What's So Special About Starbucks?

Guest breakdowngirl

hmmm favorite ko kasi You've Got Mail at I Am Sam eh, remember Starbucks may papel dun di ba =P TAgal na ako nagsta-starbucks pero ngayon halos lahot starbucks na... kaya seattle's best na ako =P

• 2 weeks later...

it's a marketing thing...

people are actually not buying the coffee. they're paying for the premium of being able to sit back, relax, enjoy, meet new people, observe other people, study, chat, negotiate, read the paper, hear good music, feel the cozy ambience, feel the "warm interior", to be served with a smile, be called by your first name when you order ...the lists goes on & on.

in other words *bucks offered an alternative place to hang-out. they offered a totally new experience.

it all boils down about finding a need & serving it.

& the guys behind *bucks sure did a pretty god job.

now these guys really earn "star bucks" by now...

Edited by kadafy

Starbucks, as well as the other coffee shops, are boon to small businesses. It's a decent place to meet clients. Compared to the alternatives, they're quite inexpensive. I use to meet clients in hotel coffee shops and it always cost me an arm and a leg. Now I just meet them at Starbucks, or Seattle's Best or Figaro, etc.

If you're looking for a less crowded, quieter place and excellent service, try Mocha Blend.

I always order tall, WET, capuccino! I like my coffee, like my women, WET. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Insomnia Girl

What's so special about Starbucks? Well, it has its own music compilation--a soundtrack for drinking coffee. Hehe. Nifty idea. I wonder what kind of music compilations other coffee places/restaurants would come up with.

What's so special about Starbucks? Well, it has its own music compilation--a soundtrack for drinking coffee. Hehe. Nifty idea. I wonder what kind of music compilations other coffee places/restaurants would come up with.

you should get around honey! :) there's more to coffee drinking than fraps & tunes starbucks can offer...

Edited by kadafy
Guest Insomnia Girl
you should get around honey! :) there's more to coffee drinking than fraps & tunes starbucks can offer...

I can't drink coffee. Wahhhh! And yes, I sure will get around one of these days. I'm sure Stabucks coffee tastes great--from the way they smell. Hehe.

Guest Insomnia Girl
buti pa mag nescafe frotte nalang kayo.. only P8 per sachet..

hehehe

Hehe! Tama! Sige, I'll start making a music compilation for that.

Marketing is the secret of starbucks,almost 90% of what you pay is profit.that is what the chairman of starbucks in a recent article in fortune magazine,as a trivia how many of you guys know that starbucks owns seattles best also,different philippine franchise owners here,but one owner.that is why natatawa ang friend ko who is a starbucks operation manager when people say they they prefer seattles coffee,it is all the same beans from the same source,only the recipes are slightly different :D

Special? Nothing really. A name you can trust for good coffee. Quality seems to be consistent (you decide if it's good, great or exceptional).

Staffs are trained before they are let out in the urban jungles. They are competent and polite. Same can be observed at Starbucks in other locations, such as here in Riyadh (KSA).

+