Mag Empleyado O Mag Negosyo?

• 1 month later...

It is in my opinion na di ka pwede magbusiness (ng full tine) unless ur a workaholic and are really immersed in it. Being an employee gives u rest days and vacation. Being the boss doesn't: kahit kakain lang sa labas dapat matalas ka sa potential clients and prospects. U may have to squeeze a meeting on ur family time at kahit nagbabantay ka ng kamag anak sa ospital available ka pa rin tumanggap ng tawag mula sa business partners. Employees, we have a right to say no and leave.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Random thoughts

:

1. Work Ethic

- people see business as "i am my own boss" but what fail to see sometimes is that in itself means that you have to be accountable to yourself. no excuses. Not to mention that a lot of people will be depending on you (depending on the size of your business) Employees, Clients, Family, Suppliers. Do you have what it takes to handle that pressure? For smaller businesses na "one hit wonder" baka pwede zero work ethic, pero if you really want to scale, you have to put in the work. not your employees, not your family, not other people, but you.

- with being an employee, there's less impact (depending on the size), but there will be people who will cover for you, be it your manager, teammates, whatever. may vacation pa.

2. Risk Tolerance

- can you afford to take a hit? everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. and you will get punched in the face, sa business. My advice is to really study how much you can afford to lose/spend on your business. Based on personal experience, I had to do one meal a day when i started out one of my early ventures, provided kaya naman 3, pero may magsusuffer na pa-sweldo and allowances for some employees or expenses sa business. Nagstick yung habit and to this day, I only eat dinner on regular days, but for different reasons na ngayon. Mostly, I feel that lunch time is the best time to work sa office because I don't get interrupted as much haha.

- employees have the freedom to not think about the direct result of their day to day actions, because their company has already been established, and the financial aspect is a problem for management. Also, fixed compensation. Whether you put in the work or not, you get paid at the end of the day/week/month.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the choice will depend on your personality and financial situation.

i always think of running a business is like running a family. if you are mature enough and determined you can go run a business. parang tatay ka ng family lahat responsibilidad mo unless may magaling and matulungin kang wife to help you mold and run your people then great.

if empleado ka para kang anak ng owner ng company. mga responsibilidad mo mga bilin ng magulang mo hanggang ganun lang and asa ka lang sa allowance mo. ipon ka lang ng ipon hanggang maging tatay ka isang araw

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Depende sa skills ng person.

I know a few businessmen who's been in business for 10-20 years pero yun income nila is smaller than Data Science & IT friends. Sometimes corporate life is underrated.

For me, business is better if you have financial, hr, and operational excellence.

Edited by omglord