Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

CD & DVD Applications

• Active@ ISO Burner - a simple-to-use dialog-style software to burn CD/DVD/Blue Ray ISO images. Compatibility: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/2003/NT/XP/Server 2008/Vista/Windows 7 - acklan
  • AudioGrabber - audio CD ripper - Current Resident
  • BwgBurn - a Windows XP .NET 2.0 application that can be used to burn CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD+R DL/BD-RE. It includes the ability to burn both data disk, audio disk and video disk (include VCD and DVDs) - twardnw
  • CDBurnerXPPro 3 - can burn CD-R, CD-RW DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW discs - Yourhighness
  • CDex - a CD ripper and converter for Windows - tg1911
  • CDRom-Lock - blocks the eject button on almost every CD/DVD drive. Compatibility: 32-bit Windows NT/2000/XP - acklan
  • Deep Burner - "A CD/DVD burning software that lets you create Data Cds, Bootable CDs, and Audio CDs as well as data DVDs. In addition, it lets you burn ISO files, and create ISO images. Also lets you design an auto start menu to launch documents or programs from the CD" - tg911
  • DeepRipper - can convert music files from AudioCDs into practically any format you'd like, including: MP3, WAV, OGG, and others.
  • Exact Audio Copy - CD ripper - rms4evr
  • Express Rip - rips CDs to wav or mp3 - BlackSpyder
  • FinalBurner FREE - a CD and DVD burner Compatibility: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - david28
  • ImgBurn - a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application. Compatibility: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista (32 and 64 bit/If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unixes. - DaChew
  • InfraRecorder - CD/DVD burning software that will create data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images. Will also burn dual-layer DVDs, and image files. - Yourhighness
  • ISO Recorder - a tool (power toy) for Windows XP, 2003 and now Windows Vista, that allows (depending on the Windows version) to burn CD and DVD images (DVD support is only available on Windows Vista), copy disks, make images of the existing data CDs and DVDs and create ISO images from a content of a disk folder. - usasma
  • StarBurn - tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media. Compatibility: Windows XP/2003/Vista (32 and 64 bit) - skyfuser

Edited by SamanthaJones, 14 September 2009 - 10:34 AM.

#22 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
  • Interests:Computers
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

Windows Desktop Customization

• AJScreenSaver Clocks - a collection of various clock screensavers - acklan
  • BootSkin - "These two are the full version and never expire, but are unsupported by the company. The bootskin will not work on every computer, from their literature; "Some drivers and bios makers "break the rules" which can cause BootSkin to not work correctly. If you experience that, you can try these alternative versions:" Unfortunately my HP was one of the ones that broke the rules so I don't know how this one works, but I can vouch for the rest." Information contributed by Ronbo
  • CursorXP - Limited functionality but never expires. - Ronbo
  • Dexpot - creates and manages virtual desktops and enables you to work far more efficiently and comfortably with many simultaneously opened windows. Compatibility: Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista (incl. x64) - Yourhighness
  • exalead one:desktop - a desktop search utility that's fast, intuitive, and you don't have to have it running all the time for it to be effective - saint satin stain
  • FlyakiteOSX - a transformation pack that will transform the look of a Windows XP system, to resemble the look of Mac OSX - Ross Zip
  • Iconoid - Iconoid is a small program that helps reduce the clutter and confusion of the Windows desktop. - tg911
  • Logon Studio - Never expires - Ronbo
  • ObjectDock - Limited functionality but never expires. - Ronbo
  • Picture and Sound Show - a 32-bit screen saver for Windows that enables you to create your own slide shows from pictures and sounds on your computer. - Floydoid
  • RocketDock - a simple Dock program that you can place at the top, bottom, or sides of your screen, and that gives you quick access to your favorite programs and features Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista - craneop
  • Virtual Desktop Manager - Manage up to four desktops from the Windows taskbar with this PowerToy. Compatibility: Windows XP only - Yourhighness
  • WindowsBlinds - Limited functionality but never expires. - Ronbo

#23 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Website Development

• CSS Tab Designer - a unique and easy to use software to help you design css-based lists and tabs visually and without any programming knowledge required. - nosnhoj#3
  • Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar - provides a variety of tools for quickly creating, understanding, and troubleshooting Web pages. - nosnhoj#3
  • Jalbum - "This one is pretty cool for making photo layouts for your website." - Ronbo
  • KompoZer - a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing. Compatibility: Linux, Windows and Mac - BlackSpyder
  • Netdrive - integrates your Website as a drive into your Windows Explorer, so you can easily copy and paste all sorts of files, straight to your website. Only supports Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP. - Yourhighness
  • Nvu - a complete Web Authoring System for Linux desktop users as well as Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver - saint satin stain
  • Picture-Shark - a tool to add logo watermarks to your pictures in order to brand them or display copyright information. A stamp can be any GIF, JPEG or BMP image and it can be positioned anywhere on the image and previewed from the interface. You can also specify a transparency level, in order to blend the watermark with the image.
  • Porta - allows you to create attractive image galleries from your digital photos in just a few easy steps.
  • SiteGenWiz - Site Creation Program. - Ronbo
  • WampServer - a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP and the MySQL database. - nigglesnush85
  • WindowSizer - Sets a given window to an exact size in pixels. Useful for web developers who want to see what their site will look like at various resolutions. - nosnhoj#3

#24 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

HTML & CSS Editors

• 1st Page 2000 - HTML Editor, Compatibility: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP Requires IE 3.02+ - Bizrus
  • HTML- Kit - HTML Editor
  • Notepad++ - a free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment. - nosnhoj#3
  • NoteTab Light - a Notepad replacement and handy HTML editor. Handle a heap of files with a simple tabbed interface. Search files, strip HTML tags and format text quickly. Build libraries of text macros to speed up your work. - acklan
  • NVU - WYSIWYG HTML Editor
  • Selida - HTML/WYSIWYG Editor - tg911
  • Sothink HTML Editor - HTML Editor (Can only edit one page at a time) - Bizrus
  • Topstyle Lite - CSS Editor

#25 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

File Transfer Programs

Telnet Clients

Putty - Telnet and SSH Client

#26 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

Programming Languages & IDE/Editors

• BlueJ - developed at a University specifically for the purpose of teaching object orientation with Java. - jpshortstuff
  • Code::Blocks - a cross platform C++ IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users. It is designed to be very extensible and fully configurable - Romeo29
  • ConTEXT - a small, fast and powerful text editor, developed to serve as a secondary tool for software developers - scff249
  • Eclipse - used for Enterprise Development, Embedded + Device Development, Rich Client Platform, Application Frameworks, and Language IDE - jpshortstuff
  • jEdit - a mature programmer's text editor Compatibility: Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows - nigglesnush85
  • NetBeans IDE - all the tools you need to create professional desktop, enterprise, web, and mobile applications with the Java language, C/C++, and even dynamic languages such as PHP, JavaScript, Groovy, and Ruby Compatibility: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris - nigglesnush85
  • phpEdit - PHP IDE (Newest version 2.6.0 is pay for. Previous versions are freeware)
  • PSPad - a code editor that supports many file types and languages, with syntax highlighting. There are macros, clip files and templates to automate repetative tasks. Integrated HEX Editor, Project support, FTP Client, Macro Recorder, File Search/Replace, Code Explorer, Code page conversion... - phew
  • Visual Studio Express Products - This includes Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual C++, Visual J#, SQL Server, and Visual Web Dev.
  • wxDev-C++ - helps you to create dialogs and frames for wxWidgets visually using a form designer - Romeo29

#27 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

Time & Weather

• Alarm - a digital clock that you can set to display a message and play a sound at a time of your choice. Compatibility: Windows 9*/ME/NT/2*/XP/Vista - Montel89
  • Atomic TimeSync - synchronize your system clock with the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). - Herk
  • ClocX - An analog clock application for Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003. - tg911
  • DS Clock - a digital desktop clock that displays variable date and time information built from the format string - saint satin stain
  • ForecastFox - (Firefox extension)This great little extension allows you to set it up so you can always view your local forecast in your Firefox Browser itself. The forecasts come straight from the Weather Channel's website. - tg911
  • Forecastfox Enhanced - (Firefox extension) Enhanced version of the popular Forecastfox extension that adds 12 improved radar images and the ability to supply an URL for your own radar image.
  • Neutron - simple and small time synchronizing program that retrieves the accurate time from one of several specialized time servers on the Internet. - turbines
  • Qlock - world time clock - DSTM
  • SysMetrix - Highly customizable, and skinnable clock. Can be customized to monitor the weather, your e-mail, cpu, memory usage and many other things, in addition to the time. - Ronbo
  • Weather Pulse - A weather application
  • Weather Watcher - personal Windows desktop weather station. Automatically retrieve the current conditions, hourly forecast, daily forecast, detailed forecast, severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service (US only), and weather maps for over 77,000 cities world-wide - 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista - saint satin stain
  • WebTime2000 - WebTime 2000 is a small utility program that will synchronize your PC's internal clock with one of the several atomic clocks maintained by the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology

#28 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

that's all folks!

Please, feel free to suggest any additions to this list, that you might have.
Just abide by these 2 conditions:

1. It must be Freeware (free programs).
2. It must not contain any Spyware/Malware.

Registry cleaners are not included in this list due to the fact that, in the hands of inexperienced users, they could cause irreparable damage to the Operating System, and render their computer inoperable.
So to be on the safe side, they aren't included in the list.Please do not recommend any registry cleaners for inclusion into this list.

So, if you have a program that's not on the list, that you use and like, please suggest it.Who knows, it might be "just the program" someone was looking for.All suggestions, will be considered for addition to the list.
If you find any links that don't work, or that don't lead to where they are supposed to, please post them as a reply to this topic, or send me a PM.

#29 iamnoangel

iamnoangel

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

Wow you covered it all. ^_^

Yes I agree that registry cleaners should not be treated as a toy.
This is also true with MBAM. Don't be tempted to delete things other than what MBAM has deleted.

I just want to add, the K-lite codec pack also comes with windows media classic (the full version. Also it's free)

For a free app that I use a lot

TEAM VIEWER - a remote desktop application that supports, remote access, presentation, vpn and file transferring

#30 -wet-

-wet-

Original Ube Flavored Nutella - Dyosas' Protector

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3119 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Mountain Biking, Running, Fitness Exercises, DJing, Billiards, Computers (Fixing, Destroying, and Modding), Nutella, and Cooking.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

Firewall - comodo
System Information - rubber ducky
Windows Desktop Customization - vistamizer and/or sevenmizer (both for XP)

Edited by -wet-, 03 November 2009 - 09:04 AM.

#31 DellrepFox

DellrepFox

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

I would just like to express my most heartfelt gratitude to Samantha Jones. You are definitely one of the people who keeps manilatonight.com rocking. I'm not ashamed to let everyone know that I'm teary-eyed while writing this repy (too many chick flicks with my gf). I look forward to future posts like this and rest assure I would contribute as well (as soon as Globe broadband cleans up its act because i can only download and not upload files). MTC rules!!!! :mtc: :mtc:

Edited by DellrepFox, 04 January 2010 - 11:17 PM.

#32 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:00 AM

Wow you covered it all. ^_^

Yes I agree that registry cleaners should not be treated as a toy.
This is also true with MBAM. Don't be tempted to delete things other than what MBAM has deleted.

I just want to add, the K-lite codec pack also comes with windows media classic (the full version. Also it's free)

For a free app that I use a lot

TEAM VIEWER - a remote desktop application that supports, remote access, presentation, vpn and file transferring

don't you just love remote desktop troubleshooting?  :thumbsupsmiley:

Firewall - comodo
System Information - rubber ducky
Windows Desktop Customization - vistamizer and/or sevenmizer (both for XP)

nice one keep them coming! 

I would just like to express my most heartfelt gratitude to Samantha Jones. You are definitely one of the people who keeps manilatonight.com rocking. I'm not ashamed to let everyone know that I'm teary-eyed while writing this repy (too many chick flicks with my gf). I look forward to future posts like this and rest assure I would contribute as well (as soon as Globe broadband cleans up its act because i can only download and not upload files). MTC rules!!!! :mtc: :mtc:

aaaw..thanks a lot bro! time to change isp man! btw are you from dell too?

Edited by SamanthaJones, 21 January 2010 - 07:00 AM.

#33 demz!

demz!

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

Antivirus Applications
Panda Cloud

Audio/Video Applications
Jet Audio Basic

try this ----> File Hippo's Update Checker - it scans your conputer f or program updates.

#34 demz!

demz!

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:04 AM

(reposted for corrections) try this ----> File Hippo's Update Checker - it scans your computer for program updates.

#35 -wet-

-wet-

Original Ube Flavored Nutella - Dyosas' Protector

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3119 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Mountain Biking, Running, Fitness Exercises, DJing, Billiards, Computers (Fixing, Destroying, and Modding), Nutella, and Cooking.

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:20 AM

downloaded vistamizer and sevenmizer for XP.

sevenmizer works perfectly however vistamizer expansion pack is flagged by my antivirus . . .

Lots a thanks Saer ~wet~ B)

i think falsely flagged lang. what's your anti-virus?

sevenmizer is stable and looks better.

#36 SamanthaJones

SamanthaJones

Amuse me.

• Ambassador
  • 23357 posts
    Dancing
    Music
    Books
    Love
    Movies
    TV Series

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:05 AM

check out this website > http://www.freewarehome.com/

#37 deepdiverboy

deepdiverboy

MTC's Wackiest

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:basketball, electronic gadgets, swimming, movies, healthy living, meditation

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

For chatting, does Camfrog (downloadable at Camfrog.com) qualify? What about chatroulette.com? Kasi although chatroulette is free, it isn't a software, free site sya though :D

#38 direstraits94

direstraits94

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

For chatting, does Camfrog (downloadable at Camfrog.com) qualify? What about chatroulette.com? Kasi although chatroulette is free, it isn't a software, free site sya though :D

camfrog is downloadable in their website...Camfrog 5.xx is free while Camfrog pro is not

#39 hOmEy^_^

hOmEy^_^

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi guys I need this kind of software un hindi trial.. By just hitting alt + the letter which you want to have a tilde on top of it.
I tried to look for a non trial version in google, but to no avail, wala ako makita.. help nman guys.

Posted Image

#40 hOmEy^_^

hOmEy^_^

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Hi guys I need this kind of software un hindi trial.. By just hitting alt + the letter which you want to have a tilde on top of it.
I tried to look for a non trial version in google, but to no avail, wala ako makita.. help nman guys.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users