2005.

I beg to disagree, that most of the program that ABS was not appreciated by the viewers.

Pinoy Big Brother is one, that i think save ABS. But I agree with you that Nginiig and spirits, is the show that I dont appreaciated much.

In my view I will make a forecast, in the release of Pinoy Big Brother celeb. Edition, which i think hold a potential in favor of ABS with in 2 months / 60 Days. ABS stock will reached P16 level like before November 2005.

i HOPE SO ...... :thumbsupsmiley:

same goes with another abs affiliate stock like Meralco..  and another  company Maynilad water, who is also in financial trouble.. ..the people behind this has the reverse midas touch..anything they touch turns to garbage.. 

maynilad is being sold - manila water will most likely buy them out, last year pa yan linuluto, so don't count maynilad out

maynilad is being sold - manila water will most likely buy them out, last year pa yan linuluto, so don't count maynilad out

i doubt it..the ayalas are not crazy enough to buy large debts of maynilad.. maynilad is leaking..and bleeding money.. just avoid the stocks that revolves around these affiliates.. same people behind running it.. that is why even first gen is not a big issue now..

Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!! Bagsak stocks ngayon!!! Mahabang hintayan na naman ito... good if me spare money ka to buy cheap stocks.

Hey Thug, ano ibig sabihin ng consolidation? Ano dapat gawin and to watch out for during consolidations? And how often does it occur?

consolidation=correction, ibig sabihin sobrang taas ng presyo ng mga stocks..pahinga muna para maka akyat uli... mas ok yan kesa sa tuloy tuloy na akyat..ang delikado yung tuloy tuloy na akyat.. kailangan muna magbenta ng mga investor para may pera uli silang pambili.. ngayon marami silang pera..expect tomorrow up uli..

positioning lang yan..benta isang stock..then bukas ibang stock ang bibilhin..jockeying for position mga investors..

i doubt it..the ayalas are not crazy enough to buy large debts of maynilad.. maynilad is leaking..and bleeding money..  just avoid the stocks that revolves around these affiliates.. same people behind running it.. that is why even first gen is not a big issue now..

the ayalas have been doing a due diligence on maynilad. of course they don't want to buy the debts, they are after the franchise. i'm still waiting to see what their bright boys come up with.

as to first gen, they still managed to pawn off their long term bonds. they got less than what they were aiming for though, but it still buys them some time.

so are you giving up on the lopezes?

the ayalas have been doing a due diligence on maynilad. of course they don't want to buy the debts, they are after the franchise. i'm still waiting to see what their bright boys come up with.

as to first gen, they still managed to pawn off their long term bonds.  they got less than what they were aiming for though, but it still buys them some time.

so are you giving up on the lopezes?

stupidest thing i have heard..when you buy a company or when you buy stocks of a company you become owner of that company..so you also own the debt.. that is fundamental analysis.. that is why you have to look at the financial statement of the company.. are they buried under growing debt? are they earning money? are they earning more than their losses?.. is their income growing every year?

Grabe naman...mag sasara!

Anyway PLDT is going up again!! Yabadoo!!!! Shet I should have bought nung 186x ang price nya!!!

Dude paano malalaman tapos na rally niya pataas? Paturo naman ano indicators. Sayang last time di ko binenta nung umabot sa all time high eh.

i have overheard from the news yesterday that ABS-CBN will be closed down.. so those who has ABS-CBN.. sell it before your money is gone..

PLDT is an excellent blue chip but once you make profit sell, act before others get a hint or before you know the shares are gonna drop.

Also, buy shares low and sell high. ABS-CBN is having a tough time right now and so market movers are going to invest in it. Wouldn't it be logical to invest in something people don't really expect, I assume so. Also, invest in companies that have cash-rich balance sheets, even companies with debt are fine, you just have to be familiar with the management and corporate organization. I just keep an eye out on the PSE but I trade internationally.

The ultra tragedy is a political catalyst, the politicians and bureaucrats are taking it out on the Lopezes which is quite obvious. One has to remember it isn't really their fault, they are partly to be held liable for it but it was also the crowd's doing. Buy San Miguel B, its shares are stable at 80+, a couple of months ago it was 100+, it will be a good long-term investment, always think 6 months to a couple of years ahead, it depends what you're looking for, a quick buck or long steady investment.

i seriously would not hype much about this stock as a majority of Lopez-owned stocks are falling.. also Meralco is also having some problems with the government.... but to each his own...its your money

anyways..

as i mentioned on my previous post..First Gen IPO now falling... everyone are selling their first GeN shares..

im correct..