142 replies to this topic

#41 MRyoso

MRyoso

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3173 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

they now play at a joint in universal studios.regular daw sila dun sabi sakin ng pinsan ko

#42 Brian®

Brian®

war is obsolete

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12557 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:32 AM

Yup, HE DID, now he's gone. I believe he gave up on the whole scene now.
Tama ka dyan parekoy! Was it Wolf? They could've done better if they got the guy from Rizal Underground. But anyway, they're just part of the Philippine Rock Music history now.

The lyrics on "Halik ni Hudas" does not make sense alright.... but that is based on your sense. To Basti (or whoever wrote the lyrics) may have made sense to him somehow. Though maybe he was not on such sensible state when he wrote it. Medyo kulang nga sa creativity, pero wala tayong magagawa... we all knew naman na for some time we did like that song (when we were careless and just as senseless as they were).

RIP WOLFGANG, thanks for the music!

ROCK ON! :evil:

During their debut album the Filipino songs were done by Basti. Listening to it...it rocks. But the lyrics sucked. Basti even admitted to that. He can't write a decent Filipino song so he gave that job to Wolf..I think. He only wrote the English songs from then on.

#43 chi-noy

chi-noy

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:41 AM

sayang nga wolfgang....lupet nila eh :cool:

kung nakikita nyo si Kevin Roy ng Razorback sa Subway sa may RCBC, yun ay dahil franchise nya yung subway dun, buo pa din ang Razorback, tumutugtog pa din sila, si Manuel Legarda ng dating Wolfgang ang pumalit kay David Aguirre na ngayoy nasa Lokomotiv.

wala na nga si Basti sa Lokomotiv...sana bumalik na lang sya sa Pinas tapos Buuin nya ulit wolfgang :cool:

#44 blues2death

blues2death

bluesman

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:31 AM

uuwi ang lokomotiv this november sa pinas...along with their new vocalist ryan, who i watched in san diego and they rocked!

better than basti imho

nag usap kami ni david and they might be staying in the philippines for at least 2-3 mos.

#45 wolfman12704

wolfman12704

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:anything adventurous! if you know what i mean....<br /><br />friendster email: wolfman12704@yahoo.com

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

all i can say is KEEP ON ROCKIN'!!!!!!!!!

sana bumalik ang WOLFGANG music.... bakit ba ang hirap maghanap nun WURM na album nila na nasa CD?
kahit sa mga pirated eh yun lang ang di ko makita...

baka naman may alam kayo na pede ko ma-download-an? WURM lang ang kulang ko eh....

THANKS!!

#46 revi

revi

Boy Tisoy All The Way!!!

• (11) Wyld
  • 6371 posts
  • Interests:NBA Cards (Duncan)<br />Badminton<br />Rock Music (Punk/Metal/NewWave)<br />Marvel Comics<br />SEX - hehehe!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:31 PM

uuwi ang lokomotiv this november sa pinas...along with their new vocalist ryan, who i watched in san diego and they rocked!

better than basti imho

nag usap kami ni david and they might be staying in the philippines for at least 2-3 mos.

Do you know if they would be playing any concerts here? Sana naman..

#47 Brian®

Brian®

war is obsolete

• (07) Avid Member
  • 12557 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:29 AM

Lokomotiv is going to play at the NU107 Rock Awards. :)

#48 jayar

jayar

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Interests:Women, ladies, lovemaking, other interests
    ...that's why I'm here.

You?

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

From the egroup of DRT, written by vocalist Jay Ortega

see you guys on saturday @ Al's BAr, Rock radio, bf
homes, paranaque!!!

DRT & LOKOMOTIV + Guest bands Southern Grass and Kinky Hooters!!!

Show starts @ 10pm sharp

Kinky Hooters - 10pm
Southern Grass - 1045pm
DRT - 11:30pm
Lokomotiv - 12:30mn

KITAKITS!!!

#49 jayar

jayar

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Interests:Women, ladies, lovemaking, other interests
    ...that's why I'm here.

You?

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:50 PM

Check out http://www.drt.ph to get updates for the event.

Do check out DRT. They're composed of Jay Ortega, Brian Velasco of Razorback, Paolo Pacia of the Teeth, and the amazing Daniel Crisologo! Former members are Migs Ortigas of Razorback and Manuel Legarda of Wolfgang.

Btw, to find Al's Bar, Al's bar is right atop watson's, across tropical hut
> along aguirre st.

they're all gonna be there! So be there na rin!

#50 Debonaire

Debonaire

Low Profile

• Ambassador
  • 5733 posts
  • Interests:Just ask me...

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:19 AM

Basti's pretty much settled down in the US... and married... I overheard that he'll be visiting Manila soon... not sure when though...

#51 dasha

dasha

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

la na si basti sa lokomotiv e..d gnun dn..la rn...wolfgang dn na la c basti...

#52 MRyoso

MRyoso

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3173 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

wolfgang is back!!!!!!

they are the featured band yahoo asia music this month

Edited by misteryosong_torpe, 21 March 2007 - 05:48 PM.

#53 Immortal666

Immortal666

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1979 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

wolfgang is back!!!!!!

they are the feature band yahoo asia music this month

Links please...

#54 MRyoso

MRyoso

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3173 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

http://advision.webe...o.com/music_ph/

#55 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • 6050 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

THEY'RE BACK

http://philmusic.com...ent/view/104/1/

Posted Image

Wolfgang fans who have been craving for a follow up to their last album "Black Mantra" (released in August 2001) will finally get their wishes fulfilled as demos of an upcoming album have been released over the mobile Internet space.

Yahoo Philippines' mobile music portal has released four demos of the band - intended for a new album, which would be their sixth studio album, not including their live album "Acoustica" and the US-released compilation "Volume".

The demo tracks, "Deathsquad," "Diaspora," "Enemy," and "John of the Cross"are available for download at P50 per full track download. Some of these have already been performed live at Wolfgang's January reunion concert "Alive 2007."

Also available for paid download (at P30 a pop) are three short excerpts of telephone interviews conducted with Basti Artadi where he discusses the project.

The files are encoded in AMR format (Adaptive Multi-Rate codec) used on popular phones like Nokia and Sony Ericsson.

These downloads are also limited exclusively to users on the networks of Philippine mobile operators Smart Communications and Globe - so international fans may have to twiddle their thumbs a bit until the songs are available on other channels.

PhilMusic has learned that ex-record executive Wally Chamsay, who signed up Wolfgang when he was heading Sony Music Philippines, was responsible for brokering the exclusive deal with Yahoo Philippines. Chamsay is now with mobile content provider Entertainment Gateway Group (EGG).

The Gang is back, but no Wolf
Three out of four of the original members of the band are recording the demos - vocalist Basti Artadi, guitarist Manuel Legarda, and bassist Mon Legaspi are involved in the recording project. Out of the picture for the forseeable future is drummer Wolf Gemora, who has been devoting all his energies to his band Lokomotiv.

Complicating the issue is that the surviving three members are located in different countries. Basti Artadi is in the US, Mon Legaspi is in Hong Kong, and Manuel Legarda is in Manila.

But this wee bit of geographical inconvenience hasn't deterred the surviving three from trying to work together. According to Legarda's interview on Yahoo, where there's a will, there's a way, as the band will be using technology to exchange recorded parts online, and assembling them into finished tracks.

"We've had difficulty booking a studio to work in," Legarda is quoted as saying. "But fortunately there is the Internet and we trade a lot of files over the net."

"We'll be doing more vocals when Basti comes back, and since we don't tour anymore, there is a lot more time to work on this album," Legarda continued. "We have a number of songs that lack vocals and arrangements, but I am happy that we'll finish this and hopefully you'll hear some of it on the radio soon."

Interest in the band has remained sky high among local music fans since the band stopped performing in 2002. The band's recent reunion at the Music Museum - a double bill featuring a reunited Wolfgang (sans Wolf Gemora of course) teaming up with the present Razorback lineup - was promoted as "Alive 2007" and was a smashing sold-out success.

Performing two Fridays at the Music Museum, the concert's last night was recorded to video and is scheduled for DVD release sometime in April 2007.

It's interesting to note in the eyes of Legarda and Artadi at least, the band never did break up anyway. The reunion made them realize that even after being apart for so long, getting together could still yield something "new and fresh."

"Wolfang never did break up," noted Artadi in his downloadable audio interview. "It was not something where we were like, 'alright guys that's it - we've done all we can, it's time to shut the door and move on.' It was just circumstances that worked out in such a way that we went our diferent paths. But we always left the door open that if ever the opportunity arose that we could get some work together, then sure why not?"

"It just so happened that with my going back in December, the door opened. And it was a big door and a good door. So we started putting our heads together and writing some new material."

"Who knows, if the opportunity arises and we do put this thing together and everything works out and we tour, why not? I'd love to tour again."

#56 bukn0y

bukn0y

The Commissioner

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3491 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

wala pa ba link where we can download the music?

if ok yung album then i guess time for me to buy it pero i wanna listen to the music first :P

#57 tidyaxx

tidyaxx

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

nge disbanded na pala sila....sabagay out of touch na ko sa pinoy rock music scene since umalis sa pinas 3 yrs ago...

had the chance to see/hear basti played jesus christ when they staged jcs on summer of 2000.

basti is the best vocalist i've heard since binky lampano of deans december way way way way back in mid '80s.

#58 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • 6050 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

they're back dude

#59 carlos_palanca

carlos_palanca

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:42 AM

they're back dude

nah, its completely a whole new different package dude if you're refering to that new band from LA named LOKOMOTIV..

WOLF is there and DAVE from RAZORBACK. :)

#60 portia

portia

Illegitimi non carborundum

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

luv their song ARISE :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users