Basketball brawls

I just thought it would be cool to start a thread where we can share our experiences/opinions about all basketball brawls/ fights that happened in the NBA, PBA, UAAP, NCAA, etc. May masaya if we can share youtube links as well.

The last major brawl involved Marc Cardona. From all accounts I've read, Cardona took a hard foul from Ronald Allen and retaliated by punching him in the face. Malas lang ni Allen and he was not able to retaliate back.

Since this happened outside the PBA, will any sanction be taken at all against Cardona? If yes, medyo unfair naman since (assuming) that no sanctions will be taken against Allen (as import lang siya ng visiting team).

Other brawl that comes to my mind at the moment was yung attacks ni Arbolera and Ron Artest against basketball fans...

Yep, presto..nagbatuhan pa ng upuan. 2 imports ng ginebra hinabol sa stands si Philip Cezar. This was the battle for third ata.

this was i think the worst. sayang wala pa video clip sa youtube. wala tlgang brawl nowadays.

sa mga biktima ng mga hinabol naman, si Ricky Relosa ni Thompkins, Jay Mendoza ng Shell, hinabol nila locsin, lago, wilmer ong, etc. James Yap, well we know mabilis pala yun sa takbuhan.

Walang sinabi yang mga brawls na yan sa mga giyera ng Crispa-Toyota nung 70s. Walang pang rules dati on stepping on the court kaya lahat ng players sumasali sa rumble. It got so bad in one incident that both teams had to spend the night at Fort Bonifacio guarded by the Metrocom.

Walang sinabi yang mga brawls na yan sa mga giyera ng Crispa-Toyota nung 70s. Walang pang rules dati on stepping on the court kaya lahat ng players sumasali sa rumble. It got so bad in one incident that both teams had to spend the night at Fort Bonifacio guarded by the Metrocom.

Ah. . . the bad old days! :lol:

Let's bring 'em back! :lol:

eto na yung youtube ng kay Cardona punching Allen. Just got this from another thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nxKHtbypCU

natyambahan lang ni macmac 'yabang' cardona ung egoy,

hamunin mo ng suntukan sa labas yan hindi lalaban :lol:

sa mga team habang naglalaro minsan sasabihin "ano sapakin ko tapos aawatin nyo ha para hindi makaganti" ganun ang larong pinoy pinapasapak tapo aawatin kunwari pero ang totoo hindi pagagantihin :lol: naisahan si egoy. Pag naalala ko ung isinampal kay cardona ung bola ni Penissi tapos hindi sya pumalag sabay layo :lol: hindi yan lalaban ng suntukan. mang uuna lang ng suntok sabay layo parang si james"the running man" yap

sample ng pilipino style na gulang sa court papasuntukin sabay awat.

kaya naman mas maganda sa NHL magsusuntukan sabay aawatin pag katapos ng suntukan. Kaso kung ganyan ang patakaran sa PBA hindi papayag ang ilang hambog na players kasi ang gusto lang nila makasapak ng libre.

hiwalay na daw si kris at james mukhang may kalalagyan na si james yap

Eh g@g0 'tong Yap na 'yon...eh sinong nagpasimuno ng break? Si Kris daw na feeling di siya maka-level kay James...o si James na feeling sakal siya sa hayupak na Kristetang iyon? Pa-born-again-born-again pa nga, wala epek ang kanyang fellowship sa pag-aayos ng gusot sa kasalan nila.

• 1 month later...

Of all the locals I think its only Art Dela Cruz and Anthony Dasalla who really went mano a mano with imports, no Sharma-like sucker punching and running.

Art Dela Cruz mixed it up with former Tar Heel hotshot Rodney Monroe -- what started out as a fistfight evolved into a wrestling match when Monroe started to literally hold on to Dela Cruz's arms to prevent him from continuing throwing punches.

Dasalla on the other hand went toe to toe with Billy Ray Bates -- note that Dasalla has some American blood in him too so though he grew up here and finished his studies at FEU he technically was a Fil-Am.

But as far as really standing up is concerned, nothing will beat how Dante Gonzalgo stood up to Presto's Abe King, Dennis Abbatuan and the PBA's most notorious sucker puncher and cheapshot artist combined Bong Ramos. What happened was Gonzalgo dove for a loose ball that went to the direction of the Presto bench, unfortunately for Gonzalgo his momentum forced him to land on top of Abbatuan on the bench. Claiming (during the investigation that soon followed) that he was caught by surprise, Abbatuan started punching Gonzalgo who then naturally retaliated with his own punches, Ramos and King then joined in the fray but both of them also took punches from the Ginebra forward before Gonzalgo disengaged himself from the Presto bench and ran to the safety of the Ginebra side. After the referees sorted things out the four prontagonists together with Aldo Perez (who referees claimed to have also seen throwing a sucker punch behind the head of Gonzalgo) were thrown out. Sonny Cabatu was also assessed a technical for, get this, taking a fighting stance during the melee.

Ay naku, mga iho, mga iha, malapit nang senior citizen here. It was during my early teens na witness ko ang nakakakilabot na rumble. The game was Crispa-Meralco sa MICAA early 70s. Halatang niluluto ng referees (Obias and Cruz) ang Meralco ng biglang pumutok ang bulkan. Binato ng pagkalas lakas ng bola (rinig sa stands yung sapol) sa mukha ni Jawo si referee Cruz. Bumagsak. Sa kabilang court naman hinabol ni Big Boy Reynoso (sentro ng Meralco) si referee Obias nang binigyan ng right hook sa mukha, bumagsak, sabay walang tigil ng sipa ang inabot. I remember yung announcer nuon saying "There's a madman in the court". Sigaw ng sigaw sa mike. Ang tagal nagka awatan. Duguan nilabas yung dalawang referee. Cruz was a dentist at that time sa aming neighborhood. Habang nagkakagulo, may naghagis ng pusa sa court, yes, a cat! Ewan ko kung saan nakuha yung pusa, umulan din ng barya, bote, sapatos, relos.....dahil sa init ng ulo ng mga fans ng Meralco. Ban for life yung dalawang players. (pero re instated later dahil sa pakiusap ng then Basketball Association of the Philippines head honcho Lito Puyat. Sayang daw galing pang national team. Hanggang dito na lang naaalala ko. Dont know kung nagkabati na yung mga refs at sina Jawo at Big Boy ngayon

hahaha.............eto hindi brawl...........pero basahin nyo...................

Nikki Coseteng grew up in the shadow of his father’s passion for sports, basketball in particular to which she, too, fell in love with.

So that when businessman-sportsman Emerson Coseteng, the founding president of the Philippine Basketball Association, joined his Creator, the chore of managing the family-owned Mariwasa team in the country’s and Asia’s first professional league fell on her shoulder.One of the biggest contributions she made to the league, she recalled, was the institutions of several reforms in terms of officiating.

“Ang nakakatawa at talagang hindi ko malilimutan, it all started with a swing at one of the referees that officiated in one of Mariwasa games.

“We were playing powerhouse Crispa and leading by three points with only seven seconds left. Natalo kami at the end because of what I considered a stupid call,” Coseteng, who took over managing the team in 1983, recalled.

“Although our coach, (the late) Tito Eduque, a gentleman through and through, was pacifying me, saying it was all part of the game, galit ako talaga,” she said.

“So inabangan ko yung referee na tumawag on the way to the dugout, confronted him and took a punch at him hitting him on his face. Everybody was stunned at what happened. Yung mga photographers nga hindi nakakuha,” she said.

The incident, she continued, led though to several meetings of the board towards aimed at improving the officiating.

“Galit na galit ang board, sabi nga ni Leo (the late founding commissioner Leo Prieto) if a woman at that was forced to do something like punching a referee, something’s really wrong with the officiating,” Coseteng, who now owns the Diliman Preparatory School, recalled.

Ay naku, mga iho, mga iha, malapit nang senior citizen here. It was during my early teens na witness ko ang nakakakilabot na rumble. The game was Crispa-Meralco sa MICAA early 70s. Halatang niluluto ng referees (Obias and Cruz) ang Meralco ng biglang pumutok ang bulkan. Binato ng pagkalas lakas ng bola (rinig sa stands yung sapol) sa mukha ni Jawo si referee Cruz. Bumagsak. Sa kabilang court naman hinabol ni Big Boy Reynoso (sentro ng Meralco) si referee Obias nang binigyan ng right hook sa mukha, bumagsak, sabay walang tigil ng sipa ang inabot. I remember yung announcer nuon saying "There's a madman in the court". Sigaw ng sigaw sa mike. Ang tagal nagka awatan. Duguan nilabas yung dalawang referee. Cruz was a dentist at that time sa aming neighborhood. Habang nagkakagulo, may naghagis ng pusa sa court, yes, a cat! Ewan ko kung saan nakuha yung pusa, umulan din ng barya, bote, sapatos, relos.....dahil sa init ng ulo ng mga fans ng Meralco. Ban for life yung dalawang players. (pero re instated later dahil sa pakiusap ng then Basketball Association of the Philippines head honcho Lito Puyat. Sayang daw galing pang national team. Hanggang dito na lang naaalala ko. Dont know kung nagkabati na yung mga refs at sina Jawo at Big Boy ngayon

Hi bro, another senior citizen here too :-)

I think you must have remembered the brawl between Shin Dong Pa and our own Tembong Melencio during the '73 ABC finals? I've been trying to look for it sa youtube pero di ko makita.

Now, those were the good old day!!!