What's Your Video Card?

try upgrading to 5500 or 5900 FX series.. mas maganda

i believe hinde supported ng 5200 ang DirecttX 9.0 needed sa mga new games now

you will get to play more games

I think it would be better to upgrade to 6200/6600. Models within the same range (FX5200/5500/5700) usually share the same technology and architecture, so while a FX5500 is faster than a FX5200, its not as future proof as an Nvidia 6200/6600.

I think it would be better to upgrade to 6200/6600. Models within the same range (FX5200/5500/5700) usually share the same technology and architecture, so while a FX5500 is faster than a FX5200, its not as future proof as an Nvidia 6200/6600.

there are people who have been able to overclock thier 6200's to the level that of a 6600GT! (unlocked 4 pixel pipelines and bumped up memory/core speeds). though there are some brand of gfx cards which can't be overclocked. i have a 3d fuzion 6200, and i've no luck trying to overclock it with both rivatuner and coolbits. <_<

i think both the 6200 and the 6600 are the same cards. nvidia probably decided to make the 6200 as a watered down 6600 by locking 4 pixel pipelines, resulting in another card to add to the product line without actually getting into the process of engineering a new gfx card.

• 4 weeks later...

PCI Express or PCIX and AGP 8X really don't have a lot of difference. AGP 4X would ever slightly slow your system down but not enough to cause lag.

The problem with PCIX is that only newer mobos have them. AGP slots (even 4X) could still perform and doesn't justify you buying a new PC, or if you're suicidal, changing your mobo.

In the end, you vidcard's memory justify the end.

For example, a GeForce 6200 with 256MB AGP 4X would take on GeForce 6600 with 128MB PCIX. Which means the quality wouldn't be different as much (except for some anti-aliasing still sluggish on the older 6200's).

Yes the bigger the memory on your vidcard, the less resources it depends on your mobo. PCIX and AGP is only a way to "connect to your PC."

Think USB and USB 2.0. Did anyone actually figure that the difference in data transfer is so miniscule that a split second is considered big? :huh:

Think USB and USB 2.0. Did anyone actually figure that the difference in data transfer is so miniscule that a split second is considered big?  :huh:

There is a very big difference between USB and USB 2.0 especially when you're connecting an external HDD.

USB 2.0 has a raw data rate at 480Mbps, and it is rated 40 times faster than its predecessor interface, USB 1.1, which tops at 12Mbps. Originally, USB 2.0 was intended to go only as fast as 240Mbps, but in October 1999, USB 2.0 Promoter Group pumped up the speed to 480Mbps.

There is a very big difference between USB and USB 2.0 especially when you're connecting an external HDD.

USB 2.0 has a raw data rate at 480Mbps, and it is rated 40 times faster than its predecessor interface, USB 1.1, which tops at 12Mbps. Originally, USB 2.0 was intended to go only as fast as 240Mbps, but in October 1999, USB 2.0 Promoter Group pumped up the speed to 480Mbps.

I was speaking figuratively. My point is that PCIX and AGP really makes little or no difference when deciding to upgrade your vid card. I have tried both and there isn't much difference from AGP (8x) to PCIX when it came to performance and response time.

Memory should be the focus of the decision since most vid cards are sold both as PCIX and AGP (4X/8X).

The beauty of AGP is that four to five-year old PCs should have it still, compared to PCIX which came out a year and a half ago (not sure).

Palit Geforce FX 5700 256mb

&

Palit Geforce 6200 128mb

Are PCI X Cards a must when u buy a new card?

O mas ok padin agp? U need a new board p a kasi gastos pa

Medyo angat ka nang konti sa 6200. Pero pag bumili ka nang 254 na 6200, talagang angat ka.

Wag mong baguhin ang mobo mo para lang maka kuha ka nang PCIX. Ayus parin ang AGP maski tignan mo sa newegg.com<- ito an vid card superstore sa US.

Pero angat ka.

Kung ako sa iyo, ipon ka pa nang konti at bili ka nang 6600 (maski 128) dahil malaki ang diprensya sa 6200 kumpara sa 6600. Laki nang lundag mo nun dahil sa "triple anti-alias" capability nang 6600 at ang galing nang particle effect. Kaya ang Doom III, Farcry (mid settings) at HL2 (med-to-high setting). ;)

Palit Geforce FX 5700 256mb

&

Palit Geforce 6200 128mb

Are PCI X Cards a must when u buy a new card?

O mas ok padin agp? U need a new board p a kasi gastos pa

pareng kurtsky hindi advisable na bumili ka ng board na PCIX ready just because para mag upgrade ka lang ng video card. so far ok pa video card mo eh, wag muna.

worth it sya pag kasabay mo mag upgrade ng processor and a new board with PCIX ready na for your new video card you plan to buy.

I'm using Inno3d GeForce FX6600GT right now, and I bought it last year, so far satisfied ako sa performance nya, I'm playing GUILDWARS with maximum settings, DOOM 3, FAR CRY, RED ALERT Generals, Warcraft III - Frozen Throne. All with maximum settings. Sobrang worth it na.

Laki na kasi ng difference ng price ng FX6600GT to FX6800GT almost twice the price na ng 6600GT.

Tried Doom 3 with my current specs low settings lang nga

Medyo baba FPS talaga

6800 GT pwnz nga daw

Mga tol, plano ko kasi mag upgrade ng rig para lang maka laro ng FEAR,

so stick to AGP padin ako,6600 ok narin nga

Kaya lang di kaya ako mapag iwanan dahil mag next few months eh baka dami nang naka PCI-X

Ipon muna ako, siguro pag bumili ako bagong mobo sama ko na processor at video card

At PCI-X narin kaya noh :cool:

:lol:

Edited by kUrTsKY