Spoon&fork, Chopsticks, Kamay Mo?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Actually, ako ay FORK and KNIFE pag everyday dining. I use CHOPSTICKS when eating Japanese, Chinese or even most Southeast Asian food. I definitely use my hand if partaking on Pizza, Fried Chicken like KFC and casual eating of Filipino food specially Seafood's like shrimps, shellfish, oysters, etc.

Did you know that using your SPOON and FORK in dining or eating in some POLITE societies is a TABOO? There was onetime a big issue in Canada about this. The Filipino community in Canada raised a huge protest about the case of a grade school Filipino boy who recently immigrated to Canada who was reprimanded and castigated and shamed by his white Canadian teacher for eating his lunch with a SPOON and FORK because the teacher said that food should never be SHOVELED into ones mouth. Oh boy, that was a big issue in the Canadian Filipino community.

Using your hands to eat is practiced in many cultures. However there is a general rule. Eat with your RIGHT hand only and never with your LEFT. The left hand is only used for cleaning yourself.

Since we are already on this topic, have you heard about the Filipino employee in the USA who was castigated by his boss because he brought a TABO in the CR? Hehehehe.........this issue maybe inappropriate and very off tangent from this topic. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of cors ... THIS would depend on WHAT I am eating as well as WHERE.

If Japanese, Chinese, Thai ... and there's noodles involved, will use chopsticks.

Pinoy or the other cuisine ... mostly, spoon & fork.

IF you're at home or at a resto where you can USE your HANDs ... DIVE in, esp when the food calls for dipping or pulling stuff apart (like crabs, shrimp, etc) or just simply giving into your NATURAL self as a HUMAN being. Back to your roots ... ;)