How To Learn To Swim

i know how to freestyle and breaststroke but the problem was i dont know how to thread in the pool lalo na pag pagod kana,

minsan alanganin nako tumawid sa 5th or 6th feet deep i felt heavy both my arms and legs.

any good tips how to develop effective threading to prevent sinking thanks

Edited by roquerle2
Hi Folks,

The best way to learn how to swim is to enroll in a swimming school. You will be taught how to float, breath, kick and arm swing. The basic course includes freestyle and threading.

Cheers

Yup,most of the collages offer that,I learned freestyle and butterfly stroke there,and its only about 5,4 ft.

i know how to freestyle and breaststroke but the problem was i dont know how to thread in the pool lalo na pag pagod kana,

minsan alanganin nako tumawid sa 5th or 6th feet deep i felt heavy both my arms and legs.

any good tips how to develop effective threading to prevent sinking thanks

ganyan din ako eh..kaya kong mag freestyle and breaststroke pero takot akong mag threading. siguro ang key dyan is wag matakot para wag lumubog. ilang beses kong sinubukan pero napapagod ako sa threading kaya bumabalik ulit ako sa gilid ng pool.

• 3 weeks later...
hi fellow mtc members! i really cant swim and afraid if im in pool. any tips of how to condition to learn to swim?

kahit floating d ako marunung. im thinking of swim lessons but if il be too afraid baka ala dim mapuntahan dba? hhehehe

kahit mga taog d runung lumangoy tumambay na ren dito baka maging bagong group thread ito :))

Stay at the shallow end of the pool, but deep enough for you to be completely submerged while squatting. Learn to "breathe" by gently blowing bubbles through your nose and mouth each time you squat, while inhaling when you are above the water. Once you get used to it, try to stay underwater for longer periods. When you are comfortable with this, lengthen your body facedown as you hold your breath. Once completely relaxed, you will find your body gradually aligning with the surface and you are floating. Do the breathing exercise by turning your head to the side, exposing your nose and mouth above the water in order to inhale, then blowing bubbles as you turn it facedown. You may also try floating on your back with your outstretched body, maintaining a straight posture parallel to the surface. You will be breathing as you normally would when out of the water in this position. Gradually move to the deeper end of the pool. If you feel that you are about to sink while upright, do any of the floating positions as you paddle your way to the gutter while applying the breathing technique. Before long, you will find that you are actually swimming. You may learn the correct form for swimming strokes from a coach or an experienced swimmer.

i learned to swim when my dad pushed me into a pool. was about 10 y/o then

lucky you, i think in was 6 when my dad threw me in the river... the hardest part was getting out of the DANG burlap sack!!! :D joke lang, but i 6 when my dad would just throw me in the pool and i had to doggy paddle back.

• 1 month later...

anyone knows any 50 meter pool around metro manila?

any other alternatives aside from common and alternative pools like amoranto (andumi), rizal memorial, and ultra?

---

for 25 meter pools i haven't been to ateneo.. anybody knows how how much is the rate and schedule.

how about other resorts or pools that are open till midnight? i sometimes go to club manila east..

i like doing lap swims .. hope to join any guys in here into swimming..

thanks..

Try the Emilio Aguinaldo (EAC) pool....Php100/person....up to 8PM.....Its 50 meters

For 25 meters....try Pasay City Complex Pool beside Cuneta Astrodome....Php45/person.

nice info! thanks! :cool: EAC is the one near UN avenue right?

• 5 weeks later...

1. Marikina Sports Complex has a 50m pool.

2. Philippine Science High School has a covered 50m pool but I dont think it's open to the public.

3. There's a new 50m pool in Makati, sa may West Rembo pero di ko pa napupuntahan.

4. I've heard the Manila Polo Club has a 50m pool but I havent seen it myself.

yup! :cool:
1. Marikina Sports Complex has a 50m pool.

2. Philippine Science High School has a covered 50m pool but I dont think it's open to the public.

3. There's a new 50m pool in Makati, sa may West Rembo pero di ko pa napupuntahan.

4. I've heard the Manila Polo Club has a 50m pool but I havent seen it myself.

1) yep eto yung mababaw na pool na 50 meter

3) eto yung makati aquatic sports arena.. or masa....near guadalupe.. tell the driver aquatic sports.. although 200 pesos ata dito pag non-makati resident ka..

4) for members lang ito.

i never had formal swimming training.. i only learned as an adult swimming with triathlete friends.. and reading guides on the internet..

as a kid i almost drowned 2x, as in life threatening drowning situation

now i can swim back and forth on a 50 meter pool, and swim on an open sea..

i also bought this book.. http://www.totalimmersion.net/

it teachers proper balance and rotation.. as you know.. swimmers swim by trunk rotation not by hands..

and a good training to improve your swimming form and rotation is to swim using CLOSED FISTS..

also for beginning swimmers..i suggest you buy FINS.. this will improve your kick while learning to swim so you will not sink..

Edited by THUG