Your Favorite Cocktail Drinks -- Whats Your Poison?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My second most favorite..

Between the Sheets

0.5 oz white rum

0.5 oz brandy

0.5 oz Cointeau

1 oz pure orange juice

Shake all in ice. Pour in cocktail glass.

I discovered this drink from a cocktail recipe I bought in Sydney, tried it and never stopped mixing it since then. Whenever I have a visitor that is new to cocktail drinks, I mix this one up. It tastes very smooth even the gals love it. It is also a very delightful pre-dinner drink. Unfortunately, I have not seen this drink in all the local bars I've been to :( . I use Tanduay white for the rum, Fundador for the brandy, and delMonte for the orange juice. Enjoy.

Vodka is tasteless, colorless and odorless. That makes it so versatile.

You can mix it with just about anything and it will taste good...

Vodka and OJ is a Screwdriver

Vodka, Cointreau and Cranberry Juice is a Cosmopolitan

Vodka and Vermouth is a Martini

Vodka and Jell-o is a Jell-o Shot

Vodka, Triple Sec and Lime Juice is a Kamikaze

Vodka, Kahlua and Light Cream is a White Russian....

the possibilities are endless!!!

i agree. i've mixed vodka with coke light, royal tru, iced tea (nestea) , calamansi juice, cranberry juice, and sparkling grape. hits the spot all the time.

haven't tried it with coffee yet. hmmmm.....maybe on sunday! :wacko:

have you guys heard of Antonov vodka?? well according to my friend's review..

"Antonov Vodka is 80-proof, double-filtered fermented sugarcane vodka that distills the fire of Russia. Pure with no distinct taste or aroma, Antonov guarantees no hangover when enjoyed straight up. It has no distinct taste and aroma, which promises to be a fabulous mix to popular bar concoctions. It comes in a unique triangular 700ml frosted bottle with a red cap."

i dont know, i havent tried it yet...

ive tried drinking tequilla, tpos chaser ung vodka! ahhahaha

i agree. i've mixed vodka with coke light, royal tru, iced tea (nestea) , calamansi juice, cranberry juice, and sparkling grape. hits the spot all the time.

haven't tried it with coffee yet. hmmmm.....maybe on sunday! :wacko:

Stoli actually makes a coffee-flavored vodka that I've seen on the shelves at Shopwise. Friends have told me that it's really good, so I'll probably be trying it after I finish my bottle of Persik. Yum! :cool:

For health buffs.

Bloody Mary

1.5 oz vodka

0.5 oz lemon juice

2 drops Worcestershire

2 drops Tabasco

Tomato Juice

Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Quarter fill a glass with ice. Stir in all ingredients filling lastly with the tomato juice. Garnish with a celery stick.

I remembered drinking tomato juice for its licopene. Then I found out that its better to get it from tomato sauce (from pastas) because a serving of spaghetti has more licopene than a liter of tomato juice. Anyway, during that time Bloody Mary has been one of my favorite drink to refresh. I tend to add more pepper and tabasco sauce because I like it spicy. I recommend to sip it from a straw to avoid freezing your upper lip from the floating ice :cool:.

Also, omit the vodka then you've got Virgin Mary. :D

For health buffs.

Just a bit of trivia for the diet conscious -- best drink to drink for those counting calories and carbs is a Bacardi (or rum) and Diet Coke.

60 calories, 0 carbs - just make sure its a ssingle hot of Bacardi ONLY (doubling it will double calorie count, of course).

Cheers!

Just a tip, Vodka alone is best served very cold. So always keep it in your freezer (don't worry it will not freeze). :cool:

Try Ihi ni Maria :upside:

http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=28204

:D true.... mas masarap ang vodka pag ice cold.... dito sa russia, we drink it by shot glass, tubig lang pang cheese..... Russian Standard the best I tasted so far among russian made vodkas. :cool:

You have tried gin pomelo.

But have you guys tried Tanduay and extra joss.?

Ito recipe

for every tanduay lapad + 1 extra joss sachet

for every tanduay long neck + 2 extra joss sachet

Mix in a pitcher. Then add ice. Drink.

Masarap. Makes tanduay smoother at parang nawawala yung amoy nang tanduay. I dont normally like tanduay but this mix i like.

Try nyo.

Galing to sa mga sabungero.

Merging Extra Joss + Tanduay thread w/ existing All About Cocktails thread.

Edited by Wyld

Cosmopolitan still remains #1 for me

Cosmopolitan

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 oz vodka

1/2 oz Cointreau

1/4 oz fresh lime juice

1 oz cranberry juice

orange peel for garnish

now for those who are queasy on buying hard to find ingredients for this drink, a simple but good substitute for this

is just to mix equal parts of vodka and cranberry juice with lots and lots of ice :thumbsupsmiley:

Zombie

1 oz Apricot Brandy

1 oz light or puerto-rican rum

1 oz dark or jamaican rum

1 oz lemon juice

1 oz lime juice

dashes grenadine

orange juice

1 oz overproof rum (barcadi 151)

In a cocktail shaker, mix light & dark rums and brandy. Add lemon and lime juice and dashes grenadine. Shake well and strain into a higball glass filled with ice. Fill glass with orange juice leaving room to float 1 oz of overproof rum. Garnish with cherry, orange slice, pinapple wedge.

Keep away from naked flame

Freshen your breath.

Vodka and Cranberry

1.5 oz Vodka

Cranberry juice

Fill a glass two thirds of the way with ice. Pour in the vodka. Add cranberry juice to fill then stir briskly.

This is not meant to replace your morning shot of listerine, of course :D . But it is helpful to know which drinks make your breath more pleasing to the opposite sex when youre out drinking. In general, anything with citrus, gin, vodka -for example Martini, Gin and Tonic, Between the Sheets, will keep your breath alive. Drinks to avoid is BEER, and anything with milk. :cool: