Musicians Here?

exexex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

All around musician here except piano. But my main instrument is the guitar. Lead/Rhythm/Shred. Back up vocals din.

My main band consist of 4. a vox, guitar, bass and drums.

The rest like side projects consist of 5 with 2 guitarists.

Main band = genre are old school Pinoy rock and roll, (MariaCafra, JDC band, etc) Pinoy rocks, (Razorback, Worlgang, Urbandub etc), Foreign (Tool, A perfect circle, classic rock, thrash and Metal like Met, Mega, Iron Maiden, some Pantera, and some Dream theater, kung kaya naman etc.)

Wala kaming Compo pero most of the cover songs inaareglo namin like we integrate some progressions from other songs to a main song kaya mas nagmumukang progressive rock.

An example that we did was.. The main song was Wakasan by Razor back. Sa chorus and Solo of the song, we used some lead and solo part of John Petrucci sa kantang HOME by Dream theater under the album Scenes from a memory. So to end it up, we also used the solo part of the song "Forty Six & 2" by Tool. Same progression and chords kasi yung tatlong yan. "Wakasan" ended up in a 7 min + + song instead of just 3 something.

Side Projects more on all types of alternatives and rock musics.

So that's it folks!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice to know there are a lot of MTC members who have a passion for music.

I wouldn’t claim to be a professional musician, more of an enthusiast & already been part of a couple of bands. I’m a self taught drummer, guitarist & keyboardist. Recently took an interest in violin after listening to my son’s Zoom violin lessons. Helluva harder to learn & play than a guitar.

Keep the music playing MTC!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To all the bassist in the thread (if meron man) Just started playing the bass and I have a question.

How do you improve on picking tehcnique and consistency?

Currently trying to learn Money by Pink Floyd and Warning by Green Day (suggested by a friend)

Edited by C.Unicron
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...