Windows OS - Merged Thread

yung windows 8 sa laptop parang di ganun kaganda..o sadyang kinakapa ko pa..parang mobile phone, tab or ipad ang theme. wala din syang OS installer..if you want mag reformat.

ibang iba talga ang windows 8. I suggest try mo yung "shell classic" makikita mo ito sa Cnet.com. pag nadownload mo ito it will appear sa laptop mo parang win 7 lang. its added to your toolbar. para madaling maghanap ng files.

good luck. enjoy the windows 8.

I installed Windows 8 recently since I upgraded my PC. Ibang iba talaga siya kasa sa Windows 7!

Even basic stuff like the Control Panel, ang hirap hanapin. Kailangan pa i-search bago ko mahanap. It'll take some getting used to but I like some of it's features.

My monitor ain't touch screen yet, I should probably get one just to maximize it's usage =/

I installed Windows 8 recently since I upgraded my PC. Ibang iba talaga siya kasa sa Windows 7!

Even basic stuff like the Control Panel, ang hirap hanapin. Kailangan pa i-search bago ko mahanap. It'll take some getting used to but I like some of it's features.

My monitor ain't touch screen yet, I should probably get one just to maximize it's usage =/

It takes some getting used to. I think Windows 8 was designed with touch screens in mind.

It takes some getting used to. I think Windows 8 was designed with touch screens in mind.

Win 8 is already installed on some demo laptops at the malls.

I tried using both touchscreen and non-touchscreen versions.

Boy . . . the touchscreen model is smoother and it's an entirely different experience.

I don't feel comfortable using win 8 on a non-touchscreen monitor.

The bottom line: Better stick to win 7 if you are not using a touchscreen monitor.

Edited by khantan

Win 8 is already installed on some demo laptops at the malls.

I tried using both touchscreen and non-touchscreen versions.

Boy . . . the touchscreen model is smoother and it's an entirely different experience.

I don't feel comfortable using win 8 on a non-touchscreen monitor.

The bottom line: Better stick to win 7 if you are not using a touchscreen monitor.

I agree. I have both Windows 8 on a touch screen laptop and one on the new desktop I bought. Definitely easier to use Windows 8 on the laptop.

I should have gotten Window 7 for my new desktop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Win 8 got a marketing strategy patterned after apple's ipad where you need to register a personal account in order to get upgrades of software in a common store. Hope that changes too on Win 8.1.

Overall, it does work better on new hardware devices probably due to better drivers support. But slightly better overall, and no major leap forward if you ask me.

Edited by hit05
  • 1 month later...