Practical Shooting

pareng pare

good day guys,

anyone familiar with practical shooting? im interested with this kind of sport. but before getting into this sport, i just want to inquire if any of you guys knows what kind of handgun is better? im refering to the make of the gun (polymer, steel, etc).

your contribution is most appreciated.also, what brand do you recommend?

good day guys,

anyone familiar with practical shooting? im interested with this kind of sport. but before getting into this sport, i just want to inquire if any of you guys knows what kind of handgun is better? im refering to the make of the gun (polymer, steel, etc).

your contribution is most appreciated.also, what brand do you recommend?

Depends on what class you want to play in, production, standard, modified or open.

Polymers are under production class, 1911s and 2011s in standard, modified 1911s and 2011s sa modified, but guns limited to a certain box size, free for all modifications for open restricted by power factos

• 2 weeks later...

if youre working on a budget you may want to get a 1911 GI series armscor or norinco would do, i do have to warn you coz eventualy you would want to tweek or even upgrade your piece, that will satisfy youre expectations as a shooter.

I learned my lesson the hard way, I liked the Polymer gun released by armscor because of the way it looked it was with me for two years and still looks good like it just came out of the box. The thing is parts availability is hard to come by even if you go to the source (armscor). The Gun was not zeroed that means you have to pay the gunsmith to put adjustable sights and that alone would cost another 9k. other than that the gun shot flawlessly in the range no jams. I ended up selling that piece and got myself a 1911a1 FS match grade from armscor, it was the sweetest thing ever, it had an adjustable sight, shoots good no jams and groups excelent.

here it is : budget gun go for the GI 1911 single stack 7+1 rounds

1911 practical series armscor available in hi capacity magazine amd single stack

1911 norinco

STI is too pricey.

cz's

para ordnance .45

Bersa Thunder .380

Walther pistol

You may want to consider also if you want to get a single or double action only pistol. before i forget if you want to use it for conceal and carry better get a small gun like bersa thunder or p22 walther pistol.

The thing with a 1911 is the availability of the parts.

i agree with Massive. thanks bro.. iv conducted several research. i found out that spare parts availability is the first thing you consider in buying a gun.. armscor, which is made locally is the first option. that is ofcourse if our budget is limited. order basis kasi ang spare parts if imported guns mo. that would be additional cost for you guys

Besides all the good suggestions already posted, another to consider when buying a gun is how it feels when you hold it. Too light? too heavy? Feels a little offbalance to you? Feels "wierd"? Is the grip too big for your hand? Too small? How comfortable are you when holding it?

If a gun is too light and a high caliber (eg, .45 ACP), you'll be compensating a lot for recoil. If it feels too heavy for you (eg. Desert Eagle .50AE) you might want to consider something lighter. Remember, how long do you plan on holding it while in competition? How's your arm and wrist doing after lugging and shooting that hand cannon all day?

Question: do gun ranges in the Phil rent guns for use at the range? If so, it'd be a great way to "test drive" a weapon before buying it?

I had a Colt Delta Elite 10mm until I cracked my last spare barrel. After that, I had to sell it off for parts...no more replacement barrels being sold in my area.

Now, I only have 2 ParaOrdnance P14s. One has an ambidextrous slide release (it's still new), the other has a match grade barrel and holosight.

.45s and 1911s... best if u want to practice and for competitions (practical shooting class and upgrades are available to most units)

mine is for hobby and personal defense... check this out... Springfield Armory USA (originally Croatian made) HS40 a Caliber .40 and ported barrel (9mm is the HS2000 series) pistol...

personally, the HK40 is a high cap .40 S&W unit... meaning the capacity of a 9mm and the stopping power of the .45 units... can be modified to take a +P ammunition daw... i dont use a +P tho.. :)

Pricing.... a gud handgun is at an average of 20-40K then license @10k then PTC @5-8K... lots of budget for ammo....

have a delta elite 38 super. ang hirap ng magazine and barrel where can i find some. bullets is no problem. pero puro regular lang walang masyado na silver tip at glazer. have not really used this gun since it was given to me as a gift by my friends. saan maganda magpaturo.

and thinking of buying a new one maybe a glock .45 or a cz shadow. mas mabilis ang bala at parts. can anyone suggest anything

10 mm kung di ako mag-kamali, was fisrt introduce for the feds. Di nga lang naging popular. pwede ring bear pistol kung di kaya ang 44 mag.

Tama ka, you got to go for the feel. I got small hands (I think) did a research way back, and found that the reason the Washington state police went with Kimber 1911 dahil more women qualified with this pistol. Dahil sa budget, went with Springfield, may internal lock pa for home safety.

Thinking of 1911 with the rails, just to make it little heavy. Baka more practice lang kailnagan ko :goatee:

Besides all the good suggestions already posted, another to consider when buying a gun is how it feels when you hold it. Too light? too heavy? Feels a little offbalance to you? Feels "wierd"? Is the grip too big for your hand? Too small? How comfortable are you when holding it?

If a gun is too light and a high caliber (eg, .45 ACP), you'll be compensating a lot for recoil. If it feels too heavy for you (eg. Desert Eagle .50AE) you might want to consider something lighter. Remember, how long do you plan on holding it while in competition? How's your arm and wrist doing after lugging and shooting that hand cannon all day?

Question: do gun ranges in the Phil rent guns for use at the range? If so, it'd be a great way to "test drive" a weapon before buying it?

I had a Colt Delta Elite 10mm until I cracked my last spare barrel. After that, I had to sell it off for parts...no more replacement barrels being sold in my area.

Now, I only have 2 ParaOrdnance P14s. One has an ambidextrous slide release (it's still new), the other has a match grade barrel and holosight.