BBC "Hardtalk" host Stephen Sackur's interview with Trillanes was hilarious.

Sackur: Are you a democrat?

Trillanes: No, I am from the Nacionalista Party. :lol:

Had you watched the actual interview and not the edited version on the internet, you would've found that Trillanes's excact statement was "Yes, I am from the Nacionalista Party but yes, I am a democrat" -(The latter part of his statement being slightly muffled by the host talking simultaneously). 'Tis a non-issue actually, just more internet propaganda making mountains out of a mole-hills. You should be more discerning with your sources of information.

Edited by juan t

Had you watched the actual interview and not the edited version on the internet, you would've found that Trillanes's excact statement was "Yes, I am from the Nacionalista Party but yes, I am a democrat" -(The latter part of his statement being slightly muffled by the host talking simultaneously). 'Tis a non-issue actually, just more internet propaganda making mountains out of a mole-hills. You should be more discerning with your sources of information.

Internet propaganda pass on as "credible media"seems to be the norm these days.

The fact is he said that he is from the Nacionalista Party first and only after Sackur corrected him that he said he is a democrat. It's either you didn't watch it or you are lamely spinning this in favor of Trillanes. It may be a non-issue to you but it gave me comic relief.

Why should I be more discerning with my sources when that interview was a primary source of information? Are you implying that that interview is fake news? I watched that interview and it actually happened so it's not fake news.

Impossible. They were talking simultaneously and Trillanes had already finished his sentence before Sackur could finish his. Think of a different excuse.

It was Sackur who corrected him first before Trillanes realized he made a dumb mistake while Sackur was talking. Regarding thinking of another excuse, heed your own advice.

Nope. You're blowing hot air again as usual. Trillanes was already finished with his statement before Sackur could, as you say, "correct" him. And the fact that Trillanes kept talking dispite Sackur's interruption, indicates that he didn't even hear much less process what Sackur was saying. Ang hirap kaya makaintindi ng tao pag sabay kayo nagsasalita.

• 2 weeks later...

Media every where which ever country it is. is primarily a tool for propaganda. media men and women have their own take on whats going on and this affects how they deliver the information. its up to the person receiving the reports on how they would interpret the information, yes interpret there is a core of truth in there but its up to you to decide which is true and which is propaganda.

This comment from investment analysts will tell you the real reasons why oligarchs make sure they control the media:

From BusinessWorld:

Headline: "Ang acquiring Prieto interest in Inquirer"

Mary Jade Roxas-Divinagracia, PwC Philippines managing partner for deals and corporate finance, said Mr. Ang’s investment was “quite an interesting move” since the print media industry has been on a decline globally.

“I can only surmise that it is more strategic rather than financial. As they say, ‘he who controls the media/headlines controls the world.’ ...

...The acquisition follows Mr. Ang’s failed attempt to secure a minority stake in broadcaster GMA Network, Inc. in 2014...

“(Mr. Ang has) been eyeing media or communications for the longest time so now he’s getting his chance. ...,” Luis A. Limlingan, business development head at Regina Capital Development Corp., said...

Edited by camiar

With the acquisition by SMC of the Inquirer, I see a more balanced view of Duterte.

Mr. Ang said he is acquiring Inquirer in his personal capacity, meaning, not through SMC.

I'm wondering whether the Prietos' are just temporarily handing over Inquirer to somebody else until the heat from the Duterte government passes over. Just like what Roberto Ongpin did with his PhilWeb gambling company.

It doesn't affect me anymore because I don't watch or listen to it as much as I should have.

All I know is that facebook, twitter and Instagram is not news.

It is not the news -- it is the public opinion that vested interest groups are manipulating in Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.

So, yes, media still affect you.

Propaganda groups are using social media to broadcast fake news and commentaries to manipulate public opinion.

Always fact-check the info given to you through cyber media.

Suggested fact-checking websites:

HoaxSlayer.com

TruthOrFiction.com

Snopes.com

OpenSecrets.org

PolitiFact.com

FactCheck.org

If you use other reliable fact-checking websites, please share them in this thread.

Edited by camiar

Mr. Ang said he is acquiring Inquirer in his personal capacity, meaning, not through SMC.

I'm wondering whether the Prietos' are just temporarily handing over Inquirer to somebody else until the heat from the Duterte government passes over. Just like what Roberto Ongpin did with his PhilWeb gambling company.

Apparently, Prieto earlier offered to sell the Inquirer to Manny Pangilinan, but MVP rejected it. He already owns Philippine Star, TV-5, and BusinessWorld.

Ramon Ang and MVP are the new emerging oligarchs. Same pattern in their strategy. Create a political and socio-economic environment favorable to their interests by controlling the media.

http://m.philstar.com/314191/show/09bf188d1a133748761f79d886c71d32/?

Yun naman pala.

May mga trolls

May mga uto-utrolls

Were you surprised? I'm surprised that you are.

The yellow media has been doing exactly the same thing for the past decades using both the mainstream and social media to vilify Erap, GMA, Binay, Villar,...etc.

Even in this forum, the yellow troll army are active, especially during the election campaign period. Right after elections, nawala bigla; pero me ilan pang natitira. Alam mo naman kung sino yung mga yellow trolls dito.

Don't tell me you didn't notice?

Duterte's supporters also know how to play the game, so what's the problem if they beat the yellow media and trolls in their own game?

Php 10 million? Wala yan sa ginastos at ginagastos pa ng mga oligarchs and yellow vested interest groups for their own propaganda.

You know why Duterte's supporters are prevailing now? Because the people finally realized how the LP and the oligarch-supported Abnoy administration has betrayed them.

• Like (+1) 1

The yellow media has been doing exactly the same thing for the past decades using both the mainstream and social media to vilify Erap, GMA, Binay, Villar,...etc.

Even in this forum, the yellow troll army are active, especially during the election campaign period. Right after elections, nawala bigla; pero me ilan pang natitira. Alam mo naman kung sino yung mga yellow trolls dito.

Duterte's supporters also know how to play the game, so what's the problem if they beat the yellow media and trolls in their own game?

Php 10 million? Wala yan sa ginastos at ginagastos pa ng mga oligarchs and yellow vested interest groups for their own propaganda.

You know why Duterte's supporters are prevailing now? Because the people finally realized how the LP and the oligarch-supported Abnoy administration has betrayed them.

Agree ako dito sa sinabi mo.

so basically you are saying that duterte is no different from the yellows when it comes to substance, he is just of a different form......

i agree

so basically you are saying that duterte is no different from the yellows when it comes to substance, he is just of a different form......

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Did I say anything about Duterte?

Read again:

"...The yellow media has been doing exactly the same thing for the past decades using both the mainstream and social media to vilify Erap, GMA, Binay, Villar,...etc.

Php 10 million? Wala yan sa ginastos at ginagastos pa ng mga oligarchs and yellow vested interest groups for their own propaganda ..."

I'm saying Duterte supporters' social media group is better at the game compared to oligarch-paid yellow troll army.

Edited by camiar

Because they dispense the truth, well most of it anyway, and they do answer most allegations against them, as compared to the yellowtards, hence their supremacy over them.

who dispense the truth, si Mocha? LOL

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Did I say anything about Duterte?

Read again:

"...The yellow media has been doing exactly the same thing for the past decades using both the mainstream and social media to vilify Erap, GMA, Binay, Villar,...etc.

Php 10 million? Wala yan sa ginastos at ginagastos pa ng mga oligarchs and yellow vested interest groups for their own propaganda ..."

I'm saying Duterte supporters' social media group is better at the game compared to oligarch-paid yellow troll army.

exactly my point... you are saying that they do the same shiyet...they are the same shiyet.... only in a different color....

who dispense the truth, si Mocha? LOL

exactly my point... you are saying that they do the same shiyet...they are the same shiyet.... only in a different color....

We'll, that's one point of view, especially if you're one of the detractors.

But, if let's say Binay won as President, I wouldn't mind nor will I be surprised if he employs the same tactic in social media to counteract the negative propaganda of yellow trolls.

It's all about winning the hearts and minds of your constituents to prevent their opinions from being swayed by your opposition.

We'll, that's one point of view, especially if you're one of the detractors.

But, if let's say Binay won as President, I wouldn't mind nor will I be surprised if he employs the same tactic in social media to counteract the negative propaganda of yellow trolls.

It's all about winning the hearts and minds of your constituents to prevent their opinions from being swayed by your opposition.

yup... you are right...

for the detractors they see Digong as just one of the old ones... same shiyet different color

for the blind followers, they are like flies who see digong as a different shiyet making him a yummy treat for them

yup... you are right...

for the detractors they see Digong as just one of the old ones... same shiyet different color

for the blind followers, they are like flies who see digong as a different shiyet making him a yummy treat for them

So if Binay, your candidate (and mine, too), won and used the same social media tactics as the yellow trolls to counter the propaganda against his administration, you will consider him the same shiyet, too? Wouldn't that be naive?

So if Binay, your candidate (and mine, too), won and used the same social media tactics as the yellow trolls to counter the propaganda against his administration, you will consider him the same shiyet, too? Wouldn't that be naive?

i would consider him another kind of shiyet.... they all are.