ElPatayo

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

HI MTC members...

Recently I have my BP check and it showed that it is High according to the nurse.

Systolic = 130

Diastolic= 90

Then I monitored my BP since then and the Diastolic remains at 90 and sometimes it reached to 100.

I am just a bit confused since I am still young and regulary working out in gym, and we do not have a history of hypertension in the family...

Besides having an exercise for 15 mins everyday and having a healty diet and lifestyle what can we do to maintain our BP at normal level.

So for our MTC Doctors here, hope you can share your professional knowledge on what we should do or avoid.

For members who have hypertension, please share your ideas and personal experienced here. I think there are some members who are also interested in knowing what they can do to avoid hypertension.

Theres nothing to worry. Your BP is within the average tolerable limit. Its normal

Chillax.

doc, nag experience po ako for the past few days na bigla na lang po ako nahihilo and hingal po ako kahit di na strenous ginagawa ko sa bahay.

ano po kaya maganda medications to take.

You're very lucky you're not asymptomatic.

That's a warning sign already.

Don't take any meds but go see a cardiologist right away.

You might be a candidate for an angiogram.

• 3 weeks later...

last december my bp was 160/100 now it is around 110/70. when i realized dat i am hypertensive i got scared so i told myself to do everything i can to lower my bp. at the start i took meds to control but i didnt wanna rely on meds to lower my bp so i made it a point to workout daily, mostly burpees, kettlebell swings, jumprope and running on stairs. i also started to watch what i eat especially the sodium intake.

last december my bp was 160/100 now it is around 110/70. when i realized dat i am hypertensive i got scared so i told myself to do everything i can to lower my bp. at the start i took meds to control but i didnt wanna rely on meds to lower my bp so i made it a point to workout daily, mostly burpees, kettlebell swings, jumprope and running on stairs. i also started to watch what i eat especially the sodium intake.

Bro. Hanga ako sayo. Will try to exercise from now on. Pero hirap pigilan mga maasarap

Cardiologist sa uste ang insan ko at sabi niya lifestyle modification lang yan pero kailangan mo paring magpacheck for assurance, halos pareho lang tayo, pag pagod ako bro then biglang take bp test nagiging 130/90 din ako then after few minutes bumabalik sa normal 120/80. ang mura lang ng prescripted bp meds nasa 5 pesos lang yata per pcs like amlodipine treats mild hypertension

Bro, ingat lang sa mga mumurahing gamot. Tipid ka nga pero di naman mabisa.

I tried mga generic brands before but di bumababa yung bp ko.

Have so many friends die of kidney failure from taking high bp meds.

One as young as 43 years old.

May mga BP meds po kasi na contraindicated sa mga may kidney disease. Kaya its always safe to have lifestyle modification first. Then pag di pa din controlled seek consult napo ideally sa isang cardiologist.

• 2 months later...