Dvd Collectors

mahilig_bumayo

pareng echo,

i frequently go to quiapo.

saan dun?

sa tapat b ng jolibee?

lapit ba sa XXX section?

or dun sa likod?

regular dvd b ito? (yung usually makikita mo sa vendors)

or yung mga naka-plastic? (like HMV)

thanks.

:goatee:

Yup sa may tapat ng jolibee, sa hidalgo. Maraming klase e. Yung iba HMV, then yung iba nakaplastic o box naman.

i've been collecting war movies. all original. i already have 50 movies in my shelf. sarap tingnan. kapag may sale bili agad. usually sa future shop or bestbuy ako naghahanap.

Wow i love war movies. Titles like Hamburger hill, Platoon, Siege of firebase Gloria are the best. What titles you got?

dami ko ng collections...most of, are animes,movies pagtrip ko lang...anyway nakikipagtrade pala ako sa quiapo ng animes hehe baka nakikita nyo na mga trinade kong bala...gaganda ng copy nun...galing sa orig na bala talaga with extra features....sample is transformers energon and armada abangan nyo yun...

dami ko ng collections...most of, are animes,movies pagtrip ko lang...anyway nakikipagtrade pala ako sa quiapo ng animes hehe baka nakikita nyo na mga trinade kong bala...gaganda ng copy nun...galing sa orig na bala talaga with extra features....sample is transformers energon and armada abangan nyo yun...

Bro, I am planning on purchasing a DVD-R. Maybe we can share anime titles. Just for us to have copies. :cool:

hey guys....i have a question for you...if you collect pirated dvds - can u really call it a collection? or the the word collection means original dvds only.

I got a friend who has around 300 pirated dvds as a collection (good titles good quality) but he isnt proud to tell his friends about his collection. Sabi nya buti na lang kung mga 20 na original na lang binili nya instead of the 300 pirated ones. Do you think he has point?

hey guys....i have a question for you...if you collect pirated dvds - can u really call it a collection? or the the word collection means original dvds only.

I got a friend who has around 300 pirated dvds as a collection (good titles good quality) but he isnt proud to tell his friends about his collection. Sabi nya buti na lang kung mga 20 na original na lang binili nya instead of the 300 pirated ones. Do you think he has point?

Most of my collections are bootleg (mas magandang pakinggan kesa pirated) copies. Siguro from out of dun sa mga 600+ na tiltles e, 50 lang ang original, most of them ay documentaries pa.

Anyway, the bottomline is that a collection is still a collection. What Im after is the title and the quality (most bootlegs are of quality, comparable sa original except for the payment of taxes and royalties). If you have the money to collect originals... then by all means, buy them. If not, then settle for the next best thing.... bootleg copies.

Parepareho lang naman sila. Ang mahalaga, napapanood mo kung kelan mo gusto at matagal ang shelf life (VCDs are more prone to corrosion so madaling masira ang media, unlike DVDs).

IMHO lang naman. Whaddyasay guys?

sa promenade greenhills may nabibilhan. also sa rockwell mga orig dvds. 299 up ang prices

i have:

gladiator

batman begins

treasure planet

last samurai

con air

hercules

right now i'm looking for:

the last castle

city of angels

the incredibles

saving private ryan

band of brothers

matrix trilogy

lord of the rings

hitch

that 70s show seasons

hehehe hinay hinay lang kasi ala pa budget and hirap hanapin yun iba

:mtc:

sa promenade greenhills may nabibilhan. also sa rockwell mga orig dvds. 299 up ang prices

i have:

gladiator

batman begins

treasure planet

last samurai

con air

hercules

right now i'm looking for:

the last castle

city of angels

the incredibles

saving private ryan

band of brothers

matrix trilogy

lord of the rings

hitch

that 70s show seasons

hehehe hinay hinay lang kasi ala pa budget and hirap hanapin yun iba

:mtc:

I have most of the titles your looking for, though bootleg they have been copied from the original including DTS and special features; to-wit:

the last castle

the incredibles

band of brothers

matrix trilogy

lord of the rings

hitch

Lahat naman ng kopya maganda at malilinaw...

You can try LRT Northmall if you want, though bootleg copies lang lahat!!!!

although i am enjoying bootleg copies, im trying to collect originals....because i compared the original copy with the bootleg and quality is really different. i proud to say that slowly but surely (with a non existent budget) i was able to collect the following:

(1) Black hawk down (i got this from the States pero i saw it being sold at 299 at astrovision just last night! Sigh!!!)

(2) Gladiator

(3) The Firm (Starring Tom Cruise)

(4) Interview with a Vampire

(5) Ghost in a Shell

I am looking for the following:

(1) Bad Boys 1 and 2 ( I already saw these two at Astrovision for 299 each!!)

(2) Mission Impossible 1 and 2

(3) Saving Private Ryan

(4) Training Day (although my bootleg is just so precious!!!)

(5) Lord of the Rings Trilogy

(6) The Matrix Trilogy

baka meron dyang MTC member gusto magbenta hehehehe...peace!

I collect original dvds after starting out collecting pirated dvds. Even the good quality pirated dvds that are dual layer are not as good as originals. For example, i bought a Matrix dvd that was dual layer and had DTS. It turns out that there was no release of the Matrix which a DTS track. The pirates just converted a Dolby digital track to a DTS track with the resulting loss in quality.