Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

bold forecast

but dont forget any of this team need to pass Golden State before they can go to the Promise Land

yeah too bold nga. I've seen B/R analyses saying na 4-5 ang OKC sa West. But if Billy Donovan could create something that'd make Enes Kanter and Dion Waiters steals during last year's trade deadline, OKC's gonna be there at the top of the West.

Feel ko lang kasi naging overrated yung GSW especially with how Klay and Draymond have been acting out. They're good but they played their roles. I prolly am wrong but that's how I see them.

well at least there's one other member here who thinks Golden State will get back to the FInals, oddsmakers have the Cavs winning it all this year.

I'm not a Cavs fan but I believe that this season is theirs to lose. After all, they have the great LeBron James with them. *sarcasm intentional* :)

yessir. They don't have any reason not to, really. Feel ko kasi KD and Russ would put it on themselves to carry OKC back to the Promised Land and that the Spurs are going to make it interesting. OKC in 7.

They have to. Lest KD calls it quits and fly back "home." :) I have no problems winning all the marbles. I'd love KD to finally win one. I just don't see it happening this season.

imo irregardless of what other West Team acquisitions, they need to break and beat Golden State.

as for the CAVS they need to get healthy

Sound observation, my friend. :) I, for one, am not counting out the Warriors. Their 60+ win season was not a fluke. They'be been tearing at teams all year and yes, not just because of offense - but because they're the leagues best defensive team! Anyone who can defend deserves the title in my book.

yeah too bold nga. I've seen B/R analyses saying na 4-5 ang OKC sa West. But if Billy Donovan could create something that'd make Enes Kanter and Dion Waiters steals during last year's trade deadline, OKC's gonna be there at the top of the West.

Feel ko lang kasi naging overrated yung GSW especially with how Klay and Draymond have been acting out. They're good but they played their roles. I prolly am wrong but that's how I see them.

Enes Kanter and Waiters?! That's a pretty big "IF."

As for Klay and Draymond, I do not know what you mean by acting out. Are you talking about "outside the court?" I'm asking because they ARE great inside the court. I would love to have Dray and Klay play for my teams if it's only possible. You missed out the facts that Dray should have won the DPOY last season (I'm not taking anything away from Kawhi - just pointing out facts). He only missed getting the award because Leonard had more second-place votes. Dray had more FIRST PLACE votes. As for Klay, you're underestimating his defense, I assume, because his offense is definitely NOT lacking. He's an above average defender. Never a patsy on defense.

I would love to have Dray and Klay play for my teams if it's only possible.

Which teams are you rooting for ba bro? haha. I'm not too sold on their defense because their pace dictates it. I mean, yeah, they're great defenders but pace also plays a huge role. That, and Ron Adams is one heck of an assistant coach (I don't even know why he never got a shot of being Head Coach). Basta I'm not really sold on a repeat. And you're right, it's for LeBron to lose it all this year.

imo irregardless of what other West Team acquisitions, they need to break and beat Golden State.

as for the CAVS they need to get healthy

its definitely right that no one should gloss over Golden State because they are the defending champs. But here is an interesting stat that no one took notice. This is the head to head matchup of the spurs and warriors last season

Apr 5, 2015 San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors W 107 - 92
Spurs won
Feb 20, 2015 San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors L 99 - 110
Warriors won
Nov 11, 2014 San Antonio Spurs @ Golden State Warriors W 113 - 100
Spurs won

Season series last year belonged to the spurs 2-1. Too bad they didn't see each other in the playoffs.

Of course that was last season, this season the spurs have retooled and added more pieces to their roster. Their core is intact so there should be no chemistry issues. My only concern with them i guess is their age. Every season everyone says their too old. But they still manage to compete each season. Consistency is what i observed with them.

I'm split between the spurs and OKC taking the West. No disrespect to Golden state. I will be eager to watch how they do against the spurs. I think every team in the west have to go through the warriors except the spurs. i think the buck stops with the spurs if golden state wants to get back in the finals.

Season series last year belonged to the spurs 2-1. Too bad they didn't see each other in the playoffs.

That is true. However, it is also true that the season series does not mean anything in the playoffs. Case in point: The Bulls and the Heat during LeBron's time.

It would have been interesting to see the Spurs and the Warriors fight it out in the West but here's another cold truth - that's not the Warriors' fault. Golden State took care of business in the playoffs - the Spurs obviously did not.

Which teams are you rooting for ba bro? haha. I'm not too sold on their defense because their pace dictates it. I mean, yeah, they're great defenders but pace also plays a huge role. That, and Ron Adams is one heck of an assistant coach (I don't even know why he never got a shot of being Head Coach). Basta I'm not really sold on a repeat. And you're right, it's for LeBron to lose it all this year.

Finally, you asked that question. LOL.

I'm a Jason Kidd and Dallas Mavericks fan. That's why I'm also rooting for the Bucks.

As for the Warriors' defense - it's hard to argue with the results. It doesn't matter who gets the big chunk of the credit: the players, Kerr, Ron Adams, the point is they are the best defensive team last year and the stats and results attest to that. Oh, and one more thing - Ron Adams is STILL part of their coaching staff. So there's that. :)

Even the entire staff of bleacherreport.com agrees with me there.

Edited by Eddy Syet

That is true. However, it is also true that the season series does not mean anything in the playoffs. Case in point: The Bulls and the Heat during LeBron's time.

It would have been interesting to see the Spurs and the Warriors fight it out in the West but here's another cold truth - that's not the Warriors' fault. Golden State took care of business in the playoffs - the Spurs obviously did not.

That's why i said they should have faced each other in the playoffs. I believe the spurs would have won 4-3 if they played the warriors last year. But we will never know because it didn't happen. We can go back and forth between which team would have won if they faced each other. That's why i hope that they do face each other in the playoffs this year in order to prove once and for all who is the better team.

The warriors are gonna hurt a bit since they lost some depth on the bench with the departure of David Lee. While the spurs have loaded up on the addition of key free agents. In order to end the debate i would want them to face each other so the end result would speak for itself.

Edited by hahnz

That's why i said they should have faced each other in the playoffs. I believe the spurs would have won 4-3 if they played the warriors last year. But we will never know because it didn't happen. We can go back and forth between which team would have won if they faced each other. That's why i hope that they do face each other in the playoffs this year in order to prove once and for all who is the better team.

The warriors are gonna hurt a bit since they lost some depth on the bench with the departure of David Lee. While the spurs have loaded up on the addition of key free agents. In order to end the debate i would want them to face each other so the end result would speak for itself.

Would make for one helluva series. The Spurs has the edge down low while the Splash Brothers would have the upper hand on the wings. :)

Edited by Eddy Syet

i agree, i saw some of their games against the spurs and i think the spurs should stop matching klay against danny green, its a bad matchup. he can take on green easy. they should switch him up to kawhi, their best perimeter defender and lock him down. klay struggles against leonard. he's like a bruce bowen defender.

The one thing you can't do against klay is leave him open. That's why you have to commit to sticking with him and limiting open looks. the thing that makes him a nice compliment to curry is in the way curry can command a double team, that's why thompson gets open because of that. If they don't leave thompson open, he wont' get in a shooting rhythm.

It would be interesting how Draymond matches up against the bigs, you got aldridge, west and duncan down there. They might need Bogut to counter assuming he is healthy.

Edited by hahnz

yeah Spurs got the regular season match up but unable to used it against GSW.. and who failed bigtime?

imo OKC will have a slim chances againts GSW with its current lineup.

any West team who got revamp, retooled they need to beat Golden state in the playoffs.

yeah you got the match up margin but when playoffs starts... every team changes.

Edited by darksoulriver

yeah Spurs got the regular season match up but unable to used it against GSW.. and who failed bigtime?

imo OKC will have a slim chances againts GSW with its current lineup.

any West team who got revamp, retooled they need to beat Golden state in the playoffs.

yeah you got the match up margin but when playoffs starts... every team changes.

We can revisit this topic after they've faced each other. I think its the spurs they have to go through but we'll see in april once the playoffs start.

on a short note. ESPN did a survey among NBA General Manager's and asked them who they think will win the NBA championship this season. here is the story.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/nba-com-2015-16-gm-survey/

NBA.com 2015-16 GM Survey

Cavs (not the Warriors) favored to win it all

NBA.com GM Survey Highlights

• 53.6 percent of GMs pick Cavs to win title
  • 86.2 percent would start a franchise today with Anthony Davis
  • Jahlil Okafor edges Karl-Anthony Towns as predicted Kia Rookie of the Year
  • Gregg Poppovich named top NBA coach by 93.1 percent of GMs
  • Stephen Curry named top player to take shot with game on the line

The 2014-15 Golden State Warriors were, statistically, the best championship team since Michael Jordan's Bulls. But some inside and outside the league would describe the Warriors as lucky, in that they avoided playing the Clippers and Spurs, and faced four teams with missing or injured point guards in the postseason.

The league's general managers seem to agree that the Warriors aren't a budding dynasty. Only 17.9 percent of GMs pick the Warriors to repeat as champions, the third lowest percentage for a defending champion in the 13-year history of the NBA.com GM Survey.

The league's decision makers have picked the Cleveland Cavaliers to win their first ever NBA championship and LeBron James to win his fifth MVP award. If they're starting a new franchise, however, general managers would overwhelmingly want to do it with Anthony Davis.

The GMs responded to 49 different questions (including a few new ones) about the best teams, players, coaches, fans, and offseason moves. General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel. Percentages are based on the pool of respondents to that particular question, rather than all 30 GMs.

PREDICTIONS

> Which team will win the 2016 NBA Finals?

1. Cleveland -- 53.6%

2. San Antonio -- 25.0%

3. Golden State -- 17.9%

4. Oklahoma City -- 3.6%

it seems most NBA GM's disagree with you. That's kind of low in giving a championship team their due. This poll is among the general managers of the league, not from your average basketball fan watching at home.

Edited by hahnz

it seems most NBA GM's disagree with you. That's kind of low in giving a championship team their due. This poll is among the general managers of the league, not from your average basketball fan watching at home.

im not saying GSW will win the NBA Final, all i know is that all West Team need to beat Golden state in the playoffs

im not saying GSW will win the NBA Final, all i know is that all West Team need to beat Golden state in the playoffs

well based on the survey they have the spurs at 25% coming in at 2nd. so they are thinking that the spurs are coming out of the west and the cavs from the east.

but like i said. we can revisit this topic again after the playoffs in april. its a long season, certain events might occur like injuries to teams which can derail a championship run. hopefully nothing too major will affect the performance of the team.

looks like golden state is starting off well. they just won their opening game of the season against the pelicans

Meanwhile, the defending champs bared their teeth as they destroyed MVP-hopeful Anthony Davis and the Pelicans to the tune of 111-95. Tinamad si current MVP kaya gumawa lang siya ng 40 points (on 5 threes and 7/7 FTs), 6 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals. Bogut made life miserable for the Pelicans as he tallied 12 points (6/6 FG) and 17 rebounds in the win.

Unibrow had an anemic 18 points (4/20 FG), 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 5 turnovers. Babawi yan, I'm sure but today belongs to the Warriors.

The Bulls versus Cavs game was intense as Pau Gasol made a game-winning block against LeBron. Bulls win 97-95.

Notable notes:

1. DRose seem fine. He played 32 minutes, shot an anemic 36% FG, but he did have 5 assists. Question is - can he keep playing this long all season?

2. DRose had 22 FGAs while Jimmy Butler only had 14. I wonder if Jimmy's not going to raise fits if this trend in FG attempts continue.

3. CLEARLY - Nikola Mirotic has arrived! Look out for this guy. His line? 19 pts (6/11 FG, 3/4 3PT, 4/4 FT Dirk is that you?!), 9 rebs, and 1 stl in just 25 minutes.

4. Kyrie Irving, of course, is still out but Mo Williams filled in for him nicely.

5. LeBron played only 36 minutes. That's good. They don't want him getting burned out come playoffs time.

6. Kevin Love looked good. The shoulder injury may still bother him though as he only made 6/17 FG although his three-point shooting is good tonight (3/7).

7. The league's newest overpaid player, Tristan Thompson, had 2 pts (1/4 FG) and 12 rebounds in 25 mins of action. LOL.

8. Doug McDermott is finally getting some playing time! His line? 16 minutes: 8 pts (3/4 FG, 1/2 3PT), and 4 rebs. Not bad. :)