Manila Ocean Park, Behind Quirino Grandstand

Hi guys,

Manila Ocean Park soft opening has been moved again to March 1, Sunday. Delays in the opening have been caused by numerous factors: construction finishing, equipment testing, local government permits and other minor glitches.

Ribbon cutting will be on Feb. 29 by local government officials.

FYI.

Hi guys,

Manila Ocean Park soft opening has been moved again to March 1, Sunday. Delays in the opening have been caused by numerous factors: construction finishing, equipment testing, local government permits and other minor glitches.

FYI.

cant wait to see it heheh. ive been to ocean part hk. compare nten hehe.

Hi guys,

FYI.

Thanks, I hope that would be the last extension.

magkaiba ang sa Hk and dito sa atin. sa Hk may mga rides. dito oceanarium lang talaga. hindi tamang icompare ang dalawa.

Let's wait until this place is open to the public. This is really something to look forward to. Sana may mag post ng pictures once this place finally opens

I saw it yesterday in Mel and Joey.

main attraction ung 25m walk under water.

I recorded the 'Mel & Joey' featuring MANILA OCEAN PARK, uploaded it to YouTube

Here's the link

MANILA OCEAN PARK (Part 1) @ Mel & Joey, Feb. 24, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8uKdhilQUE

MANILA OCEAN PARK (Part 2) @ Mel & Joey, Feb 24, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZUDosi_dFg

Enjoy !

I recorded the 'Mel & Joey' featuring MANILA OCEAN PARK, uploaded it to YouTube

Here's the link

MANILA OCEAN PARK (Part 1) @ Mel & Joey, Feb. 24, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8uKdhilQUE

MANILA OCEAN PARK (Part 2) @ Mel & Joey, Feb 24, 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZUDosi_dFg

Enjoy !

although i have seen it yesterday...Just want to commend you for a job well done... this place really excites me more and more every time i see videos and pix.... i just hope its far better than the underwater world of Singapore... and i hope they would be able to maintain the place properly.

^ thanks

The difference between Manila Ocean Park (MOP) and Ocean Park Hong Kong is that Manila Cean Park contains only the oceanarium without the fun rides/cable car/Panda seen in HK counterpart.

The Ocean Park Hong Kong has a short tunnel aquarium made only for sharks while the MOP has a tunnel aquarium 25 meters long (longer than Singapore's Underwater World tunnel aquarium in sentosa island).

Ocean Park Hong Kong has a huge aquarium called the Atol Reef, 4 floors of a building while the aquariums at MOP are divided in numerous sections.

Malaysia's Aquaria in Kuala Lumpur also contains the oceanarium without the fun rides seen in Ocean Park HK, although the KL counterpart contains snake species, miniscule monkey species.

MOP will have a mall and a hotel while OP HK doesn't.

You can't really compare MOP with the other ocean parks in Asia because each has its unique feature...it's like comparing between your daughter and your son. What's really important is that we finally have our own Ocean Park. I was personally dismayed before because the Philippines was the only Asian country without an Oceanarium when I saw the oceanariums in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Siam Ocean World in Bangkok and Ocean Park HK. Now, I'm excited than ever for the opening of MOP !